📌 Jarvis.ai was recently rebranded as Jasper.ai (as Marvel is after them for trademark issues!). I knew it was coming. 🙄
Why trust me? 🤔
🤖 From the last 1 year, I’ve scoured dozens of research papers on GPT-3 and effective prompt design for helping bloggers to speed up the content production in Jasper – as a 6-figure blogger.
🎓 I have a course on advanced GPT-3 AI content writing for blogging in Jasper (dubbed BAS), that’s very in-depth and goes into the psychology of GPT-3 as an engine and how to tap into its network strategically.
✅ Using Jasper from last 1 year hands-on, for speeding up my content creation workflow. It’s not good at everything and is not for all (especially for beginner bloggers).
⚖️ I’ve tested and tried almost all leading AI tools in the market. So you’ve got a holistic product review here.
🧪 Created templates and recipes for writing technical content – such as product reviews, listicles, persuasive introductions, etc.
I have put in enough time to learn GPT-3, implementing it, and also teaching it to my students. Learn, do, teach. 🔺
🤫 As of now, I truly believe that this is the best review on Jasper AI.
Let’s roll in the value-driven and engaging intro. 😋
Is Jasper.ai worth the steep price tag?
Are there any better cheap alternatives?
Will you be able to get a return on investment from this pricey piece of software?
Can it replace my content writers? 🔥
Let me answer the last question first!
It can’t replace your content writers.
No, it can’t!
If you think otherwise, you are badly deceived. 😒
But indeed, I’m not talking about $5-$10 boilerplate content writers here. They’re already replaced. Alright. Take it. RIP 🪦.
Does that mean Jasper’s content is equivalent to $5-$10 content writers?
In short, yes!
YES, unless you publish it without editing and adding your arguments and experience to satisfy readers’ intents.
For you (the one who respects quality content and values your own ideas), you’ll be able to generate 2-5 blog posts in the place of one.
Personally, it helped me 2x my content creation game in my niche – blogging and SaaS. ✌ This is possible as I’m deeply researching “prompt design and engineering”.
In some other niches where AI is trained well, it can speed up 5x or even 10x content production.
Hint: I’ve condensed my prompt design learnings in BloggingX Automation System (which you get for free with Jasper purchase).
But read this. It is super important to understand 👇
If writers end up using Jasper to substitute their craft than supplement it, Google will eat your blog alive for dinner 🍽 , and one fine day your blog traffic tanks! 📉.
“GPT tech helps people with “unique” ideas but who have poor written expressive abilities be able to form coherent narratives” – for example, they can use the Content improver template in Jasper. Not the other way around.
Be careful what expectations you set forward for your team of writers with Jasper.
Think of it as a nice creative catalyst 🧪 for your brain that lets you autocomplete your thoughts.
In short, GPT-3 is originally meant to be an autocomplete (on steroids) meant to delegate the guesswork from our long-beloved brain to AI (Hi, Elon – we’re plugged 🧠🔌).
Let that sink in. Reread the above. 👆
SEO CAUTION: People have concerns that Google can penalize AI content (generated by tools like Jasper.ai) 🤖. Here’s my explanation:
It can be possible that Google can detect AI content well once it develops a huge AI intelligence to detect the uniqueness of “ideas” written by AI. It can only be detected by an AI that is aware of all the ideas on the web and has a larger number of parameters than GPT-3 which is constantly updating.
