But does the platform actually live up to its hype?
Elementor Cloud is a cloud-based solution for non-technical web creators looking to build a full-fledged website.
|Free trial||Not available|
|Elementor Cloud hosting includes||Website builder|
|Site usage||1 subscription includes only 1 site|
|Explore more||Explore Elementor Cloud|
Unlike other hosting platforms like SiteGround or Bluehost, you do not have to worry about buying a hosting plan, installing WordPress, or purchasing a separate page builder license with Elementor Cloud.
It’s an old and fragmented way of doing things.
Elementor Cloud combines the power of Google Cloud with Elementor Pro and WordPress support at a reasonable price. Hence, this cloud platform makes building, managing, and customizing your WordPress websites a breeze!
Fact: WordPress has a bad rap when it comes to backend user experience. Elementor is fixing it, one step at a time.
So, let me present my hands-on review of the platform to help you determine if it is the right option for you.
Elementor Cloud is an all-inclusive yet highly affordable website hosting solution.
This platform allows you to create, customize, and manage your WordPress website with zero coding skills. It includes everything from Google-powered hosting to page builder license, top-notch security, and premium support.
Moreover, Elementor (read review) has recently acquired Strattic to further strengthen its ability to provide an end-to-end website solution. With this, the web creators of Elementor Cloud will enjoy the benefits of static hosting on their websites.
Since this platform uses pre-rendered static pages, it will ultimately solve the speed, stability, and security issues of dynamic site space. There’s no doubt that static rendering is the future of the internet when it comes to speed and performance.
I believe Elementor Cloud will soon become the world’s predominant platform for hosting all kinds of WordPress sites, including large-scale websites.
- Elementor Cloud ensures great value for money. The subscription package costs a flat $99 per year, which includes a hosting service (Google Cloud Platform), Elementor Pro, and pre-installed WordPress. Absolute bargain!
- It offers SSL certificates to protect your customer information and ensure secure online transactions. Moreover, it comes with Cloudflare CDN Protection for high reliability and fast-loading websites.
- It offers daily automatic backups to protect your website data. Besides that, you can even perform a manual backup with a simple two-step process from your My Elementor Dashboard.
- The subscription package lets you access the Kit Library and 300+ designer-made templates. It allows you to browse through 100s of pre-made website kits and templates to kickstart your website in just a few clicks.
- It offers an excellent starting point for beginner web creators with the lightweight Hello Theme. If you want more control, you can build and manage every part of your website with its drag-and-drop editor.
- It includes Custom Domain Connection to let you connect your custom domain to your site. Moreover, every cloud plan includes a free Elementor.cloud subdomain.
- As of now, Elementor Cloud offers 100GB bandwidth and 20GB of storage, which is pretty decent for a single website unless you store huge video files right in the WordPress media library! And also, as it uses Cloudflare, bandwidth usage is not at all an issue.
- Elementor Cloud offers top-notch customer support via real-time live chat or email. It’s super fast, reliable, and tailored for WordPress! Their customer experience agents are located worldwide to ensure 24/7 availability. When I reached out to them, I was mostly connected to Israeli-based agents who were quite knowledgeable.
- Elementor Cloud does not include free domain name and email hosting services in the package. So, you’ll have to spend extra bucks on these services. Besides that, adding the domain name and email provider also adds a bit of a hassle, even for technical web creators!
- As of now, Elementor Cloud restricts you to a single website and has per-site pricing! If you want to host more than one website with Elementor Cloud, you’ll have to buy another plan and start right from scratch.
- Although Elementor Cloud supports the most popular plugins in the market, it restricts access to many WordPress plugins, including WP Migrate, JetPack, Duplicator, WP Total Cache, and so on. While they’re doing this to reduce the potential of update issues with these third-party apps, it might be a letdown for many users.
- Likewise, this cloud platform does not allow you to install additional page builders such as Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, Divi Builder, Oxygen Builder, etc. You’ll have to stick to the default Elementor Page Builder. That’s totally understandable as they can’t assist with other page builders!
- As of now, Elementor Cloud does not allow you to change your username from “admin.” You’ll need to install a third-party plugin like Easy Username Updater to update your username. But does that even matter, considering the fact that it comes with security features of Google Cloud and CloudFlare security? I don’t think so.
- Sites built with Elementor are quite bloated. The code-to-text ratio of the webpage source code is huge. But do remember that the code-to-text ratio has never been an SEO factor. But as long as you have caching and servers especially optimized for code-heavy pages, it’s not an issue. Also, Elementor going the Static rendering route with the acquisition of Strattic totally negates this concern.
Elementor Cloud is an affordable all-in-one web hosting platform. It is best suited for personal blogs, online portfolios, business brochures, and small agencies. With a powerful combination of built-in hosting (Google Cloud Platform), WordPress CMS, and premium page builder (Elementor Pro), Elementor Cloud makes hosting, building, and managing full-fledged websites a breeze.
Choose Elementor Cloud if —
➡ You’re a beginner web creator looking to build a professional website without coding.
➡ You’re hosting a single website to market your product or service online.
