Webinars are a great platform for every business organization to showcase its expertise in any field.
Through webinars, it is easy to build relationships and connect with the audience. It scales your sales and increases ROI. Webinars offer great value and are easily scalable.
ON24, the world’s leading webinar platform conducted a survey of 22,922 webinars with at least 100 attendees held between January and December of 2018 on average.
This study analyzed the entire webinar lifecycle including webinar promotion, registration, audience view time and interactivity, engagement, responses, and conversions.
- 33% of the webinar sign-ups occur on the day of the webinar itself.
- 57% of the webinar registrations come from email compared to other communication channels.
- 73% of B2B marketers said that webinars are the best way to generate high-quality leads.
- Out of the 100 registrants, 40-50% is the average webinar attendee rate.
- 60% of the attendees register for a webinar before a week.
- According to the research, 36% of registrations occur between 8-10 am.
- 44% is the average attendance rate for marketing webinars.
- Around 78% of webinars have less than 50 attendees backed by research.
- For 1 hour-long webinar, 67% is the sign-up rate, while 30-minute webinars only attract 8% of registrations.
- Hosting webinars on Thursday will give rise to more live attendees.
- 92% of webinar attendees want a live Q&A session at the end of a webinar.
- 32% of attendees feel to have more engagement when the webinar host is passionate.
- The preferred length of time for a webinar is 30-40 minutes.
As reported by ON24,
- 89% of the hosts agreed on the webinar as their best platform to showcase and grow their business.
- 95% of the respondents agreed on webinars as a key to their lead generation and marketing efforts
- 75% of the respondents reported that they use webinars to build their brand, 76% achieved more leads by running webinars.
- 69% of the respondents scaled up their market through webinars.
Webinar registration stats:
- 54% registration for a webinar happens at least eight days before the event.
- 46% registration occurs within a week of the event.
- 28% registered 15 days earlier. It was 24% in 2017.
- 11% registered on the day of the event.
So, the longer the promotion, more are the registrations.
Email is one of the effective means to promote webinars.
But which is the best day to send the emails which leads to more conversions?
As per the survey, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, these middays are the best to send promotional emails.
In this survey, it was found that,
- 16% registered to the webinar through emails sent on Monday.
- 22% registered through emails that were sent on Tuesday and Thursday.
- The highest number of registrations was on Wednesday with 23%.
- Only 12% were registered on Friday.
- Very few were registered on Saturday and Sunday i.e. 5%
So, Wednesday is the best day to send your emails. It’s better not to send your promotional emails on weekends.
Best day to host a webinar:
As people will be busy on weekends and Monday, they will be free to attend webinars on mid weekdays like Wednesday and Thursday.
ON24 come up with the best day for webinar attendance. It found that 28% of registrants attended the webinar on Thursday while 27% attended on Wednesday.
Tuesday is not bad as it got 24% of the attendance rate.
Don’t host webinars on weekends because they got only 3% attendees. Friday is also not recommended.
Monday is the busiest day for most of the workers and it got only 10% attendees.
So, hosting webinars on Thursday will give rise to more live attendees.
Also as reported by LiveStorm, Wednesday and Thursday are the best days to host webinars.
These middays are easy for people to connect with webinars.
So always host your webinars on these days to get high conversions.
Best time to run webinars:
Even though the best is one that fits for attendees and it depends on where your audience resides. Mid-morning or middle of the day is the best time to run webinars.
Run your webinar at 11 a.m. PST (2 p.m. EST) to leverage the most out of your webinar.
You can experiment on this and choose the one that works well for you.
ON24 experimented on this and got the following results:
- For them, 11 a.m. worked best and attracted 18% registrants while 10 a.m. got only 13% attendees, and 12 p.m. got only 11%.
- 1 p.m. is lunchtime and is not the recommended time to run webinars.
- In early morning people will be less interested to attend the webinar and it got very poor viewers.
Webinars average view time:
The view time depends on the type of the topic, content, goals and audience interest.
Q&A session is the most engaging and interactive session in a webinar.
You need to test this with your audience and find the duration for which they are comfortable.
58 minutes is the webinars average view time.
ON24 does this analysis every year and it came up with the year-wise view time for webinars:
But LiveStorm’s survey analyzed a wide range of webinars and advised to host a webinar with an average duration of 30 minutes to 1 hr.
Average attendee rate for a webinar:
Engagement in the webinar with integration tools:
Webinars offer a great engagement. 69% of respondents said that they host a webinar to increase the engagement.