AI content if you publish it as it is, is easily detectable (at least I can detect it – like $10 Fiverr content). If you let someone with no technical knowledge of the subject hit CMD+J like a maniac, you’ll be in trouble for sure.
|Pricing||Starts at $29/mo|
|Type||Premium AI content writing assistant|
|Free trial||Special Free Trial Offer|
– Claim 10,000 words free
|See how Jasper works||Watch Jasper AI Demo|
|Jasper Boss Mode||Helps to write blog posts 5X faster |
– Explore Boss Mode features
|👀 See examples of blog posts|
📚 written by Jasper
|See the blog posts written by Jasper|
See the books written by Jasper
|Supported languages||Jasper supports 25+ languages|
– See the languages Jasper supports
|Supported templates||Jasper provides 50+ proven templates|
– Take a look at Jasper AI templates
|Learn Jasper||Learn Jasper Tips & Tricks |
On A Live 101 Training
– Register here
|Jasper use cases||You can use Jasper for blog posts, social media, |
SEO, web copy, video content, etc.
– Explore all Jasper use cases
Pros and cons
- It comes with really useful content templates. My favorites are the video script hook (a really unique one! ), the AIDA, PAS, the content improver, the blog post intro, and the feature to benefit.
- It also includes a long-form content assistant to help you write long-form blogs, sales copies, and video scripts quickly.
- It comes with Boss Mode. With this, you can supply Jasper GPT-3 commands for it to generate content (Similar to Google Assistant). Powerful! Explore all Boss Mode features here.
- You get free access to Grammarly along with Jasper’s Boss Mode plan
- Features of Jasper are really well thought out, keeping real-life use cases in mind.
- Supports up to 25+ different languages. Say “hi” to generate vernacular content at scale. See all the languages supported by Jasper.
- It comes with a grammar fixer, content simplified, and a plagiarism checker (for your own peace of mind).
- They have a really active Facebook community of over 57,000+ members. It enabled them to crowdsource ideas, roll out a “community recipes” feature, and create a content writing job board (to help you hire Jasper certified writers).
- It integrates with SurferSEO (a correlational SEO tool) to create SEO-friendly content at scale. This comes at an additional fee, though.
- Jasper can be a liar when it comes to facts and figures. It comes down to a con of the underlying tech; GPT-3. As of now, it sucks when it comes to factual details. But indeed, at this price, they may need to consider including a fact-checking feature.
- Jasper can struggle a lot in some niches where there’s a scarcity of content on the internet (but ironically, you need to write about keywords that have a scarcity of content for SEO rankings 😭). Suppose you’re writing about a new tech like blockchain; it needs more training. It’s more of a GPT-3 con.
- It can be pretty costly for beginners.
- Their mobile UI/UX sucks big time. Not at all responsive!
- Jasper lacks an API. So if you’re trying to hook it up with Zapier for unveiling interesting use-cases, you’re out of luck!
- It doesn’t come with an export to DOCX feature. You can need to manually copy and paste the content to Google Docs or Word. Not a big deal, though.
Unique strengths of Jasper
- The company is sustainable as they charge monthly vs. a lifetime deal
- They are solid at marketing, as I’ve explained before
- Founders are really good at copywriting and marketing.
- They use Davinci GPT-3 model – the best model.
- Support for AI commands (Boss Mode). Best in the game.
- Strong community – You can be informed about new discoveries, workflows, and recipes.
- The AI is fine-tuned for copywriting (Jasper was initially branded as Conversion.ai for a reason!)
If you prefer a video review of Jasper.ai, do watch it below.
Do you prefer reading?
Okay, the Jasper review continues…
Jasper is the most popular GPT-3 based AI content writing tool that excels in long-form copies (USP).
Even with dozens of GPT-3 based content writing tools popping up, Jasper still has a market for a reason.
There’s a reason why this review on Jasper.ai exists in the first place.
The experience the Jasper team gained with their other popular product, UseProof, and their copywriting knowledge have allowed them to understand what makes copy compelling.
The team has trained GPT-3 with their own high-converting copywriting templates and data, giving rise to Jasper!
Their deep understanding of how direct response copywriting works combined with a powerful AI makes Jasper (Jarvis.ai) one of the best AI tools on the market.
The company is led by CEO Dave Rogenmoser and team members Austin Distel, John Philip Morgan, Chris Hull, Megan Johnson, and James Morgan. They’re also actively hiring, with over 34 open positions on their job board.
