In this post, I am presenting you Passion.io review.
It is an app builder tool that helps you create beautiful apps for your online business without writing a single line of code.
If you are in the eLearning industry, with over 6.3 billion smartphone users, you need to make sure your courses are available on smartphones as apps.
But in the past, it was challenging to create LMS apps by writing huge lines of code.
The good news is, that nowadays, you can easily create LMS apps with no coding.
One such platform is Passion.io, founded by Daniel Harvey, a seven-figure entrepreneur.
Let’s get started with the Passion.io review and decide if it is the right app creation platform for you or not.
- Passion.io apps are compatible with any device, including iOS, Android, laptops, TV, desktop, and much more.
- The interface is user-friendly, and app creation is a breeze. You will have fun creating the apps.
- You can create an unlimited number of courses or coaching. You don’t have any limitations on the number of products you create.
- It has a community feature similar to Kajabi. You can provide group-based challenges to take user engagement to the next level. It being a mobile-centric platform is a big plus when it comes to student engagement.
- A built-in messaging tool is available for you to send mobile push notifications to target audiences based on segment groups.
- It has a unique goal tracking feature where-in users can check-in and track their performance. This motivates them to achieve more. Fitness trainers, hear out!
- Ability to design welcome screens and sales pages without the need for any external tools.
- It integrates with Calendly, making it easy for users to book appointments. Also, integration with Typeform makes it easy to create surveys to collect students’ feedback. Seeing their UI, I can tell more integrations are certainly on the way!
- It has a unique sequence feature where you can create multiple exercises for students to work on. It is really a good feature for fitness courses to demonstrate the workout exercises for a week.
- You can integrate Passion.io with external tracking and analysis tools like Google Analytics to get more data. You just need to embed the tracking code and start analyzing the metrics.
- You can drip schedule the lessons to encourage pro-active learning.
- Passion.io users will get access to 30-day Expert Unleashed Challenge and Expert Freedom training, which helps you take your business to the next level.
- Has built-in publishing to App Stores like Google Play Store and Apple Store.
- On each subscription, you are allowed to create only one app.
- Its customization options are very limited. You will not get a page builder kind of experience while designing the welcome screen or sales pages like in Elementor.
- It supports very few content types, so the courses are not interactive. You cannot add assessments, downloadable files, discussion lessons, ADOBE captivate, articulate, storyline & HTML5, etc.
- The lowest plan has a transaction fee of 3.9% on Passion Payments also it is limited to 100 subscribers, 100 videos, 1,000 push notifications/month.
- Custom branding, drip functionality, and community features are available on only the ultimate plan, costing $297/mo.
- It lacks a certificate feature. You need to use external integration to offer certificates for students.
- It lacks course compliance features like you cannot enforce the lecture order or quiz completion.
- The community feature is not feature-rich. You cannot automate the tasks, and it lacks gamification, as you have seen in tools like BuddyBoss.
- It lacks in integrations. As of writing this post, it only supports Zapier and Stripe integration.
Passion.io is an online app builder helpful for course creators, teachers, instructors, eCommerce store owners, online businesses, and agencies to create and sell their own custom branded apps without writing a single line of code.
It helps to build your own custom branded LMS apps for your customers for both iOS and Android. There are no limitations on the number of coachings or courses you create.
The apps created with Passion.io are accessible on various devices, including smartphones, tablets, TV, desktop, laptop, etc.
When you log in to your account, this is how the dashboard looks. The interface is very clean, minimal, and looks attractive. All the features are accessible within two to three clicks.
I really liked the fact that Passion.io’s tutorials and the support articles are available right inside the dashboard. If you are a beginner or just stuck in app creation, this would be really helpful.
The first step in creating your app is to choose a name. The tool will check the availability of the name. You are free to change this name at any time.
In the next step, you can proceed with app creation either by choosing the template or creating from scratch. If you are creating an audio-based app, go with an audio app template. If you are creating fitness courses, you can choose a fitness app.
I have selected a blank template to create my app from scratch. The next step will load up the app preview as you see in the screenshot.
This is from where you will create and design discover, course, community, tracking, and profile tools in your app.
It is disappointing that Passion.io allows you to create only one app for IOS, Android, and web per subscription. But you can create unlimited products or courses within the app you build.
