Welcome to my very very long post (6000+ words) on building a blog that matters.
The post is about to begin…
Blogging is not all about writing some blog posts and expecting traffic. It’s all about reaching a wider audience, promoting your blog. It’s possible by adopting some unique untapped strategies.
There is no shortage of blogs, which help you to build a blog that matters.
Well, I know that there are a plethora of blogs that claim that they help you to build a great blog. Among these blogs, it’s actually difficult to judge each blog’s quality. It’s also difficult to judge the effectiveness of the strategy outlined in those blogs.
New bloggers often struggle. They have several questions in mind: “Where to start?”, “How to start”.
So here’s the complete guide. A set of effective resources that helps you to build a great blog from A to Z.
In this guide, you'll learn
- 1 Build a blog that matters: Head start for blogging
- 2 WordPress Stuff
- 3 SEO Stuffs
- 4 Social media promotion and traffic
- 5 Massive traffic, promotion, and branding
- 6 Content and blogging strategies
- 7 Effective less known strategies
- 8 Monetization of your blog
- 9 Motivation and Inspiration
- 10 Blogging Resources and tools for productivity
Build a blog that matters: Head start for blogging
Is blogging right for you?
This is the most common question, every new blogger asks himself before starting. Before starting a blog, a blogger must know whether the blogging profession or hobby is suitable.
Before starting, you must know whether the blogging profession is suitable for you.
It’s important to know whether you’re the right person to start blogging. Blogging without passion, it’s definitely a waste of time, strength, and money.
If you have great command over the language, and have proficiency in expressing what you know, and is highly creative, blogging may be the best suit for you.
Here are some resources that help you to find out yourself whether you’re the right person to start blogging or not.
- Is Blogging Right for You? – Famous Bloggers
- Is Blogging Right For You? – Blog Marketing Academy
- Before You Start a Blog Determine if Blogging is Right for You
- Is Content Marketing Right for You? | Social Media Today
- 11 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My First Blog
- 8 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging
- 15 Principles I Wish I Had Known Before I Started Blogging
- How to Start a Blog: The Step by Step Guide
Once you decide to be a blogger, the one question, that comes to mind, is what to blog about? Well, I can say that blog upon whatever you are passionate about. However, what about profit? Effectiveness? Traffic?.
Passion gives you profit. Start a blog on whatever you are interested in. When you are learning and expressing about the topic you are passionate about, you tend to be highly productive and creative. It’s a fact that passion stretches your attention span, and will make you do more in less time.
Many new bloggers, when they dive into the blogging world tend to start a blog in a niche, that’s way too wide.Although they write great pieces of content, they’ll be unable to attract the right audience and grow their blog. That’s the mistake that most of the bloggers do. To prevent it, choosing a good niche is highly essential.
Here are some resources that let you choose a profitable niche blogging.
- How to Choose a Profitable Niche – Copyblogger
- What is the Most Profitable Niche in Blogging? – Blog Tyrant
- 3 Profitable Niche Blog Topics – Select A Blog Topic That Makes Money?
- 5 Most Profitable Niche to Start Blogging
How to choose an effective domain name?
Many of the catchy domain names are not available today. So it’s essential to know the tactic of choosing the catchy domain names among the available domain names.
Two golden rules of good domain names are it should be catchy and small.
I would like to mention, do not worry too much about a domain name. It’s the quality of the content that matters.Even the worst domain names with quality content have achieved success online.
However, below are some of the resources that help you to choose catchy brandable domain names.
- How to Choose a Brandable Domain Name
- 12 Rules for Choosing the Right Domain Name
- How To Pick A Kickass Domain Name
- How to Choose a Domain Name – Amy Lynn Andrews
Best hosting services
Well, Best hosting services need it to host your blog. There is a number of hosting providers that claim 100% uptime for your blog or site.
However, there are a few web hosts actually offer 100% uptime and reliable server speed.
