ClickFunnels is the most popular funnel building platforms out there. It is a cloud solution, comes with features like landing page builder, membership area, payment gateways, A/B testing, and much more.
But, let’s face it.
Here are the serious downsides of ClickFunnels:
- A monthly high premium price
- Limit for number of funnels and visitors
- Lack of versatility
- Some UI/UX issues
If you are just starting out your online business, ClickFunnels may quite not be affordable for you.
ClickFunnels is like the Apple (iPhone) of sales funnels, it’s easy to use and straightforward to setup. But it’s not at all flexible and costs you a lot of money when you compare it with the features it offers.
It’s not quite extensible like other tools I present for you guys in this post.
|1||Thrive Themes Membership||$19/mo||WordPress plugin|
Here’s the real cost of setting up an online sales funnel: Today setting up a sales funnel need
If you explore more, you can find that there are various great competitors to ClickFunnels that offers more features for a much lower price.
If you are familiar with WordPress, you can get started with your sales funnel for as low as $20/month. Yes, you heard it right.
It’s not only about saving money here but it is also about investing the saved money in marketing campaigns like Facebook Ads or Google Ads.
What sales funnel system am I using? If you ask me, I’ve my online sales funnel built with the Thrive Themes products. All the products of the Thrive Themes can be purchased with a lifetime license, so it’s a one-time fee for me.
As they are WordPress plugins, the versatility of the plugins is great, and they are super-aggressive when it comes to rolling out new updates and enhancements to make sure that your online sales funnel implements the latest marketing strategies.
Thrive Themes membership comes with a suite of WordPress plugins that are created by keeping sales funnel and conversions in mind.
If you ask me, the Thrive Themes suite offers you the ultimate freedom and unlimited possibilities when it comes to sales funnel building.
With this plugin, you can have your wildest marketing dreams and strategies implemented easily.
They have their great plugins like:
- Thrive Architect: Great WYSIWYG page builder plugin for WordPress. You can create landing pages on WordPress with this plugin by using just drag and drop feature. You can also make use of 200+ landing page templates that Thrive Architect comes with.
- Thrive Optimize: This is a great complementary extension to Thrive Architect and it adds a great A/B split testing functionality to Thrive Architect.
- Thrive Leads: This plugin is the best lead generation plugin for WordPress. It comes with features like popups, scroll mat, slide-ins, exit intent, behavior triggers, signup segue, A/B split testing, Thriveboxes, content upgrades, and much more.
- Thrive Ultimatum: This is the best scarcity marketing plugin I’ve ever come across for WordPress. It enables you to implement scarcity marketing principles like countdown timers, content lockdown, evergreen countdown funnels, fixed date campaigns, etc.
- Thrive Quiz Builder: This plugin helps you to build quizzes on your WordPress site for effective lead generation and as well as for gamifying your marketing process.
- Thrive Apprentice: This plugin helps you build attractive self-hosted online courses with the help of the versatility of Thrive Themes.
- Thrive Ovation: This is the ultimate social proof and testimonial management app for WordPress. It lets you create and manage testimonials on the fly.
- Much more plugins and features.
Combining these plugins will help you greatly in building highly converting online sales funnels.
The only downside is that the lack of payment gateway integrations with Thrive Themes.
However, if you are making use of external payment gateways like ThriveCart, SamCart, WooCommerce then that won’t be an issue for you.
You can integrate Thrive Architect or Thrive Apprentice (their powerful course plugin) with membership plugins like MemberMouse, S2 Member (free), etc. to create attractive self-hosted online courses and membership dashboard.
You can also buy the lifetime deals of these individual plugins if you don’t want to pay monthly for them.
The Thrive Themes Membership comes at $19/month and gives you access to all of their products.
I’ve personally used all of their plugins. Although WordPress plugins have a steep learning curve, the documentation and the well-updated YouTube channel of Thrive Themes will be of great help when setting up a funnel.
For Thrive members, they give free access to their Thrive University containing dozens of quality online courses.