Furthermore, they are excellent when it comes to building a loyal community, crowdsourcing AI content writing strategies, and marketing their product well.
I would highly suggest you join their Facebook community; for sure you’ll be hooked!
Jasper.ai ⚡️ is on an acquisition spree. They acquired tools like Headlime (March 29, 2021) and ShortlyAI (10th June 2021). They acquired Headlime to improve their AI algorithm and ShortlyAI (which was a very strategic acquisition) to incorporate GPT-3 commands feature (dubbed as Boss Mode) into their app, which paid out really well for the company.
I also really liked how they utilize the network effect in their product to improve their content quality by incorporating feedback functionality. This is helping Jasper create an entry barrier for other competitors.
Content and copywriting templates + my favorites
Jasper.ai comes with a lot of copywriting templates.
You just need to select the template and fill in the details for it to generate persuasive copies for you.
Here’s a list of templates you can use with Jasper:
- AIDA Framework – Attention – Interest – Desire – Action. This helps you a lot when writing copies and even social media posts that drive engagement.
- PAS Framework – Problem-Agitate-Solution. This copywriting framework helps boost conversions relating to people’s problems.
- Content Improver – It takes a piece of content and rewrites it to make it more interesting – creative – and engaging.
- Product Description – Helps you create compelling product descriptions to be used on websites – emails, and social media.
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph – Writes an opening paragraph for you and helps you get rid of writers’ block.
- Creative Story – It helps a lot to incorporate story-telling in your content creation workflow
- Sentence Expander – It lets you expand a short sentence or a few words into a longer sentence that is creative, interesting, and engaging.
- Persuasive Bullet Points – Generate compelling bullet points to insert into landing pages – emails – and more.
- Video Script Hook and Introduction – Create a video intro that will capture your viewers’ attention and compel them to watch all the way through.
- Video Description (YouTube) – Create unique descriptions for Youtube videos that rank well in search.
- Feature to Benefit – Turn your product features into benefits that compel action.
- Unique Value Propositions – Create a clear statement that describes the benefit of your offer in a powerful way.
- Text Summarizer – Get the critical point from a piece of text.
- Blog Post Topic Ideas – Brainstorm new blog post topics that will engage readers and rank well on Google.
- Blog Post Outline – Create lists and outlines for articles. Works best for Listicle and How to style blog posts or articles.
- Blog Post Conclusion Paragraph – Wrap up your blog posts with an engaging conclusion paragraph.
There are many more templates, but these are my favorite ones.
When generating the copy, you have control over:
- Content: This is the main title/description prompt on which AI will generate the outputs. You need to make sure that the description is succinct and keyword-rich to help it make creative connections.
- The tone of voice: You can add tones like friendly, convincing, witty, engaging, etc., to trigger the right kind of emotions at the right time in your copy. This is a game-changer if you know how to properly use it. You can also try experimenting with this by adding various author names or personalities like Shakespeare, Joe Rogan, etc.
- The number of copies: I would advise you to start with one output and then consider generating 5 outputs at once. Now mix ‘n match the persuasive elements from those copies to crystallize one master copy.
Outputs generated by these templates will be stored under “AI outputs.”
Favorite them, flag them (this improves machine learning), or you can trash them as well.
You can enable these templates to appear in the sidebar 👆 when you are dealing with Jasper’s long-form assistant, too (this is a game-changer for many, including me!). I will be explaining more about it in the next section.
AI template outputs – examples 🔥
Use the below section to get an idea about the AI templates’ outputs.
In the below screenshots 👇, on the left side, there are the inputs, and on the right side, you can analyze the outputs AI-generated.
Click to enlarge the below screenshots 🔎
Blog post workflow
If you’re writing a blog post, you can get started with their blog post workflow.
You just need to describe the content you want to create in a clear and concise way.
