It is super-confusing to choose between ClickFunnels and Kartra. Because it’s like comparing apples to oranges. But not all of them are suitable for all.
I’ll be going through in detail, how these tools compare with each other when you consider features like funnel building, page building, email marketing, memberships, marketing, and many other features.
Hopefully, at the end of this comparison, you’ll be able to decide which one to go with – Kartra or ClickFunnels.
Let’s get in.
- They both have a good funnel building abilities with lots of templates to play with and drag and drop functionality.
- They both have funnel sharing functionality. You can just click on the share funnel and the other person can instantly clone the entire funnel to their account.
- Both give you the ability to create your membership sites with different levels to restrict content access.
- With both Kartra and ClickFunnels, it’s possible to implement A/B split testing when it comes to page building
- They both have the feature for you to set up your own affiliate program to invite other affiliates to promote your products. In the case of Kartra, there’s also an affiliate marketplace where you can list your product or promote other products.
- Kartra is an all-in-one platform and it comes with dozens of features, whereas ClickFunnels only pioneers in funnel building and limited email marketing in their Etison suite that costs $297/month.
- Kartra has pricing starting at $99/month, even their lowest plan comes with email marketing functionality. It’s good for beginners, but as you grow Kartra becomes costlier.
- As Kartra is an all-in-one platform, there will be less moving pieces and integrations required. So, you can get rid of using Zapier for getting multiple tools together.
- Kartra’s email marketing functionality is superior to that of ClickFunnels, which has pretty basic email automation capabilities.
- With Kartra, you can host your videos for training courses and memberships. Whereas, in the case of ClickFunnels you need to make use of external services like Vimeo or Wistia.
- The Behavioral Adaptive Marketing (BAM) feature provided by Kartra is really advanced. It allows you to dynamically change the page’s texts, CTAs, colors, etc. based on the visitor demographics, behaviors, and other data. It’s a huge conversion booster.
- Kartra’s dynamic OTO functionality is also really a conversion booster that lets you redirect your customers to different OTOs based on their previous transactions or behaviors. This is something ClickFunnels does not offer.
- It comes with the Kartra help desk feature. With this, you can handle tickets, knowledgebase, and live chat support without shelling out money on tools like Drift or Intercom.
- With ClickFunnels, you can host Evergreen webinars. This is a proven way to skyrocket conversions.
- ClickFunnels has two main plans: $97/month and $297/month. Although this is not beginner-friendly, it’ll remain the same no matter how much you grow.
- ClickFunnels page builder seems more fluid and easier than that of Kartra.
- ClickFunnels offers FunnelFlix and many other training webinars. FunnelFlix is similar to Netflix for streaming high-quality marketing content created and sometimes curated by Russell Brunson.
- ClickFunnels has a really good affiliate program, in case you are looking to promote it. There are people who are making 7-8 figure income promoting ClickFunnels.
In the case of Kartra, you have a sidebar-based interface. You can access all the features that it has to offer in the sidebar.
Inside each feature, you have tabs in order to navigate through the different sections of the features.
The UI/UX is good as almost all the options offered by Kartra are accessible within 3 clicks, and they are organized logically.
The interface is not cluttered like that of Builderall and some other tools. It feels modern.
Search bar is the one thing I missed with Kartra. In case of similar tools like ClickFunnels and Builderall, you have search functionality to search through your entire dashboard for enhanced experience.
In the case of ClickFunnels, the interface appears quite matured, I would say.
All the features are available in the navigation, you can quickly access the sub-features in the drop-down itself. It feels kind of less cluttered than Kartra.
Added to this, they also have a search feature to quickly search the features available.
With Kartra, they don’t use the word – “Funnels”.
They call it “Campaigns”.
When you create a campaign, you have 4 things to do:
- Fill in the basic info
- Assets: Here you need to first dump all your assets like products, lists, pages, sequences, forms, automation, forms, etc. that will be the part of your funnel
- Marketplace: Here you can enable the products to be listed on the marketplace
- Finish: You’ll be making your campaign go live.
They also have a plenty of DFY templates, that you can just deploy to your account in the click of a button.
It’ll auto-create all the assets and links for you. All you need to do is customize them.
Now, you can list your campaign in the marketplace.
On the other hand with ClickFunnels, first you need to click “Build a funnel”.