It’s also important to mention that, while looking for hosting services, look at the server load speed, the quality of the web hosting service. These directly influences the PageSpeed of your website.
Best hosting services according to me are WPEngine, DreamHost, HostGator, BlueHost, and SiteGround.
Opt for a hosting provider that are old and well-established. Look up whether they have hot proper contact details, toll-free support numbers, and online chat functionality.
- The Best WordPress Hosting
- How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting? – WPBeginner
- How To Start Your Blog Today – TheBlogStarter
How to setup your awesome WordPress Blog?
With flexibility, SEO friendliness, great themes and a great directory of plugins, WordPress is the best blogging CMS out there.
WordPress is open source. With tweaking and modifications, you can build any type of site to meet your requirements.Setting up a WordPress blog does not take more than 5 minutes.
Moreover, there is little to configure after setting WordPress blog. As far as SEO is concerned, WordPress is the best blogging CMS out there. It’s suitable for all types of blogging in every niche.
Many of the people think that starting a blog or site is of a great deal. Actually, it’s very easy to setup a blog or site.
Building a blog or website using WordPress is most effective and quickest way to start a blog.
- How to Start a WordPress Blog in 5 Minutes – Jeffbullas’s Blog
- Blog Tutorial – How to create a blog website with WordPress
Things to do after setting up a blog
It’s important to set up certain things after starting a blog according to your requirements.
Many bloggers also have a doubt, how to start with a new blog? What to do with the blank blog with no posts on it?
Once you launch a blog it’s highly essential to put around 4-5 good blog posts on it. The initial content on a blog matters a lot. It is the initial days in which Google tries to determine the nature of content on your site.
Here are some great guides that help you give your blog a head start, after installation:
- 10 Things to Do on Day One of Your Blog – Income Diary
- 15 WordPress To-Dos To Start Your Site With A Bang
- 8 Essential Settings after Installing WordPress – ShoutMeLoud
- 12 Must-Do Tasks for the New WordPress Site Owner
- Things You Should Do After Installing WordPress
- 15 Point Checklist: WordPress Start-Up Guide After Installation
- 8 Important Things to do After Installing WordPress
Choosing WordPress theme and design
The design is the first thing that readers notice when they enter your blog.
With great design, readers tend to read your blog posts in detail and they would visit once again. It’s the truth I’ve realized lately in blogging.
With an appealing design, you can convert almost any visitor into a blog reader. Great blog design makes an everlasting impression on the minds of your readers and even visitors.
You may already know the importance of catchy headlines. Likewise, it is equally important to have appealing, catchy WordPress design.
It’s also important to choose a color scheme for your blog/brand. For my blog, I have the colors orange and light blue as complementary matching colors. Psychologically colors create more impression about a brand.
It’s important to choose the Best WordPress theme. Changing WordPress theme repeatedly is not recommended.
- Selecting the Perfect Theme for WordPress
- How To Choose A Theme And What I Use
- How to Find a WordPress Theme that Works
- How do you choose a WordPress theme when you’re not a Programmer?
- Top 5 Tips When Choosing A Responsive WordPress Theme
- The Ultimate Guide To Creating Your Blog Logo
Tip: I suggest using Genesis or Thesis. Best free themes are StarGazer, Iconic One.
WordPress Security Guides
Keeping out the bad guys, the one thing drives us crazy.
About 40,000 of the sites and blogs for hacked daily. How do you secure yours?
Probably your blog or site is one of the 40,000 sites targeted for tomorrow! It’s better to secure your blog today itself and prevent your hard work from washing away.
You may neglect the security of your site today. But once your site is compromised you’ll be horrified. Better be on the safer side than to be sorry.
Here are some ultimate WordPress security guides, including mine. These guides help you to secure your blog today.
- Complete WordPress Security Guide – BloggingX (it’s mine)
- The Definitive Guide to WordPress Security – Moz
Tip: Enabling maximum login attempts and IP based login helps to 99% secure your blog.
