Generative AI has revolutionized the content writing game.
If you’re a blogger or copywriter, you can’t afford to ignore the power of AI in boosting your creativity.
But with countless AI tools available, finding the perfect fit for your unique copywriting needs can be a real challenge.
That’s where I come in.
As someone who’s been harnessing the potential of AI in copywriting since 2020, I’ve got the inside scoop.
Let’s dive in and explore the top AI copywriting tools available right now.
Together, we’ll navigate this exciting landscape and find the perfect tool to level up your writing game.
Ready? Let’s go!
|Tool||Starting price||Access to internet data||SEO features|
|Jasper||$49/month||Limited||Yes (SurferSEO integration)|
|Frase||$35/month on top of their plans||Yes||Yes (feature-rich)|
|Copy.ai||Freemium (starting $49/month)||Yes (limited)||No|
Jasper (Formerly Jarvis)
Jasper has been one of the earliest adopters of generative AI for content and copywriting.
As an early adopter myself, I have been using this tool for the past 2 to 3 years.
Not only does Jasper offer copywriting templates, but it also provides a long form editor with custom AI commands.
Additionally, Jasper has a chat feature powered by Google search data, workflows, SEO capabilities, and effective team management functionality. This makes it the ideal tool for collaborating with other content writers and freelancers.
Compared to other tools mentioned in this blog post, Jasper stands out as the best tool for copywriting and blogging.
This is easily one of the most refined tools in the market that is fine-tuned by highly converting copywriting content to generate high quality content without much training.
Also the company is led by a proactive team that consistently rolls out excellent features, backed by strong funding.
- New Features: Jasper frequently rolls out a lot of new features to enhance its capabilities. Some recent additions include content insights, brand voice and memory capabilities,
- Dynamic AI model optimization: The tool dynamically switches from GPT-3 to GPT-4 as required. Furthermore, Jasper has partnered with Google Cloud, which gives it access to all of Google’s AI models through Google’s Vertex AI. This sets Jasper apart from other tools on this list, as it is not solely reliant on OpenAI’s GPT models.
- Jasper Chat: Jasper comes with Jasper Chat, a feature similar to ChatGPT that incorporates Google search data. This is particularly useful when writing blog posts in niches where up-to-date information may be lacking on ChatGPT.
- Workflows: Jasper provides not only fill-in-the-blank templates but also workflows for chaining together templates. These workflows are designed to help users generate content without requiring strong prompt design skills. Jasper offers various workflows for blog post creation, content rewriting, social media campaigns, email campaigns, and more.
- Jasper Art: Jasper Art allows users to create unique UI images by integrating with engines like Dally 3. This feature enables users to create high-resolution royalty-free images directly within the long-form content editor, enhancing convenience and creativity.
- SEO Features: Jasper has robust SEO features and integrates tightly with SERFER SEO. This integration helps users implement correlational SEO and benchmark their content against other top-ranking articles, making it easier to achieve higher rankings on Google.
- Limited context in document editor: When using a document editor, Jasper can only read up to 1,500 characters of context. This can be problematic for long documents as it may forget what was written earlier. Many people prefer using ChatGPT, which can retain up to 3,000 words above the current message.
- No browsing specific URLs: Jasper cannot browse specific URLs like the web browsing functionality of ChatGPT. However, if you provide precise prompts, you can enable Jasper to browse specific resources on the web.
- Pricing comparison to ChatGPT: Jasper’s pricing starts at $49/month for their Creator Plan with unlimited words, which may be expensive for some users compared to ChatGPT.
Jasper’s pricing plans start at $49 per month, which gives you access to unlimited word count and only one team member seat.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to collaborate with multiple teammates, you may need to go with the team’s plan.
Also it comes with the ability for you to create your own templates, 3 brand voices and many other useful features.
I’ve extensively experimented with Jasper over the last 2 to 3 years and if you’re interested in knowing more about my insights on Jasper do refer to this review that I’ve published.
Bottom line: If you are into copywriting and also writing blog posts for SEO purposes, Jasper is simply the best. Although it is costlier than chat repeating, if you lack prompt design skills and want a specialist AI tool that is already fine-tuned for copywriting and writing content for SEO purposes, then Jasper AI would be well worth the money.