Under the discover feature, you will customize the welcome screen and the sales page of your app.
You can upload a custom branded background image or video for designing the welcome screen. I liked the feature that can add testimonial quotes of your students/users, which act as social proof and help you get more customers. You can give testimonials a name, and reorder them with drag and drop.
Next is the sales page.
There are many widgets available to design conversion-friendly sale pages. You can add the product features list, add a single pricing plan, or multi-pricing widget based on the pricing model you set for products, FAQs, add a carousel list, etc.
You will create all your courses under this tab.
Click on the plus icon to create a new course. Then enter the details like course name, course description, and add a course featured image.
In the next step, select the template suitable for your course curriculum. You will have various templates like one-level structure, two-level structure, weekly live Q&A, templates for niches like health&fitness, travel, sports, etc.
While designing the course curriculum, you can add as many lessons as you want. Like most LMS platforms, with Passion.io, you can also drip schedule the content to avoid students binge-watching the lecture content.
Note that Passion.io doesn’t support long titles or summaries. You need to use shorter names and summaries for lessons or content.
You can offer any of the lessons for free, helping users to get a sneak peek into your content quality. You can also use this as a lead generation strategy. Collect the emails before providing access to the free lesson.
Let us discuss adding content to the course.
Passion.io supports very few content formats like text, audio, video, image, and files(.doc, .docx, .odt, .pdf, .csv, .xls, .xlsx). That’s it.
You can upload the videos from YouTube or Vimeo. As of now, it doesn’t support Wistia.
Passion.io has very limited content types available. You cannot upload the files from cloud apps like Google Drive or Dropbox, cannot add assessments, downloadable files, discussion lessons, Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline & HTML5 unlike in dedicated LMS platforms like Thinkific.
Using its Typeform integration, you can create and add surveys or quizzes. Note that you can only add one Typeform widget per lesson.
Sequences are a unique feature of Passion.io. You will not find this on any other LMS platforms.
So, what are sequences?
Sequences are nothing but combining multiple exercises into one set where students can go through and complete one after the other.
There are two types of sequences: Interactive exercise and timed interactive exercise.
Interactive exercises are best suitable for business coaching or any marketing-related courses. While timed interactive exercises work perfectly fine for fitness or yoga courses where you will teach fitness exercises or yoga poses.
You can create multiple exercises for students to learn over a certain time period. For example, you can create a 7 day’s workout lesson and teach one workout each day.
You can perhaps read this case study of Tiffany Wilkerson, a fitness trainer, how she earned $60k annual revenue selling a 6-week fitness challenge just with 50+ subscribers using Passion.io.
With Passion.io, you can set either subscription-based pricing or a one-time fee for your products.
If you want to provide community and tracking features for your users, you must choose them while setting the product pricing. More on this later.
Then, you need to also choose the courses you want to add to the pricing plan.
If you have multiple courses, you can create and offer them as a part of membership and set a subscription model to earn recurring revenue. Or else, you can set a one-time payment for each course and let students get all future updates.
You can provide 7 days, 14 days, or even 30 days free trial on your products. Offering a free trial is a great way to build trust for your brand. If the users get their hands on the product and like it, they will turn into long-term customers.
If you want to include a free plan for your product, you can do that as well. For this, you need to create a one-time order with pricing set as 0.
Passion.io comes with some color pallets to customize the appearance of your app theme. You can customize them to match your brand.
You can set primary and secondary colors, set buttons, buttons text, captions, and text colors to match your brand.
You can access your branding assets under sales channels.
You can set:
- Your own logo that appears across the authentication screen, welcome screen, & loading screen.
- Add your background image that appears on the discover page and while loading state background.
- Customize the header image that appears for Sequences you created in the lessons.
Communities are a great way to increase students’ engagement and interactivity, which helps to maintain long-term relationships with them.
Similar to tools like Kajabi, you can create and provide access to communities as a paid offer or as an upsell.
If you want to add a community feature to any product, you need to enable it while setting the pricing. Customers who have an active subscription to your product will automatically get a community tab on their screen.
In the community, you can assign group-based activities or challenges to increase users’ engagement. You can create and manage posts, members, and messages. You can reorder the posts with drag and drop.
Comments support images, videos, and emojis.
PassionMessaging is Passion.io’s in-built tool to send push notifications for users within the app. You can send notifications only when your app goes live.