➡ 100GB bandwidth, 20GB storage, and 100K monthly visits would be enough for your website.
➡ You don’t require page builder support other than Elementor Pro.
➡ Limited WordPress plugins and themes would be enough for you. As I told you before, Elementor Cloud restricts you from using certain plugins.
As of now, Elementor Cloud is yet to provide any product updates. It is understandable as it has only been around five months since Elementor Cloud’s official launch.
But I believe they’re likely to release some significant updates pretty soon.
For future updates, click on the link button below.
Unlike the popular web hosting platforms such as Bluehost or SiteGround, Elementor Cloud is designed to help you host, create, and customize your website on the go!
Out of the box, this cloud platform includes a feature-packed hosting service, pre-installed WordPress, and Elementor Pro (premium website builder). Everything for only $99 per year!
The subscription includes 100GB bandwidth, SSL certificates, Cloudflare CDN Protection, Elementor’s Kits Library, and daily backup without additional charge. On top of that, Elementor Cloud offers fast and reliable real-time live chat support. Hence, you no longer have to wait for days to resolve your issues.
I think Elementor Cloud is an excellent option for personal and simple business websites. It bundles a hosting plan, premium page builder, WordPress CMS, storage, bandwidth, security, and so on — all in a single payment. So, it makes a perfect match for web creators looking for an all-in-one solution to get started with their WordPress website without coding.
Additionally, if you run a small WordPress agency, you can take advantage of the Elementor Cloud for specific clients. For instance, if your clients are mostly non-technical users looking for your premium service only to build and host their website, this platform might be a great choice.
However, the platform includes per-site pricing. So, if you’re planning to host multiple websites from a single server, Elementor Cloud may not fit your bill!
Elementor Cloud offers a neat, simple, and easy-to-use interface, even for beginners. Once you sign up for the platform, it launches a straightforward site setup wizard to get you started.
You can simply enter your site’s name and add your site’s temporary URL to get your website live straight away! Since Elementor Cloud comes with pre-installed WordPress and Elementor Pro, you don’t have to worry about the technical hassles of installing the WordPress CMS and third-party page builder on your website.
You can take advantage of the Elementor Website Kit Library to create your website and further customize your website using the Elementor Pro features.
Once you’re all set, you can access the Elementor Cloud dashboard to manage everything related to your website. The dashboard is relatively basic, but it does offer a few notable features like adding your custom domain, setting up your site menu, enabling/disabling site lock, managing your site’s backup, and so on.
Moreover, the dashboard also includes a live chat feature, allowing you to get instant support when needed. Other than that, the Elementor Cloud dashboard also includes a Menu and Activity Log section, which you wouldn’t normally get in the WordPress dashboard.
In terms of speed and performance, Elementor Cloud is decent. But, I would not consider it to be great, especially if you’re planning to use it for heavy-use websites like WooCommerce store or membership site. It is because the code-to-text ratio of the webpage source code in Elementor Cloud is massive.
I conducted a performance test of my websites hosted on Elementor Cloud and SiteGround on GTmetrix to compare their results. I’ve used fairly simple websites with the caching tools turned off for this performance test. I’ve tried to keep the page sizes consistent on both platforms to make this a fair comparison.
Here’s the result of Elementor Cloud:
Here’s the result of SiteGround:
This result clearly shows that Elementor Cloud still lacks a bit in speed and performance compared to SiteGround.
It may be partly because the Elementor Cloud does not have a built-in caching tool. So, you’ll have to rely on third-party tools like WPRocket to optimize your website performance.
But it does include a free Cloudflare CDN protection with servers and data centers distributed worldwide to boost your website loading speed.
Out of the box, Elementor Cloud does not include a free domain name. However, you can register a custom domain name and connect it to your website. This process can be a little too complicated for most beginners.
Once you purchase a custom domain, you’ll have to log into your domain provider’s system and access the DNS records area.
Now, head over to your Elementor Cloud Dashboard, click on Websites > Manage This Website > Connect My Domain.
Enter the custom domain name in the popup window, and click Let’s Begin to connect your custom domain to your Elementor Cloud.
Note: It can take up to 72 hours to connect the custom domain to your Elementor Cloud.
Elementor Cloud supports most of the popular third-party WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, All-in-One WP Migration, Rank Math SEO, LearnDash, Advanced Custom Fields, Wordfence, and Smush to add more features and functionality to the platform.
However, this cloud platform restricts access to many other WordPress plugins and page builders. It is because most third-party apps are not compatible with the Elementor Pro. Likewise, a few third-party plugins clash with the infrastructure of the Google Cloud Hosting as they may contain unpatched vulnerabilities and leak users data.
Moreover, they’ve blocked these plugins to reduce the possible update issues that come with these third-party apps.
That being said, this cloud platform supports all the third-party Elementor Add-Ons, including Essential Addons, Dynamic.ooo, ElementsKit, PowerPack, Envato Elements, and many more.
Elementor Cloud comes with a pre-installed Hello Theme to help you get started with your website. This lightweight theme can be a great starting point unless you require niche-specific features.