This is not the only thing you should take care of. You should also take care of backups of your site. You should backup your site regularly. It makes sure that your hard work will not be washed away along with bad things.
For any blog, there are different sources of traffic.
Undoubtedly, the most superior form of traffic is organic traffic. Search engines direct it.Thus, it’s important to optimize your blog. It helps search engines discover and rank your blog.
You can almost triple your traffic by optimizing your blog for search engines. Without search engine optimization, you could not expect search traffic and readership on your blog.
Organic traffic is nothing but a passive traffic to your site. In the case of social traffic, you need to regularly share your content across the networks and promote them. But in the case of search traffic, once you create awesome content that is SEO-friendly, you are done.
Here are some of the best SEO guides that you cannot find anywhere else on the web.
Complete SEO Guides
- On-Page SEO: Anatomy of a Perfectly Optimized Page
- 6 On-Page SEO Strategies That’ll Boost Your Rankings
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Flawless On-Page SEO [Free Template]
- On-Page Ranking Factors – SEO Best Practices – Moz
- Complete On-Site Optimization Tutorial – SEO Hacker Blog
- Ultimate Blogger’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- WordPress SEO Tips for Beginners – How to Optimize Your WordPress Blog Posts
- WordPress SEO Tutorial • The Definitive Guide • Yoast
- WordPress – The Advanced Guide to SEO – Quick Sprout
- WordPress SEO: The Only Guide You Need – ViperChill
- WordPress SEO: Complete Guide to SEO for WordPress Blogs
I’ve already discussed the importance of high PageSpeed.
PageSpeed is necessary for enhancing the user experience, better crawlability, and better indexing. Usually, blogs with high PageSpeed tend to perform well in search engine.
The patience of online users is becoming less day by day. It is now crucial to deliver page as quick as possible to the readers.
- 10 Ways to Speed Up Your Website
- 15 Easy Ways To Speed Up WordPress
- How To Speed Up Your WordPress Site – And Increase Organic Traffic By 39.1%
- PageSpeed Matters! Why You Need to Improve Yours Today
Tip: Perfectly optimizing images increases your PageSpeed by 30%. Minifying CSS and JS further increase your PageSpeed by 40%.
Most common SEO mistakes and misconceptions
It’s true that even SEO experts commit some of the mistakes that crush their entire efforts made on their blog.
Most common SEO mistakes are already discovered, so you now need to make use of those, to prevent them from happening on your blog.
Learn from the mistakes of experienced people today. Prevent that from happening to your and your blog. As a flourishing blogger, reading the mistakes committed by other bloggers is important.
Well, here are some of the resources:
- 5 SEO Mistakes That Even Experts Miss
- 5 SEO Mistakes that Crush Rankings – Quick Sprout
- The Top Five SEO Mistakes According To Google’s Matt Cutts
- SEO Mistakes – 9 Common mistakes that you make!
- The Most Common Business Blogging and SEO Mistake in the World
Improve organic traffic
As I have said earlier organic traffic is one of the most superior form of traffic for a blog.
Google is the most used search engine today. To, driving traffic from Google should be the important aspect.
- Organic Search – The Complete Guide To Building Your Blog
- White Hat SEO Case Study: 348% More Organic Traffic in 7 Days
- How To Get Search Engine Traffic To Your Blog
- SEO 101: How to Increase Organic Search Traffic for Blog Posts
- Increasing Organic SEO Traffic by 400,000 Unique Visitors a Month!
- How To Increase Your Organic Website Traffic [Customer Story]
- 10 Ways to Intensify Organic Traffic – Kaiserthesage
Reduce bounce rate
After the latest Google Panda update, Google is stressing more and more importance on user interaction. Like bounce rate, average page visit duration.
The bounce rate is one of the important metrics, which helps Google to decide the quality of the blog content. Lower the bounce rate, the better it is.
Here are some sites that help you to prevent visitors from slipping away from your blog and make them stick to your blog.