From here, ClickFunnels will ask your marketing objective and also asks you to select among tons of funnel templates to choose from.
These templates are also neatly categorized, so that it’ll be easier for you to browse through the dozens of templates available.
Once you select the template and choose the available designs, you’ll be asked to customize the different stages of the funnel.
For each of these pages, you can select one of the templates.
Now, your page will be created, and ClickFunnels offers you to “Edit page” or conduct split tests.
Winner: As you can see, when it comes to funnel building, ClickFunnels has a better system in place. It’s all sequential and easy to wrap your heads around if you are a newbie.
Kartra comes with a really good page builder feature. In the sidebar you have options like sites, settings, styles, sections, components, alert bar, helpdesk, etc.
First off, you need to decide for which site you need to associate this site with. You need to select the site under the “Sites” section above.
The sections feature helps you import pre-designed page sections.
The components section consists of all the different elements you can make use of in the page. For each component, there are dozens of templates. You have options to enable popups on the page and also Kartra helpdesk.
The number of components, sections, and templates available with Kartra is quite more than that of ClickFunnels.
With Kartra, similar to ClickFunnels you can toggle to desktop, mobile or tablet view with the click of a button.
They also have two modes – columns and components mode. It helps you a lot in planning and building processes respectively. It also has a “Show columns” toggle which helps you a lot to get clarity regarding the structure of the page.
In Kartra, similar to ClickFunnels you can also conduct A/B split testing of the pages.
In ClickFunnels, you can only split test two variations. But with Kartra, you can split the test upto 4 variations of a page. There are also options for you to choose the traffic percentage and also auto-select the winner.
There are also options for you to choose between goal types like optin, page visits or purchases. As Kartra has an integrated checkout functionality, it can also split the pages for conversions.
Now, let’s discuss the page building process in ClickFunnels.
When I opened ClickFunnels it turned out that the page builder loaded pretty quickly than that of Kartra.
And also the ClickFunnels’s page builder seems pretty neat, with no persistent sidebars whatsoever.
The various features present in the page builder are also so logically and intuitively arranged that even a complete newbie can pick it up.
They have some unique options like you need to just upload the product image and ClickFunnels will add the mockup, and many more.
ClickFunnels also comes with various elements for you to play with. The elements are also neatly categorized for easy access.
When you add an element, you have different styles for that element. You can also easily customize the behavior and appearance of the elements.
Similar to Kartra, you have pop-ups option as well with ClickFunnels. But ClickFunnels doesn’t come with a help desk feature unlike Kartra.
With ClickFunnels, you need to set 2 variations to conduct A/B split test. You can choose the traffic percentage and decide the winner.
Winner: Kartra (close winner). ClickFunnels’ page builder is quite minimalistic and beautiful. It’s easy to learn. They have also made their page building process much easier with features like “Manage Elements”. Whereas, Kartra excels when it comes with superior A/B split testing features, more templates, and also integration with email marketing and help desk right inside the builder.
Kartra comes with email marketing in its beginner plans as well. But with ClickFunnels, you need to go with its $297/month plan to get email marketing features.
Under “My communications” you can find email automation features.
You have three sections:
With Kartra, the list management is based on lists and tags. You can dynamically add these in the automation workflows as well.
You can also add new leads manually, and you have the options to manually fill all the data points about the lead manually.
You have three main communication features.
You can have custom SMTP sending servers as well. By default KartraMail is available.
When it comes to sequences, they have a visual builder.
The visual builder is quite powerful and something that ClickFunnels doesn’t come with. If you are familiar with ActiveCampaign or Drip, this automation builder is similar to them.
You can set the conditions, actions, send emails, delay, split, etc.
Now let me talk about the automation feature.
With Kartra, you can set multiple “if” and “then” rules to set up the automation workflow.
You can have multiple automation rules like this.
In ClickFunnels, the email automation feature is called – “Follow-up funnels”.
Here leads are called “contacts”, and the contacts are organized with the help of lists and tags similar to that of Kartra.
ClickFunnels integrates beautifully with 40+ email marketing softwares to send broadcasts right from the platform.
This feature appears really neat compared to Kartra.
It also has automation features.
Here you can add several steps to be performed in your follow-up funnel. Again, you can use any of these apps at any stage of your funnel.