Besides that, Elementor Cloud comes with hundreds of designer-made website kits that fit any website niche and industry.
But, since many WordPress themes use other page builders, they may not be fully compatible with Elementor Cloud. So, make sure to check the theme’s compatibility with Elementor before buying.
Elementor Cloud provides top-notch security benefits and privacy policies to secure your WordPress website:
Free SSL Certificates: Elementor Cloud offers free SSL by Let’sEncrypt to keep customer information private with 256-bit SSL encryption.
DDoS Protection: It combines Google Cloud Platform’s DDoS protection with Cloudflare CDN protection to ensure a fast-loading website.
Automatic Backups: Elementor Cloud provides a complete automated backup service to keep your website data secure. It means each backup will contain all your site data and files to ensure the best protection. While the automatic backup takes place on a daily basis, you can also create as many manual backups as you want.
Cloudflare Firewall: With the combination of Google Cloud Platform’s firewall and Cloudflare firewall, Elementor Cloud blocks malicious traffic to your website.
Site Lock: Elementor Cloud allows you to keep your work-in-progress website private. Your users can only access your website by entering a passcode. While it does sound similar to a staging site, this process does not create a replica of your website. It just hides your website from the public and allows access to users with a passcode.
Elementor Cloud offers 24/7 premium support to all its customers via real-time chat or email. So far, in my experience, it is relatively fast, reliable, and accurate.
On top of that, their support agents are located all around the world to ensure 24/7 availability based on different time zones (most of them Israel-based). The support crew is quite technical and seems to know what they’re dealing with.
Besides that, Elementor Cloud includes import and export tools to help you migrate your existing website to Elementor Cloud in just a few simple steps. However, they do not support third-party plugins to migrate your website.
In terms of pricing, Elementor Cloud offers the best possible deal in the market. It costs a flat $99 per year for built-in hosting, pre-installed WordPress, and Elementor Pro. But, it offers per-site pricing. That means each subscription only supports one website.
So, if you’re planning to host multiple websites with Elementor Cloud, you’ll need to purchase different cloud subscriptions for each website.
The Elementor Cloud subscription offers 20GB of storage, 100GB of bandwidth, and 100,000 monthly visitors. I don’t think any hosting platform offers better value for a single website compared to Elementor Cloud.
However, Elementor Cloud may not be an affordable option if you’re planning to host multiple websites due to its per-site pricing policy.
So far, we’ve looked through several Elementor Cloud features, including its interface, speed, performance, security, plugin compatibility, and support. In this section, I’ll thoroughly compare this cloud platform with standard hosting to see where it stands.
With Elementor Cloud:
- You get a pre-installed WordPress CMS to help you get started instantly.
- You’ll get a premium page builder (Elementor Pro).
- Your website data will be automatically backed up every single day.
- You get great value for money (same pricing in every renewal).
- You can only host a single website from one subscription.
- You’ll get limited bandwidth and monthly visits.
With normal hosting:
- You get relatively faster site loading time (provided you use block editor vs. Elementor)
- You usually get a free custom domain with every subscription. But I guess you need to go with Bluehost for that 😉
- You can host multiple websites from a single server. Is shared hosting something you’re going after? Hint: Pagespeed and security suck there.
- You’ll have to buy a page builder separately from the hosting service.
- You often get unlimited bandwidth and monthly visits. But most of the time at a lower page speed.
What is Elementor Cloud?
Elementor Cloud is an all-inclusive hosting service powered by the Google Cloud Platform. It bundles additional features like Elementor Pro and pre-installed WordPress CMS to help you build, manage, and host your websites with ease.
How good is Elementor Cloud hosting?
Elementor Cloud is a great hosting platform for a single website since you can only host one website per subscription plan as of now. If you plan to host multiple websites, I recommend you opt for other hosting platforms.
Is Elementor better than Wix?
Both Elementor and Wix are all-in-one website solutions, allowing you to host, build, and manage your site from one place.
However, I’d go with Elementor Cloud because it combines the Google Cloud Platform hosting with the best CMS in the market — WordPress. Besides that, Elementor offers more advanced features and functionality compared to Wix.
Does Elementor slow down your site?
In short, the answer is NO! Although using Elementor can affect your page loading speed by a few microseconds sometimes, it does not slow down your website on a significant level.
What theme works best with Elementor?
Unless you require specific niche-based features, I recommend you stick with the default Hello Theme. It is lightweight, minimal, and optimized for speed. However, you can also install other themes built on Elementor from the WordPress repository and third-party websites to create your website.
In a nutshell, Elementor Cloud is a great option for personal websites, small agencies, and business brochure sites.
It combines the power of Google Cloud hosting and the design flexibility of Elementor Pro to help you get started.
However, Elementor Cloud is not a good fit if you’re managing a large-scale website. Its storage capacity and bandwidth are insufficient for large blogs and eCommerce websites with high traffic unless you negotiate a custom-tailored plan with them.
Likewise, this platform is not quite suitable for hosting multiple sites as it only offers per-site pricing as of now! Again, your mileage may vary!