Bounce rate would be an accurate metric for search engines to determine the quality of your site.
- How to Decrease Your Bounce Rate – Quick Sprout
- How to Reduce Your Site’s Bounce Rate
- How to Increase Pageviews and Reduce Bounce Rate
- How to Reduce Your Bounce Rate and Raise Interaction on Your Website
Tip: Proper interlinking of your blog posts reduces your bounce rate by 70%.
Finding effective keywords, and optimizing your blog posts for those keywords is important. It helps in increasing your rankings on Google.
Keyword research is the process of finding effective keywords. Using keywords helps Google to place your blog post in SERPS accordingly.
- How to Do Long-Tail Keyword Research for SEO (it’s mine)
- Keyword Research – Quick Sprout
- Keyword Research: The Definitive Guide – Backlinko
- The Ultimate Guide to Keyword Research
- How To Do Keyword Research – The Beginners Guide
- Keyword Research: A Comprehensive Guide – Copyblogger
- How to Do Keyword Research: A Beginner’s Guide
Backlinks are necessary for a blog. Backlinks are nothing but the votes given by other blogs to your blog.
Google Page Rank and other ranking stuff are entirely dependent on the quality backlinks pointing to your site. It’s important to build quality relevant backlinks to your blog.
- 101 Ways to Build Backlinks to your Blog (it’s mine)
- The Advanced Guide to Link Building – Quick Sprout (Check out all chapters)
- How to Get High-Quality Backlinks (Without Guest Posting)
- Backlinks: 17 Powerful (Yet Untapped) Sources
- Link Building for SEO: The Definitive Guide – Backlinko
- How to Build Backlinks
- How to Really Build Backlinks and Dominate Google
- Link Building Tactics – The Complete List – Point Blank SEO
- How to Use Guest Blogging for Effective Link Building
- 131 (Legitimate) Link Building Strategies
Stealing the strategies of your competitors, benefits you a lot. Implementing their keyword, backlink strategies on your blog, helps your blog to grow at a rapid pace. There are some of the tools like OpenSiteExplorer, SEMRush, SpyFu, Ahrefs helpful in competitor research.
Here are some resources that help you to use about tools effectively and implement them.
- Keyword Competition Analysis
- Competitive SEO Research
- Free Tools for Competitor Keyword Research
- How To Steal Your Competitors Rankings
LSI keywords research
LSI keywords are the best alternative for keyword stuffing.
Keyword stuffing used to work, 5 years back. Now, keyword stuffing does not work anymore. So including related search terms along with your main keyword throughout the post is a great alternative for keyword stuffing.
Well, here are some guides, which helps you to implement LSI keywords strategy in your blog.
It’s tested by me that LSI keywords have increased my organic traffic greatly.
Blog commenting has become one of the greatest ways to drive traffic, backlinks, and reputation for a blog.
Blog commenting, done in a great way can be greatly beneficial for your blog. It helps your blog to earn more exposure.
Commenting when done of the right blog, with a right point, can drive you targeted visitors that stick to your blog. Comments create relations with other blogs and keeps blogging fun to do.
There are many bloggers who drive hundreds of visitors to their blog daily via commenting.
By using social media, we can promote our blog effectively. Almost 70% of the Internet users at this very time, are in social networking sites.
It is the place where most of our blog readers reside.
For whom would you create content? If you create great content and sit back, can you expect traffic? Nope, promotion is required. The best way of promoting your blog content is via social networking sites.
As a bonus, along with blog promotion you can also get massive traffic from these social networking sites.
Facebook: To get insane traffic
Facebook users have a slight different mindset than other social media sites. They like interactive, actionable, how-to type of blog posts.
Understanding the mindset of your Facebook audience and promotion is essential.
You should try to build relations with other bloggers in your niche via Facebook. It helps you in long-term. You can share ideas with them. It makes your blogging a less-lonely journey.
You can also create a Facebook page and also a group to get together your readers and interact with them.
