Kajabi and ClickFunnels are important digital marketing tools available in the market. But, their intended audiences are quite different.
Kajabi aims at targeting entrepreneurs selling digital products like courses, ebooks, and memberships.
But, ClickFunnels aims at all kinds of businesses that want to sell both digital and physical products.
I will take you through the differences and similarities between these tools in this blog post. This will help you identify which is better suited for your business needs at the moment.
Let’s get started.
|A/B split testing||No||Yes|
|Support||24 * 7 chat|
|Product page||Check Kajabi||Check ClickFunnels|
- Both ClickFunnels and Kajabi offer robust email marketing capabilities. Email marketing and automation of ClickFunnels are available under its Actionetics suite of tools. Kajabi’s email marketing, including advanced automation, is available right from the basic plan.
- Both tools offer sales funnel building capabilities. Kajabi’s sales funnel building tool is titled Pipelines. ClickFunnels’ core focus itself is building awesome sales funnels for entrepreneurs.
- Affiliate marketing systems for promotions are available under Kajabi and ClickFunnels. ClickFunnels’ Backpack suite of tools provides an affiliate system for your products. Kajabi also provides a sophisticated system to keep track of your affiliates.
- Both platforms can capture payments right inside the tool. For this, they can be integrated with Paypal.
- Both ClickFunnels and Kajabi are solid platforms to host and sell memberships as well as courses. Though, ClickFunnels’ scope is much wider.
- If you are looking to sell only information products and courses then Kajabi might be a good fit. It brings together sales funnels, CRM, email marketing, and landing pages – all in one place.
- Since Kajabi’s forte is courses, it offers 10+ design themes and many customization options for the course player. Such a level of customization for courses isn’t available in ClickFunnels.
- Kajabi also offers powerful engagement and community tools for course sellers. ClickFunnels doesn’t have this under its hood.
- Kajabi is suitable for creating websites and running a blog. ClickFunnels might not be a good choice to create a full-fledged website. The latter’s core specialty is only restricted to creating sales funnels and landing pages.
- Kajabi has 24*7 helpful chat support team, ClickFunnels only provides email support and for which you’ll have to be patient for a response.
- ClickFunnels’ core tenant is making money for its users. The founder of ClickFunnels – Russell Brunson, is an online marketing legend, who built it to make the process of creating sales funnels easy. On the other hand, Kajabi’s core focus is on helping you create and sell online courses.
- The key advantage of ClickFunnels over Kajabi is, you can create better sales funnels for selling everything from courses to services to both digital and physical products.
- ClickFunnels’ page builder is an easy drag and drop builder. But what makes it better than Kajabi’s drag and drop builder is the level of customizations you can make. We will discuss later in the article how ClickFunnels’ builder stands out from Kajabi.
- ClickFunnels have built-in A/B testing for landing pages and sales funnels. The same isn’t available in Kajab’s page builder and pipelines/sales funnels.
- ClickFunnels has a WordPress plugin. This makes integrating WordPress with ClickFunnels easy. The same isn’t available in Kajabi. In fact, Kajabi has the capability to build a website on its own. But, I like the flexibility of having a CMS like WordPress to use for building websites.
- ClickFunnels’ startup plan is value for money. It helps you build 100 pages, host 20000 visitors, and create 20 sales funnels. While Kajabi’s basic plan is too expensive and meant only for hosting and selling courses.
- With ClickFunnels’ Etison Suite, you can create landing pages, sales funnels, accept orders, form fills, and payments. Not only this, but you can also use it to send advanced email automation and as an affiliate system. These features are also available in Kajabi but there are restrictions on them. Again, Kajabi’s full suite of tools is only meant for promoting courses.
Both platforms have good sales funnel capabilities. But, the thing that makes them stand out from each other are:
Having a successful sales funnel is the key to your online business. And both these platforms provide great sales funnel templates making it easy to do so.
Apart from this, both platforms provide CRM capabilities, email marketing automation, affiliate systems, and much more.
Hence, let’s take a deep dive into each of their features so that making a choice becomes easy for you.
ClickFunnels funnel builder is its best feature.