They allow chat questions, polls, Q&A sessions, surveys, and resources. Out of all these tools, 63% of respondents agreed as Q$A session as the most engaging tool they found for the webinar.
These tools will encourage attendees to stay for more duration, increase their interest, help them stay more focused.
So make your webinar more engaging by using these integration tools as much as possible.
The respondents rated the webinars interactivity as 3.13 out of 5.
Most used engaging tools on the webinar:
- Q&A – 81%
- Resources – 69%
- Surveys – 36%
- Social media – 25%
- Polls – 22%
- Group chat – 10%
Integrating video in the webinar:
Video is the most effective media to engage the attendees.
Respondents love integrating video in the webinar and they rated it 7.8 out of 10.
56% of respondents said that they use both live and on-demand video. 44% of respondents use live features. 29% of respondents use to broadcast live.
32% of respondents who don’t use video in their webinars claim that they don’t have the necessary skills required for that while 27% said video production is expensive for them.
With different types of webinars including live, on-demand, and always-on, 59% of attendees watch live webinars.
5% of attendees watch both live and on-demand webinars while 36% of attendees watch always-on webinars.
The average view time of these always-on webinars is 47 minutes which was 44 minutes in 2018.
74% of respondents use a tool to host their “automated” webinars. Only 5% use video hosting
platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo.
76% of respondents who offer training webinars and 67% of respondents offering education webinars claimed that they provide both live and on-demand opportunities.
91% in this survey agreed pre-recording saves energy and time.
In 2018, the average registrant to attendee conversion rate was 55.9%.
For a webinar with 100 attendees, the Conversion rate of 35-40% is considered as good.
For greater than 100 attendees 43.3% conversion rate is good.
ON24 analyzed the conversion rates for different fields where all webinars had at least 100 attendees and it came up with the following results.
- Webinars related to communications got conversions of 67.05%
- Training webinars got 44.79% conversions
- Marketing webinars achieved 39.10%
- Education webinars got 30.79% conversion rate.
BrightTALK supports various embed channels on the web to run webinars on its platform. To increase the conversions it suggested to leave a remainder “starting now” email at least 15 minutes before the live event as it increases the conversions and earns 35-45% CTR.
Other notable webinar statistics:
- More than 60% of marketers use a webinar to promote their content.
- Running a webinar will cost $100 and $3,000 depending on promotion and technology.
- Most people attend only 1 webinar per week.
- On average 19% of conversions happen in best-hosted webinars.
- InsideSales conducted a survey on the effective methods for lead generation in which 73% of sales leaders and B2B marketers agreed that webinars are a great way to generate successful leads.
- GoToWebinar analyzed webinars on average and it has found that 33% of the signups occur on the day of the webinar itself.
- As reported by GoToWebinar, compared to 30 min webinars 60 min webinars lead to 2.1x more registrants, while 90-minute webinars attract 4.6x registrants. So, longer webinars are good to go as the attendees are more interested in longer webinars.
- Training webinars are having the highest average attendance rate of about 65.5% when compared with marketing webinars with an average attendee rate of 36.6%. Customer training and onboarding webinars have 42.1 % attendance rate and internal communication webinars have a 56.2% attendance rate.
Read our other statistics related posts:
30+ Influencer Marketing Statistics You Should Know
37+ Stunning Conversion Rate Optimization Statistics
50+ Lead Generation Statistics to Prove B2B is the Future
50+ Shocking SaaS Statistics That Are Trend-Setters!
70+ Mind-Blowing eLearning Statistics You Need To Know
35+ Surprising Quora Statistics That are Hard to Ignore
25+ Mind-Bottling Facebook Live Statistics
70+ Voice Search Statistics to Prove A.I is Taking Over!
90+ Mind-Blowing Branding Statistics
50+ Marketing Automation Statistics
40+ Shocking Shopping Cart Abandonment Statistics
40+ Retargeting Statistics That are Hard to Ignore
35+ YouTube Advertising Statistics To Power Your Ad Strategy
50+ Telegram Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind
70+ TikTok Statistics to Prove TikTok is a Ticking Bomb!
Hope you guys loved this post on webinar statistics.
Due to the high costs incurred in conducting live workshops and seminars, the hosts prefer webinars.
As the attendees don’t need to commute and pay for accommodation like that of live events, webinars are growing in popularity.
For many marketers (including me), the webinar has become one of the best converting channels.