- Smart Tips to Drive Massive Traffic from Facebook
- 20 Ways to Promote Your Facebook Fan Page
- 5 Little Ways to Get More Facebook Likes
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Marketing – Copyblogger
- How to Use Facebook Ads for Content Marketing: The Ultimate Guide
Bloggers are going bonkers to establish authority in Google Plus, as it is owned by the search giant Google.
Google Plus would be a social network that may correlate with the rankings of your blog greatly.
All bloggers use Google Plus greatly. It is the second good professional social network next to LinkedIn.
- 20+ Awesome Ways to Get More Followers for Your Google Plus Page
- How to Use Google Plus for Marketing – Quick Sprout
- How to Increase Your Google+ Engagement by 281%
- 10 Smart Tips to Leverage Google+ for Increased Web Traffic
- 64 Google+ Content Strategies [Infographic] – Copyblogger
Twitter to get massive traffic
Twitter is the most updated micro-blogging site ever. Having a huge fan followings and interactions can drive you huge amount of traffic.
Regularly learn to tweet awesome stuff in your niche. Like and reply on other tweets. Build a traction.
Viral blog posts can easily get more retweets, followers, and ultimately traffic.
- How to Steal Your Competitor’s Twitter Followers
- How to Get More Twitter Followers – Social Triggers
- How to Create a Twitter Marketing Strategy that Rocks
- How to Use Twitter – Tips for Bloggers
- How to Increase Your LinkedIn Engagement by 386%
- How LinkedIn Groups can Explode your Blog Traffic
- 8 Killer Tactics to Grow Your Blog with LinkedIn
- 16 Smarter Ways to Use LinkedIn to – Copyblogger
- The Science of Instagram: How to Get More Followers and Likes
- How to Increase Your Instagram Engagement by 182%
- How to Use Tumblr for SEO and Social Media Marketing
- How to (Properly) Use Tumblr to Market Your Brand
- How to Use Pinterest to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog
- My Top Pinterest Tips – Amy Lynn Andrews
- Flickr is for more than just photos
Massive traffic, promotion, and branding
Apart from social media, you can drive massive traffic to your site from several ways. By social bookmarking sites, forums, email marketing.
Traffic is the life of the blog. Without traffic, your blog will be a barebone.
It’s important to establish your blog as a brand. Your blog’s name should be there in the mouths of all the guys out there interested in your niche.
- The Complete Guide To Building Your Blog Audience
- How to Increase Blog Traffic: The Complete Blog Traffic Guide
Branding matters a lot
Without branding, you cannot withstand the competition. Branding is all that matters. It’s your blog, you should promote your blog. The importance of brand mentions, links, should be clearly understood and implemented
- Branding Your Blog: You’re Doing it All Wrong
- The Complete Guide to Building Your Personal Brand
- 6 Branding Approaches They Forgot to Teach You in Business School
- 6 Effective Tips to Brand Your Blog Like QuickSprout
Promotion of your blog and blog posts
You cannot expect that initial flow of traffic to your blog posts, without promotion. Promotion should be done to hit the correct nail under the hammer-head. It should be done to make relevant readers stick to your blog.
- 10 Smartest Things You Can Do to Promote Your New Blog
- Branding 101: How to Promote Your Blog Like the Big Guys Do
- 50 Ways to Promote and Market your Blog Posts
- 17 Advanced Methods for Promoting Your New Piece of Content
- The Reddit Guide to Massive Traffic | Search Engine Journal
- How To REALLY Generate Big Blog Traffic From Reddit
- 4 Ways to Increase Your Traffic With StumbleUpon
- The Secret to Getting Highly Targeted Traffic from StumbleUpon
- Targeted Website Traffic with Delicious | Traffic Building Tips
- 5 Tips To Use Delicious To Drive Blog Traffic
- Guide to Traffic From Digg Comments – Moz
Forums are the place where real conversations happen. People present their own questions, problems, hoping for answers. They are your potential readers.