Also, enter the keywords to steer AI in the right direction. I sometimes prefer to keep “keywords” empty and add them dynamically when writing content to steer AI in the right direction.
After that, you can enter your own headlines and introductions or let AI generate some.
Now, you can open the long-form content editor with all the details prepopulated to give your article a headstart.
If you don’t want to follow any workflows, you can head directly to their content editor.
This feature allows you to write long-form copies like blog posts, video scripts, sales pages, etc.
The long-form assistant works in just 3 steps:
- Enter title: Generate an eye-catching title that matches your topic. Keep the headline descriptive up to 150 characters to help AI make meaningful associations. This is your chance!
- Enter the description: Give it some information about what you’re writing about so that we can help you write the best blog post for YOUR audience. When writing the article, this section is critical to “prime”/nudge AI in the right direction!
- Hit compose: Start writing the content or ask Jasper to write an intro for you.
If your inputs are good, the AI outputs will be good.
Also, Jasper’s editor has many inline options.
Select any content on your editor; by using the inline options, you can:
- Rewrite the content
- Fix grammar
- Explain it in simpler words
- Check with Grammarly
- Check for plagiarism for your own peace of mind (because GPT-3 generates unique content by predicting one word at a time).
When writing the blog post, you need to remember Jasper will read and generate content based on the position of your cursor.
Jasper can read 3000 characters above your cursor to get the context of the copy. It’s also called the 3000-character lookback limit. It is essential for it to look back to maintain a consistent narrative thread. And also, of course, it can see the title, description, and keywords that you’ve included in the sidebar. With this knowledge of what Jasper (your partner) sees, you can better assist the AI in generating high-quality copies!
And the best of all? You can generate content in up to 25+ languages.
The goal of AI is to make you a productive writer. There are a lot of keyboard shortcuts and modifiers that make you ultra-productive with Jasper long-form assistant.
- ***: Jasper will not see anything above three asterisks in your content. You can use it to prevent the AI from generating duplicate outputs by sticking to previous patterns.
- Command + /: re-run or retry the previous command (if you don’t like the previous output!)
- Command + Z: undo
- Command + J: Compose
- Command + Enter: Run Command (more on these later)
- Command + Shift + Enter: Run the command and keep the command on the page after running
Here’s another interesting feature.
It is sometimes helpful to use some copywriting templates in the middle of writing in their long-form assistant.
At those times, you can just enter Power Mode. Now you have instant access to all the templates to work with to aid your long-form content creation!
A real-life use case would be, say – you’re writing a blog post review, and you are struggling to convert the features of a product to benefits.
You simply can head over to the “feature to benefit” template, generate, and use it in a section of your blog post.
Or you can make use of the “persuasive bullet points” template to convince the readers!
You can enter up to 3 keywords you want Jasper to optimize your content.
In addition to this, Jasper currently integrates with Surfer SEO, so your content would be optimized for search engines.
You’ll be able to access this with SEO mode.
The tool displays the topics or keywords (that other top-ranking sites are covering) you need to include in your copy to make it more topically relevant.
Having access to correlational SEO tools alongside AI content writing tools like Jasper is a welcome feature that is unique to the tool.
After acquiring ShortlyAI, they recently have something called “Jasper Commands.” (which they borrowed from it).
It is possible to ask the AI for help while creating long-form content and using inline commands when writing marketing copy.
Simply tell Jasper to “Write an intro paragraph about <blog topic>.” It’ll generate a good intro for you.
For example, if I wanted some bullet points to help me with my sales pitch, in Jasper Commands, I would simply type:
“What are 3 great sales pitch tips?” Press CMD+Enter, and it will provide me with a few proven tips for making a great sales pitch.
Here are some examples of what you can ask:
- Write a PAS for the content above. (Problem, Agitate, Solve)
- Write an AIDA for the content above. (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
- Write a BAB about the content above. (Before, After, Bridge)
- Write some blog post titles about [topic].