With any of these WordPress plugins, there’s no restriction when it comes to number of pages and visitors like that of ClickFunnels.
#2. BuilderAll – A great ClickFunnels alternative
This is a complete website building platform, and thus will not be integrated with WordPress. It comes with all the tools that you want while setting up your online sales funnel, drive traffic and make sales.
BuilderAll literally took the digital marketing world by storm when it was introduced.
It comes with features like:
- Unlimited Domains and Subdomains
- Autoresponder with a 10,000 Leads
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 10GB of Disk Storage
- Landing Pages
- Sales Funnels
- APP Builder
- Video Builder
- Floating Video
- Click/Heat Map Tool
- Facebook Integration APPs
- Facebook Inbox Answer
- Share Locker
- Presentation Builder
- SEO Report Tool
- Browser Notification
- Full Webinar Platform
- Market Place
- Hundreds of Tutorials + Forum Support
- BuilderAll Business Opportunity
- Payment gateways
- One click upsells and order bumps
- And dozens of more
When it comes to value for the money, the BuilderAll platform beats ClickFunnels out of the water!
- But the main downside is that the BuilderAll won’t work with your existing site. You need to rebuild your entire site using BuilderAll’s platform. For that, you may want to renounce the flexibility offered by WordPress.
- I honestly also think that they can give more importance to the UI/UX of the page builder and the BuilderAll’s dashboard. The UI feels pretty bloated and still feels like a beta version although all the features are perfectly functional.
There are three plans when it comes to BuilderAll, they are Web Presence plan, Digital Marketing plan, and also BuilderAll Business plan.
The Digital Marketing plan of the BuilderAll platform is great and comes with most of the features that the tool has got to offer you.
#3. Kyvio – A good ClickFunnels competitor
This tool is a great alternative to ClickFunnels, it mainly enables info product and course creators to sell through their online sales funnel.
It comes in with great features like:
- Smart Funnels: There are 100s of funnel templates, split testing, mobile optimizer, conversion tools, and also the ability to export the funnels.
- Smart Products: This includes digital products, checkout functionality, automation actions, digital product delivery, coupons, and discounts and much more
- Smart Memberships: You have content drop-feed, member tags, progress tracking, quizzes, and design editor.
- Smart Mailer: With
thisyou can set up your own SMTP, segment your email subscriber list. There are automation, optinforms, autoresponder functionality, and also email templates to quickly do the broadcasts.
- Smart Affiliates: With this tool, you can
setupyour own affiliate platform and recruit new people to promote the products and services you’re offering in your funnel.
This is fair a new tool in the market and is making a buzz lately. I’ve heard many of my fellow marketers using this tool as an alternative to ClickFunnels and it’s working great for them.
If you are thinking to migrate out of ClickFunnels, you’ll find Kyvio most easy to use with a similar set of features. It’s built on a similar framework, where you can create complete funnels with the
They are rolling in new features and integrations, month-after-month.
There are three plans for you here. For most of the people, Kyvio business plan would be the ideal one.
If you ask me, this is a great alternative to ClickFunnels as it comes in with all-in-one features that a complete funnel building system needs to have.
Leadpages is one of the great alternatives to ClickFunnels.
It comes with features like:
- Leadpages: It is a drag-and-drop landing page builder that lets you create landing pages from the scratch and as well as allows you to choose from 100 landing page templates. These templates are sorted by conversion rates across all categories. You can perform A/B split testing of the landing pages, track the performance using inbuilt analytics or Google Analytics integration.
Leadboxes: These are optinform popups that can be triggered at various times when visitors are on the landing page. The most popular ones are exit-intent popups and 2-step optinforms which are both possible with the help of leadpages. And optinforms are extremely customizable and you can also insert the tracking code to monitor the performance.
- Leadlinks: This is a functionality similar to signup segue on Thrive Themes. With this, you can generate a
leadlinkthat you can send to your email subscribers, when they click on it they’ll be instantly registered for the webinar or anything without the need of entering the data once again.