Helping the people in online forums, gains you loyalty and brand-awareness.
- How to Build Traffic Through Forums – Quick Sprout
- 8 Tips To Get Traffic From Online Forums – Daily Blog Tips
- 10 Rules for Driving Traffic Using Forums – SitePoint
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- 10 Ways to Drive Traffic From Forums To Your Blog
Email marketing and list building
Building email list helps you accurately quantify the number of loyal readers on your blog.
List can bring hundreds of visitors daily, even if Google fails you to bring organic traffic.
Your blog subscribers are the assured traffic and customers. I advise you to build your list from day one and interact with the list.
- How to Increase Blog Traffic: The Complete Blog Traffic Guide
- The Complete Guide To Building Your Blog And Getting More Email Subscribers
- How to Create a Squeeze Page That Converts at 21.7% (Case Study)
- How to Convert Casual Blog Visitors Into Dedicated Subscribers
- 10 Effective Ways to Get More Blog Subscribers
Video Marketing & YouTube is trending
Most of the people like to watch videos instead of reading long blog posts. In fact, video blogging has become one of the most popular hobbies of many bloggers.So have you ever thought about transforming your blog posts into videos and publishing them? You have to.
By doing this, your blog post and content get much more exposure, and the reaches of your content will be more.
- 10 Steps to Successful Video Blogging
- Chris Brogan on Video Blogging | Entrepreneur.com
- Video Blogging: My Extremely useful tools for video blogging
- 30 Video Editing Software And Online Tools
Content and blogging strategies
Quality content is equally important to that of setting up a blog, choosing the attractive design, paying for web hosts.
Quality content consists of catchy headlines, great writing style, great images, infographics, and some content that has the potential to go viral.
Finding: What to blog upon?
I spend most of the time blogging, blinking my eyes along with the cursor, thinking for what to blog upon. I bet for most of the bloggers out there this is the exact problem.
Here are some articles including mine that helps you to find topics to blog upon:
- How I Find Effective Topics to Blog About (it’s mine)
- How to Find Content Topics That Score Big Using Keyword Research
- How I Write 8 Blog Posts a Week While Running 2 Companies
- 7 Effortless Ways to Find New Ideas for Your Blog
Headlines are damn important
Catchy headlines are very important in blogging, especially when conversions are important. Effective headlines have the potential to increase your blog traffic by 500 to 700%.
Titles or headlines are the ones that the visitor sees on entering into a blog post and also in search engine results page.
- A Simple Formula for Writing Kick-Ass Titles
- How to Write Magnetic Headlines – Copyblogger
- 10 Awesome Headlines that Drive Traffic and Attract Readers
- Headline Writing 101: How to Write Attention Grabbing Blog Headlines
Effective writing of blog posts with great style
Well, many of the blog readers expect blog posts to be written in unique style. They hate blogs that are written in the default style.
As a blogger, you should have the unique style of representing the content. You should have your own specialty, own style of writing.
- The Blogger’s Style Guide (How to Write Stellar Blog Posts)
- The New Style of Writing for the Net (Are You Up with the Play?)
- 26 Tips for Writing Great Blog Posts
- How to Write Great Blog Content
- You Must Master These 4 Blogging Methods
All about images in blogging
Images are the one, which leads to many social shares of blog posts. Attractive images tend to go viral. The majority of people who are on social media websites, love images, they tend to share the images.
Images should deliver subliminal messages to their readers of your blog posts. It should change their way of reading the rest of the blog post.
- How to Choose Perfect Images for Blog Posts (its mine)
- How to Select the Perfect Image for Your Next Blog Post
- The Lazy Blogger’s Guide to Finding Great Post Images
- What Type of Images Should You Use Within Your Blog Posts?
- 53+ Free Image Sources For Your Blog and Social Media Posts
- How to Optimize Images for Better Search Engine Rankings
- A Marketer’s Guide to Optimizing Images for Google Search
Infographics tend to go viral than that of images. Infographics are like big images, that have information in it. Like charts, statistics, facts or lists.