- Write a content brief about [topic or title].
- Write a blog outline for a blog post titled [blog post title].
- Write some FAQs about [blog post topic].
- Answer the question, “How much protein should I eat per day?”.
- Write a blog post intro for the above.
- Make a list of [topic]. (ex. Make a list of auto manufacturers)
- Write a conclusion about the above content. (Likely to write a conclusion paragraph)
- Write some ad headlines for the product description above.
- Write ad copy about the product description above.
- Rewrite the above to explain it to a 5th grader.
- Run Content Improver on the content above.
- Write a value prop for the company described above.
- Write some persuasive bullets for the content above.
- Write a feature benefit for a feature that does [feature description].
- Write a listicle outline for [the best ways to lose weight].
- Write some YouTube titles about [topic].
- Write a video script outline for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video script intro for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video script hook for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video description for the above video script.
Pro tip: You can easily add these commands into your text expander for more effortless execution.
Or, you can go a step further and do this setup?
As of me writing this blog post, they introduced the Jasper Recipes feature.
Let us know what recipes mean here.
It’s just a collection of prompts/commands you need to run to get a really high-quality copy or content.
Let’s see how it works.
You also can include an explainer video in case you are handing the outline over to a writer!
Once done, you can run this recipe or get a public link for the recipe!
They also have a wide range of recipes for you to use.
You can just replace the variables with “content” in the above recipe and run commands.
There are a lot of community recipes you can access by joining Jasper’s Facebook group. This will be very helpful for you if you’re clueless about prompt design or want to save time.
Hint 🤫: Learn advanced prompt design and how to implement GPT-3 in your blogging workflow with BloggingX Automation System – get access to it for free when you buy Jasper (special link).
My Jasper real-life use cases
Jasper.ai has been working really well for me to assist me with my content creation.
The outputs generated by Jasper.ai are superior to those of other tools in the market, and it doesn’t produce irrelevant fluff as often as other tools do.
But needless to say, you need to train the AI in the right context and work with it.
Over time, you’ll be able to see good results out of it.
Our niche is SaaS and blogging.
We use Jasper for various use cases like:
For this, I can either make use of their blog introduction template or the content improver.
Action tip ⚡️: Figure out your top traffic and sales-driving pages on your site, and now optimize their introductions one by one to boost user engagement and thus SEO rankings.
We also sometimes use it for product reviews and roundup posts.
You just need to:
- Fill in the title – in this case, Blue Yeti review for podcast creators,
- Add in a succinct keyword-rich description that helps it map the Mic’s features to benefits in podcasting.
- Set the proper tone of voice.
Now just copy over the Amazon product description and run content improver for a podcast blog.
Now it should write a review of the microphone as it relates to podcasting.
You can, of course, intervene in the middle and help it better present the benefits of the products as it relates to podcast recorders. In the above screenshot, I entered in – “For example” to help it map features to benefits.”
We use Jasper to generate FAQs for our blog posts.
You just need to copy over the whole blog post. If the blog post is long, you can use TLDR services like Wordtune Read or other tools to copy over just the summary.
And then supply a command to generate FAQs.
Or use patterns like -”Q:” and “A:”. Remember that GPT-3 (or in this case Jasper.ai) is excellent at pattern recognition
After writing the entire blog post, we just copy over the blog post or the blog post summary to Jasper.
Now, we supply the command – “write a conclusion/verdict/summary for the above”, and then our blog post’s “conclusion” section will be ready.
We also use it to generate:
- YouTube script hooks – the first 15 seconds of your YouTube videos can make or break your YouTube rankings.
- Ad and landing page copies – using their power mode
- Improve our email copies for conversions – using a content improver template. Helps me create multiple A/B split test variations in no time (especially with the keywords field).
- Convert YouTube script (too conversational) to a blog post – using a few shot recipes.
- Adding persuasive polish to my cold outreach emails – for sponsorship requests, collaborations, and SEO (invaluable).