If you haven’t built an online sales funnel before, then ClickFunnels comes to your rescue. Russel Brunson has identified 22 types of online sales funnels that work.
These 22 funnels occupy the funnel blueprint templates inside ClickFunnels. These funnels fall under 3 categories depending on their goal. These goals are lead capturing, Sales page, and event funnels. You can create these funnels to sell digital and physical products as well as courses.
You can also use these funnels to sell courses, coaching, and services. These funnels come with free and paid templates too inside ClickFunnels.
So, if you don’t have a knack for designing pages then ClickFunnels sales funnel templates and page builder editor come handy.
In Kajabi, you can also create sales funnels but only for selling your courses and memberships hosted on the platform.
Sales funnels are called pipelines in Kajabi and they also come with pre-built templates for achieving different goals. This makes building sales funnels for beginners easy. You can also edit elements of your sales funnel pages right inside the sales funnel of Kajabi.
Bottomline: If you’re looking to sell more than only courses or have a limited budget then go for ClickFunnels.
ClickFunnels allows you to host courses in its memberships area.
After buying a course one can register themselves on the memberships page after which they’re taken to the memberships area where the actual course is hosted. Courses are divided into sections and lessons in ClickFunnels.
You can integrate your courses/memberships with a sales funnel right inside ClickFunnels.
A standard ClickFunnels sales funnel has 4 steps.
- First is the opt-in page where you collect emails.
- Second is the sales page where you display your course details.
- The third is the order page where one can order your course.
- Fourth is the order confirmation page where one can register after buying your course.
The opt-in page allows you to collect emails to later market your courses via email sequences. You can also have a 2 step order confirmation. This is where you first sell a cheaper priced course and then later upsell a more expensive one.
So, you can see ClickFunnels’ focus is more on generating leads for your course and selling it. Even though it does offer to host a course.
Kajabi is a bit different when it comes to course hosting. Its entire forte is content hosting and delivery. So Kajabi offers a lot of ways to host your courses, memberships, and other digital products.
Though, Kajabi also has sales funnels capability called Pipelines and email marketing automation.
Bottomline: But, if your entire business is only about selling online courses then stick to Kajabi. If you foresee yourself selling other products as well apart from courses then choose ClickFunnels. Also, ClickFunnels is a great alternative for those on a limited budget to sell online courses.
ClickFunnels’ main focus is building awesome sales and landing pages. It has a lot of available templates designed by the ClickFunnels team.
These templates are available under various sales funnel types. Some of these funnels are Product launch funnel, Video Sales Letter funnel, and more.
You can also create a landing page using ClickFunnels from scratch. ClickFunnels landing page is a drag and drop one which is easy to use.
The ClickFunnels page builder uses 4 parts to construct a page. These parts are sections, rows, columns, and elements.
Rows, columns, and elements go inside sections since they are the main part of any page.
Then, columns go inside rows and lastly, you can add elements for page interactivity. You can customize the page with all kinds of things like text, colors, mobile optimization, and more.
Kajabi’s page builder is also a visual “drag and drop” one. It helps you change the front-end of your Kajabi site.
All sections of a page are listed on the left side. You can also add more sections and customize these sections as well. There are around 40+ pre-built sections available. Some of these sections are features, pricing tables, courses list, countdown timer, etc.
Kajabi’s page builder is easy to use and fully mobile responsive.
ClickFunnels has a separate tool for automation called Actionetics.
It connects with your sales funnels to send autoresponders. You can also use Actionetics to act based on your marketing funnel steps.
Since it is an inbuilt platform, you can avoid the need for a 3rd party CRM which saves you both time and money. Actionetics is available on the Clcikfunnels’ full suite priced at $297 a month.
Kajabi also has automation built into it with its very own email automation tool. You can tag users, segment them, and send autoresponder sequences based on actions. Though, you can’t set hours or days at which the autoresponder campaigns should go out.
Email marketing is available on all Kajabi’s plans but with limitations.
Bottomline: ClickFunnels has more robust automation and email marketing capabilities with its Actionetics suite. It can help you sell both digital products like courses and physical products better.
Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels offer checkout capabilities. ClickFunnels has a shopping cart feature that makes it easy to have a faster checkout.