They are visually appealing; they tend to get more backlinks and shares. One should not ignore to include infographics in blog posts.
- 5 Ways to Get Your Infographic to Go Viral – Quick Sprout
- 10 Commandments of Infographic Virality
- Getting the Maximum Number of Links From Your Infographic
- Best Practices for Promoting Infographics
- The Definitive Guide to Writing and Promoting a Viral Infographic
Effective less known strategies
Google and Universal Analytics stuff
It’s important to track the progress of your blog and act accordingly. Knowing the insights of your blog, and user interaction help in increasing conversions. It also helps in delivering the content what your readers need.
Google Analytics is a boon for every blogger. It helps monitor every bit of your blog. It’s important to know how to use Google Analytics.
- The Complete Guide to Setting up Google Analytics
- Google Analytics For Bloggers – The Definitive Guide
- The Ultimate Guide To Google Analytics
- How to use Google Analytics to Measure Engagement on Your blog
- Complete Guide To Universal Analytics
By content repurposing, your content gets more exposure
How can you present your content for your audience? By blog posts? By slides? By Videos? By infographics? All.This is what the content repurposing does.
Representing the same content, in different forms, to reach a vast amount of people.
It is a strategy, most of the modern bloggers follow, to get more blog readers and people link to their blog post. Thus, these type of posts increases backlinks.
Link baits are the type of posts that are intended to get more backlinks from other bloggers and audience.
Content curation gets more appreciation
Content creation is the representation of content across the web, in an orderly manner and summing up them into a single blog post.
Curated posts usually get more social shares, appreciation, backlinks. Moreover, you can easily promote curated blog posts as it is of high value and effort.
For example, this very blog post has curated content.
Viral blogging is nothing but to publish blog post so that it reaches a vast amount of people virally. People only, share the blog posts for you.
Those types of content gain much attention on the web.
Split or A/B testing for better performance
A/B testing involves testing of different blog post titles, and their performance, click through rates, conversion traffic.
In simple words, it involves changing several elements in your blog and determining which yields positive results.
- A Beginner’s Guide To A/B Testing: An Introduction
- The Ultimate Guide To A/B Testing
- 11 Obvious A/B Tests You Should Try
- 7 A/B Testing Blunders That Even Experts Make
Updating of old content
Updating older content for better visibility is important. Otherwise, you’ll definitely be the victim of Google Panda update as time goes on.
Having outdated content on your blog decreases user experience and search traffic. Reconsidering older blog posts for better visibility matters a lot.
Don’t you wish that your blog should be evergreen?
- How to Recycle Old Posts For Traffic & Exposure
- The Complete Guide to Updating and Republishing Outdated Blog Content
Tip: Spend 25% of your time blogging, to update outdated content.
Monetization of your blog
Some of the bloggers blog just as a hobby, others blog as a profession. In both cases, monetizing your blog matters a lot.
Even if your blogging as a hobby, then consider monetizing your blog.
If you are getting decent traffic, why not monetize your blog?
CPC: Cost per click (AdSense)
Having great keyword strategy and proper placement of ads can do miracles in CPC.
First off, it is essential to know how to get approved by Google AdSense.
- How to Apply to Google AdSense and Actually Get Approved
- How to Apply to Google AdSense and Actually Get Approved
- 9 Tricks I Used To Triple My AdSense Earnings In 30 Days
- 3 Easy Ways to Make More Money From AdSense
Tip: Target keywords that have more CPC to earn more money per click.
Affiliate marketing, when done in a right way, can drive you lots of sales and passive income. It has the highest earning potential.
- Affiliate Marketing Basics for Bloggers
- Drive Incremental Sales Through Affiliate Marketing
- My Top Affiliate Marketing Tips
- 10 Tips for Using Affiliate Programs on your Blog
Once your site gains traction, many of the direct advertisers contact you. They will be ready to pay you big bucks for the ads you place on your site. For this to happen good traffic and interactions are required on your site.