This seamless integration of ClickFunnels with dozens of other email marketing softwares is really great.
But as I told you, ClickFunnels does not have a visual automation builder similar to Kartra.
Winner: Kartra. Their visual automation builder is powerful.
Kartra comes with a powerful membership sites functionality that allows you to create membership sites, access levels and portals with ease.
Here are some of the features it comes with:
- Drag and drop membership builder
- Beautiful and custom-branded membership portal
- Multiple membership tiers
- Upload files and videos
- Embed videos
- Deliver full courses
- Drip content
- Run automation
You can create multiple membership tiers, and each of these can be unlocked with product purchases.
Under “My memberships”, you need to enter in the details, create access levels, add automation, and so on. Along with these, you also need to create portals to grant access to the people registered on your membership portal.
You also have access to membership analytics, to view the active members, average retention, average progression, subscribers, unsubscribes. etc.
With ClickFunnels, there’s no separate feature for creating membership sites. You need to create a membership funnel, and start configuring it.
Here you need to select a template, and import the funnel to your ClickFunnels account.
Here for this membership funnel, there are two steps.
- Membership access
- Membership area
You can edit these pages, and customize them using drag and drop builder.
In the membership area, you can create multiple sections and lessons in them. You can also restrict access to certain sections based on the membership level of the user.
Some downsides of ClickFunnels memberships over Kartra is:
- No self-hosting of videos (you need to make use of Vimeo or Wistia)
- Inability to track the user progress
- It lacks some features like quizzes and surveys
- It’s not ideal for offering multiple courses
Kartra comes with integrations with Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.net.
Whereas, ClickFunnels only comes with Stripe and PayPal integrations.
Some great features offered by Kartra compared to ClickFunnels are:
- Behavioral adaptive marketing (BAM): Kartra allows you to show different elements, page sections, texts, colors, to different people based on their behaviors and interactions on your site. This can be very powerful.
You can display or hide sections only to the people satisfying certain conditions that you set.
- Dynamic OTOs: You can display different offers to different people based on their behaviors and also their previous purchases on your site. This is something that’s not possible with ClickFunnels as it only allows you to show the same OTOs no matter what they purchased previously.
On the other hand, ClickFunnels doesn’t offer anything similar to Behavioral Adaptive Marketing or dynamic OTOs.
ClickFunnels does come with the ability to sell one-click upsells, downsells or bump offers for people while they are making a purchase. But you can’t make these offers dynamic based on users’ behaviors or data.
Winner: Kartra. It has more number of payment integrations, and advanced marketing features like BAM and dynamic OTOs.
Both Kartra and ClickFunnels offer you good customer support. They offer you email based support, ticket system, and also have a FB community and good knowledge base.
Added to these, ClickFunnels also has their live chat option on the website.
When it comes to support, you can expect both Kartra and ClickFunnels to be good.
|Calenders||Available||You need to purchase|
a separate calendar software
|Video hosting||Video hosting||You need to purchase a third-party plugin,|
like Wistia or Vimeo
|Helpdesk||Available||There is no built-in helpdesk|
|Behavioral adaptive marketing (BAM)||Yes||No|
|Dynamic OTOs||Yes||Only allows to show the |
|Explore more||Explore Kartra||Explore ClickFunnels|
As you can see Kartra is quite suitable for beginners. Although the pricing is quite close to ClickFunnels’ beginner plan, the features that Kartra comes with are unmatchable.
You’ll get access to their email automation feature and also advanced marketing features even in their beginner plan.
However, as you grow, at a certain point Kartra can be quite costlier than ClickFunnels.
On the other hand, ClickFunnels, although it’s not beginner-friendly, it costs you almost the same no matter how much you grow.
Winner: Kartra (as it offers beginner-friendly pricing and dozens of more features). It’s a better value for money.
When you compare Kartra and ClickFunnels, you can easily realize that Kartra has dozens of more features than that of ClickFunnels.
Considering the popularity of ClickFunnels, the features it offers are really less.
Kartra easily turns out to be a winner as it is the best value for money. If you are looking to buy an all-in-one platform, Kartra will not disappoint you.
However, for some people, getting ClickFunnels makes sense as they are more inclined to buy stuff from well-known brands.
Which one do you think is best for you? Kartra or ClickFunnels?
Let me know in the comments section below.