- Helps me convert bullet points to a paragraph and vice versa. Speed up email creation, blog formatting, etc.
- I use the “Emojify” recipe to add emojis to my copy – when sharing on social, emails, landing pages, etc.
I’ve bookmarked many of these templates and Jasper documents to quickly access the use-cases.
Listen with all ears 👂 : We use AI tools very vigilantly in our content creation workflow. Because we believe that every piece of content we create is like an employee that drives traffic and sales to us 24/7. And should be “predictably” high quality. IT’S NOT SHOOTING IN THE DARK.
How does it compare to other tools?
As of now, no tool in the market offers features like GPT-3 commands and assures you high-quality outputs.
I’ve compared the outputs of all these tools, but Jasper delivers the best content. At atleast for copywriting and persuasiveness. I think they’ve done a good job at priming the AI with quality copies. And also, the AI outputs don’t feel like hit or miss.
If you’re interested in writing persuasive long-form content, Jasper is the best of me writing this blog post.
There are two pricing plans for writers – Starter (starts at $29/month) and Boss Mode Plan (starts at $59/month). You can, of course vary the word count slider to adjust the pricing accordingly.
With Jasper’s Starter plan, you can have Jasper write short-form copy using more than 50 skills such as headlines, descriptions, and bios. It supports 50+ templates, unlimited projects, and user logins.
Jasper’s Boss Mode plan unlocks:
- The ability to write long-form content, such as blog posts, video scripts, and books.
- You can write long-form content faster by using Jasper commands (in Boss Mode) to let artificial intelligence write precisely what you need.
- Unlocks 3,000 character lookback limit to maintain a consistent narrative thread in the copy.
- Unlocks Recipes feature takes prompt design to the next level uncovering many exciting use-cases.
The 50,000 words per month with Boss Mode (at $59 per month) may suffice if you’re a solo blogger. Or else you may need 100,000 words.
Verdict – Jasper’s Review in a Brief
Tell me, who’s it for?
Jasper (Jarvis.ai) meets the needs of a wide range of people.
Many people opt for their templates-only plan and use it to create fragments of their blog posts.
But their Starter plan comes with a limit of 25,000 on word count, so you may want to get a higher plan if you plan to hit that “Compose” button more often.
Is it worth it for you?
Jasper indeed is one of the more expensive options on the market.
However, Jasper may provide you with a process that will improve your output by 50-70% (or more in some cases) over what you could have achieved without Jasper.
Money is all about time value. Knowing your self-worth in monetary terms is crucial if you’re clueless about it.
Jasper has really reduced the time I spend creating my initial drafts.
Depending on the niche, Jasper can even speed up your writing workflow by 200% – 500% if enough content exists for it to write on.
For agencies and freelancers, Jasper.ai gives the best ROI.
Does Jasper.ai have any discounts or coupons?
No, it does come with a 7-day trial. You can use the special link in this blog post to get 5,000 credits, though.
Will Google rank my content if it’s AI-generated?
I would argue that Google will not bother deciphering AI content (it has much better things to do with its processing power). All Google cares is about whether people are spending time on your content and your content is satisfying their intent.
Has Jasper.ai ever offered a lifetime deal?
They never did offer a lifetime deal but offered a launch or early adopters’ discount. But indeed, they tapped the lifetime deal audience.
Does Jasper.ai come with an affiliate program?
They have an affiliate program where you can earn 30% recurring commissions.
What are the alternatives to Jasper.ai?
The only viable long-form alternative to it is ShortlyAI, but it’s been acquired by them.
What is Jasper Boss Mode?
In this mode, you can ask Jasper to generate content in the form of commands like you do with Google Assistant or Siri.
What technology does Jasper use?
It makes use of OpenAI’s GPT 3 algorithm. They have trained the algorithm to make it more suitable for copywriting and conversions – giving rise to Jasper!