This feature eliminates the need for integration with external messaging platforms.
You can customize the title and the notification text, and also parallelly see the live preview in the sidebar.
You can use this tool to send notifications to different audiences like:
- Users who have signed up but not subscribed.
- Users who haven’t completed a lesson for [x] days
- Users who haven’t opened the app for [x] days
They are also working on adding more use cases to send push notifications, like:
- Progress of your customers
- Scheduled to specific stages in the app
- Reminders of task completion
- New content/when a lesson becomes available
- Individual programs you have on your app
- A specific time
- On-demand notifications
- Reviewing/rating the app
- Based on specific pricing plans/tiers of pricing of your customers
Goal tracking is one of the best features of Passion.io that makes the app more interactive. With this feature, you can motivate users to track their progress within the app and stay on top of their performance.
As you see in the screenshot, I have created an AI writing exercise for my course BloggingX Automation System. After going through the course, my students can practice content writing using an AI writing assistant and track their activity.
You can track the students who have checked in over a week, month, or a year, and also see when the users have last checked in.
You can see the students who are on top with their performance, send them congrats emails, and celebrate their success in your community to motivate others. You can ask them for testimonials to use as social proof and add them to the welcome screen to get more customers.
You can even create posts in the community for the exercises, ask if the students have any problem in completing them, guide them to solve their struggles, and motivate them to participate in the communication. This increases trust and helps build a loyal audience for your products.
Using PassionMetrics, a built-in analysis tool, you can analyze the user and payment metrics.
You can see metrics like total users, subscribers, active users in the last 30 days, and the number of users who have completed in-app activities.
You can filter the user’s data based on the pricing plans or based on the subscription platforms like iOS, Android, Stripe, etc.
Passion.io allows you to export the data as CVS for analysis. Also, you can use the CSV file to add and sync email lists to your email marketing platform.
Also, you can view a summary of payment metrics like total revenue, monthly recurring revenue, active subscriptions, and one-time payments with a time filter based on subscription platforms, and pricing plans.
Along with this, you can also see the payment details of all the buyers.
If you want detailed analytics, you can integrate Passion.io with external tracking apps, like, say, Google Analytics. You just need to embed the tracking code and start analyzing the data.
Passion.io has very limited integrations. It natively integrates with Stripe, Typeform, Calendly, and has Zapier integration.
Using Zapier, you can integrate Passion.io with any platform you like.
Integration with Calendly makes it easy for your customers to book appointments. You can also charge for consultation and make money.
Passion.io has two premium pricing plans – pro and ultimate. The pro plan costs $97/mo. It restricts to 100 subscribers, 100 videos, 1,000 push notifications/mo. It also charges a 3.9% fee on Passion Payments. Note that it also lacks drip content, community, and external checkout features.
You need to go with their ultimate plan at $297/mo if you want these features. With the ultimate plan, you also get access to expert freedom training that helps you grow your business.
I suggest you join their free webinar and learn to launch and market your first app skyrocketing your earnings.
Passion.io has live chat, support documents, an active community, and a Facebook group to assist its customers.
Their community of Passion.io users is popularly called Passion Fighters. You can also join their Facebook group to get your queries answered by Passion.io users and from the team.
You can also submit your queries through the support request form.
What is Passion.io?
Passion.io is an app-building platform that helps you create your own LMS iOS, Android, and web apps. If you are just beginning with Passion.io, you can see the platform demo.
How many apps can I create with Passion.io?
You can create only one app per subscription.
Are there any limitations on the courses I create?
No. You can create unlimited products/courses with Passion.io.
Do they have a free trial?
Yes, they have a 14-day non-advertised free trial. You can claim your free trial using this link.
Does it have a money-back guarantee?
Yes, they have a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t like the platform.
Passion.io is a good platform for creating LMS apps to sell your courses and coaching. Its community, push notifications, goal tracking, built-in metrics make it more powerful.
Even though it is not feature-rich, you can expect more features to come soon.
If you are into the health & fitness, music, arts & crafts niche, Passion.io sequences are a gamer changer wherein you can provide multiple exercises for your students.
Also, you can provide activities or group-based challenges to learn together and let students track their performance. You can integrate with gamification tools to take Passion.io to the next level.
I hope you found this Passion.io review helpful.