- 5 Working Tips to Find Direct Advertisement for Your Blog
- 5 Ways to find Direct Advertisers for your Blog
- How Much Should You Charge For Advertising On Your Blog?
- How Much Should I Charge for my Advertising Space?
Big companies or start-ups may contact you, ask you to review their products or services. In turn, they pay you.
- What Is Sponsored Review and How To Get Started?
- Sponsored Reviews: Paid Reviews & Make Money Online with Sponsored Reviews
Motivation and Inspiration
For keeping your blogging going on, motivation and inspiration are occasionally necessary.
Staying motivated, while blogging, makes way for new creative ideas and strategies.
It’s also important to read inspirational blogging success stories. This will be certainly helpful in case of low traffic, failure, and penalization of your blog.Reading motivational stories also help you to blow up and be in that position!
Some motivational guides to keep your blogging alive
- How to Increase Motivation for Blogging – ShoutMeLoud
- 30 Blogging Tactics to Stay Motivated [Research]
- The 4 Motivations for Blogging – Lifehack.org
- How To Stay Motivated When Your Blog Is Invisible
Inspirational dose (Success stories)
- About Neil Patel
- Becoming a ProBlogger – A story in Many Parts
- After 1826 Days of Blogging All I Can Say “Blogging Is Incredible”
- Life of a Blogger – A Day in My Life
- Who Is John Chow?
- How Two Successful Bloggers Make Money In Very Different Ways
Blogging Resources and tools for productivity
Like for any other, productivity is also important in blogging. We have to get more work done in less time.
The tasks that we use to take hours or now done in seconds due to the tools and techniques that we use.
Several tools and strategies help you to blog productively. Knowing how to leverage the full potential of tools or resources we already have at out disposal is essential.
- 39 Awesome Tools and Resources for Blogging and Social Media Marketing
- 101 Essential Blogging Resources
- 25+ Must-Have WordPress Plugins for 2014
A – Zof Professional Blogging Tools
- My 50 favorite blogging resources
- 15 Free Keyword Research Tools for Serious Marketers Only
- The Best WordPress Plugins
- Best WordPress Plugins: 54 Pros Share Amazing Plugins
- 22 Top Blogging Tools Loved by the Pros
- Blogging tools: 15 Tools to Become a more productive and effective blogger
- Productivity Tools and Techniques to Stop Wasting Away Your Workday
- Tips from the Trenches: Best Blogger Productivity Tools
- 50+ Google Analytics Resources – The 2014 Edition
I hope this ultimate guide and list of resources, to help you achieve in blogging right from starting from the scratch until the end, and finally, build a blog that matters helped you a lot.
I know that bookmarking this blog post for your future reference definitely helps you to make your blog stand out of the crowd and earn lots of subscribers and money. Moreover, helps you to become Stardom in your niche and transforms your blog into a masterpiece.
Only reading all these above resources is easy. However implementing those strategies in your real blogging career is important.Blogging is not an overnight business. It requires hard work, perseverance, and patience.
You should not lose patience, even if you repeatedly fail. Because blogging is not a smooth path of flowers. There will be some ups and downs in your blogging career. You should not be demotivated by those.I wish very good luck in your blogging career.
Many of the bloggers are telling that blogging is about to die. But I’m a huge disbeliever of that fact. According to me, blogging is transforming. Many of the blogging related stuff have evolved like video blogging, podcast blogging, content marketing.
These are nothing but the types of blogging. Due to the evolution of those different types of blogging, it gives an impression that blogging is dying.
“Blogging is transforming.”
I personally took 10 hours, to write and compile this awesome ultimate guide to building a blog that matters. Why not take some time, and share it by using the social buttons on the top, that followed you throughout this whopping list.
If you think, I have missed any of the point or visitor mentioning any of the awesome posts, do mention in comments.