As I mentioned above, the ability to choose a landing page based on their conversion rates (as measured by Leadpages team) is great.
There are also other features of Leadpages like Checkouts, Stripe integration, Alert Bars, ad builders, etc.
The integrated checkout options and payment gateways are of great importance as you can easily sell products without using any other external service.
Leadpages integrates with 40+ email marketing, webinar and also CRMs to supercharge your lead generation process.
It integrates with WordPress: You can serve your landing page under Leadpages subdomain or embed code that works on almost any kind of site.
There’s also a dedicated WordPress plugin for you to import Leadpages content on your WordPress site. This is great when it comes to branding, flexibility, and improving the page speed by caching the landing pages.
The standard plan costs you $25/month, whereas the pro costs you $48/month. The advanced features like A/B split testing, email trigger links, sales and payment integration with Stripe are only available with pro plan.
OptimizePress is a great theme and plugin for WordPress to build your sales funnel right inside WordPress.
Here are some of the features included by OptimizePress.
- Landing page builder with LiveEditing
- 300 templates across various categories (you can also export these templates)
- A/B split testing of landing pages
- Membership portals with OptimizeMember
- Payment gateways with PayPal and Stripe integration
The publisher package comes with access to their OptimizeMember plugin for creating membership sites, A/B split testing functionality, and also advanced elements library.
- Their OptimizeMember plugin is a fork of S2 Member plugin.
- Lack of flexibility when it comes to building landing pages when compared to other WYSIWYG page building plugins like Thrive Architect or Elementor.
In this area, Thrive membership excels as you do get lifetime updates with their lifetime plans.
It’s a great tool for you to create highly converting landing pages. This tool is solely focused on creating landing pages for your sales funnel.
Here are some of the features offered by Landingi.
- Drag and drop landing page builder: Easy live visual editor with elements and great customization features.
- Templates: Comes with 200+ templates that are highly customizable and responsive.
- Form creator
- Lead notification
- Autoresponder: It allows you to send emails to every lead that optins
- Landing page scheduler
- Webhooks for automation of event notifications and HTTP callbacks
- A/B split testing
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Custom script
- Agency license comes with whitelabel, subaccounts, user-agent, unbranded emails, and much more.
For most of the people, the Automate plan will be great that offers plenty of integrations, webhooks, A/B split testing, Autoresponder, and Zapier automation functionalities.
It doesn’t have any membership or payment gateway integrations, other than this it is a great cloud-hosted landing page building app out there.
In order to sell products, you need to hook it up with other payment gateway plugins.
Instapage is a great landing page builder.One
All the pages you publish on WordPress using Instapage will be published under a subdirectory of your site.
Here are the features that Instapage has got to offer you.
- Drag and drop builder: You can drag and drop the elements freely.
- Widgets: Many widgets like CTA, timers, etc.
- 200+ customizable landing page template
- Access to 33 million BigStock photos
- Analytics, heatmaps, and Google Tag Manager support
- Instablocks: Allows you to save a section of your landing page and reuse it anywhere on your site
- Detailed attribution data: It can integrate with Google AdWords for integrating attribution data.
You need to remember that Instapage is 100% a landing page builder. It does not come with other options like payment gateways, email marketing, etc.
It comes in with advanced features like heatmaps, Analytics, and optimization for tracking purposes.
They have their two plans, Core and Enterprise. The core plan costs you $99 per month and comes with all the features that Instapage has got to offer you.
The price of Instapage is not feasible for a casual blogger. It’s quite costly compared to the features it offers.
If you’ve read this post fully, you may already know that I advise you to pick Thrive Themes membership as it comes with access for their entire suite. As far as I know, the flexibility offered by Thrive Themes products is unheard of in the digital marketing space.
You can use Thrive Themes products with shopping cart plugins, membership plugins to create membership sites, product checkout pages, and also self-hosted online courses.
If you want a cloud solution rather than a WordPress plugin you can’t go wrong with BuilderAll or Kyvio.
What are your favorite ClickFunnels alternatives? And why?
Let me know in the comments section below.