While creating an order form in ClickFunnels you can integrate it with various payment methods like Stripe and Paypal.
Kajabi also has an order form page that integrates with both Stripe and Paypal making it easy to collect proceeds from the sale of your courses. All in all, both the platforms have enough order form capability to collect payments right inside the tools.
Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels offer features like order bumps to upsell your customers and increase their average order value.
Both have OTOs or one-time offer capabilities to increase customer urgency for buying more of your products. You can also use these platforms to offer coupons to your customers to get initial traction or more sales to your courses in Kajabi or any product with ClickFunnels.
Bottomline: Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels have good checkout capabilities. None is a clear winner here. But, if you have a more expansive set of products to sell than online courses, then ClickFunnels is better suited.
If you want to sell your courses through affiliates, then you can do that with both Kajabi and ClickFunnels. Do note that with Kajabi you can do this only for your courses, while with ClickFunnels you can sell any kind of product.
Kajabi provides a full-fledged affiliate marketing system. You can add affiliates, provide them their own dashboard, track sales, and commissions.
For ClickFunnels, the affiliate system is available under the Actionetics suite of tools. The affiliate system is called Backpack in ClickFunnels. The backpack is equally good as an affiliate system.
Do note, with Kajabi you will only be able to create affiliates for courses. While with ClickFunnels you can do this with literally any kind of product.
At some point in your online business journey, you might need to integrate with other third-party tools. Both ClickFunnels and Kajabi are flexible in this area.
ClickFunnels has a large number of third party integrations built natively. It integrates with almost all popular email marketing solutions like MailChimp, Infusionsoft, Converts kit, and others. Kajabi also integrates with all these popular email marketing providers and more.
Both come with Zapier integration as well. This means you can possibly integrate both with 1000s of third-party tools and apps.
Bottomline: Both allow 3rd party integrations with popular 3rd party tools. And, you can even use Zapier to integrate both with 1000s of other popular apps of your choice.
Both have certain limitations on each of their paid plan tiers.
For example, ClickFunnels limits the starter plan at 20 funnels, 20k visitors a month, and 100 pages. Kajabi’s starter plan limits are 5 products, 1000 active members, 1 site, 25000 marketing emails, and 25 pipelines/sales funnels.
Also, the top tier plan of ClickFunnels has no restrictions. While Kajabi’s top tier plan still has restrictions such as 100 products, 3 websites, 100 sales funnels/pipelines, 10000 active members, and 75000 marketing emails.
Also, Kajabi’s top tier plan costs $899 a month. ClickFunnels top shelf plan is only $297 a month.
Bottomline: Honestly, if you ask me, ClickFunnels is a better choice if you don’t sell only courses.
What is Kajabi?
Kajabi is a course hosting platform that comes with a simplified system to manage everything from course creation to marketing. You can also use Kajabi to create sales funnels and email automation campaigns.
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a tool to help internet entrepreneurs build awesome sales funnels. You can use it to build landing pages, squeeze pages, opt-in pages, websites, and much more.
Since building sales funnels requires a lot of tools, ClickFunnels simplifies that process. It brings together email autoresponders, order form, shopping cart, landing pages, and hosting – all in one place.
Do these platforms offer a free trial?
Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels provide a 14 days free trial. But you have to put your credit card details. And, after the 14 days free trial ends, you’ll be automatically charged for the chosen paid plan.
Do I need a website to use ClickFunnels?
Using ClickFunnels does not require a domain, hosting, or developing a website. In fact, you can use ClickFunnels to build websites using their drag and drop builder. Though, it is better to integrate your Clickfunnel pages to a custom domain.
Do these platforms come with money-back guarantees?
Both Kajabi and ClickFunnels offer a 30 days money-back guarantee for both monthly and yearly plans. This is effective from the day you make the first payment. You will need to contact their support teams to get a refund in case you don’t like their platform.
If your focus is to create and sell engaging courses, then Kajabi should be your choice of tool.
Kajabi’s low tier plan should be enough to get you started on the online course journey.
If you’re an entrepreneur looking to sell all kinds of digital and physical products then ClickFunnels is the right choice. ClickFunnels is also more affordable than Kajabi.