It allows you to compare your content with top-ranking competitor content for the same topic, helping you identify content gaps and missing entities to ensure your generated content is comprehensive and factually accurate.
After achieving success with this functionality, Frase introduced AI content writing.
One unique benefit of using Frase over Jasper is that Frase generates content based on analyzing the top 20 ranking articles for a keyword, making it particularly effective for writing technical blog posts.
Also, it offers better value for money compared to Jasper, which requires you to invest again in Surfer SEO for SEO functionalities.
Recently, Frase rolled out a new functionality where you simply enter a keyword and it automatically creates an outline and AI draft generator. Within the outline, you provide instructions, and Frase instantly generates the first draft using Google search data, continuously iterating over multiple sections in your outline, similar to other one-shot article writers.
- Inbuilt correlational SEO abilities: Frase saves you money by incorporating correlational SEO capabilities, eliminating the need for dedicated tools like Surfer SEO or MarketMuse. This feature ensures that your generated content is optimized for search engine rankings.
- Affordable pricing: Frase offers more affordable pricing compared to other content writing tools in the market, with plans starting at $14.99 per month. This makes it a cost-effective choice for users.
- Effective for technical content: Frase excels in writing technical content because it leverages Google’s competitor content and focuses on generating factually accurate information. This ensures that the generated content is reliable and precise.
- Overwhelming for SEO beginners: Frase can be overwhelming for those without prior experience in SEO.
- Not affordable: To get unlimited AI content, you need to purchase the pro add-on, which costs an additional $35 per month on top of the existing plans.
Bottom line: If you are into writing SEO content in a technical niche and need powerful correlational SEO functionalities to optimize your article for comprehensiveness, Frase would be the best tool to go with. Similar to Jasper, they also have a really impressive roadmap with a good speed of implementing features.
Writesonic is a really popular tool that comes with various Writesonic is a really popular AI content generation platform that comes with various tools like:
- Al Writing Tools
- Chatsonic (ChatGPT alternative)
- Botsonic (for help and technical support)
- Photosonic (image generation)
- Audiosonic (audio/song generation)
The main focus of this blog post is AI content writing.
The platform offers over 50+ templates for copywriting and content creation.
In addition, it provides a feature-rich long-form editor.
Recently, they introduced AI article writing, known as Writer 5.0, which allows you to generate up-to-date articles based on your competitors’ content.
With this tool, you can search for competitor content before using the long form editor. It will scrape the search results and allow you to select web pages to use as references when creating your blog post.
This is a convenient option because you can provide the AI with content to fine-tune itself before generating the actual content. Once this is done, you can load up the long form editor to write the article.
R.I.P. to original ideas!
The long-form editor is intuitive, similar to other tools like Notion AI.
You simply hit the space button and ask the AI to generate content.
Once the content is generated, you can fine-tune it using various inline commands or supply custom commands.
There is also an option to select the superior mode, which utilizes GPT-4 for content creation, but it requires 6 times the credits compared to regular content generation.
In terms of pricing, the free plan offers 10,000 free words per month. If you need unlimited word count, you can opt for the Freelancer plan, which costs $16 per month and is even cheaper than ChatGPT!
Access to GPT-4 is only available with the Small Team plan!
Bottom line: If you want to use AI engines like GPT-3 and GPT-4, along with competitor content, Writesonic would be an affordable alternative to Frase. You can selectively choose the competitor content it needs to refer to when writing your article, saving you a lot of time when it comes to crafting that initial draft.
Copy AI is similar to Jasper and was one of the early adopters of AI.
It offers features such as Copywriting Templates, Chat functionality, Brand Voice, and Web Browsing capabilities.
However it provides whopping 90+ unique templates for copywriting and content generation.
On the downside, Copy AI lacks a feature-rich long-form editor.
To create content, you must first utilize its chat functionality and then add the AI-generated answers to the editor.
Also, unfortunately, Copy AI does not offer comprehensive long-form editing capabilities and lacks SEO capabilities, making it unsuitable for generating SEO blog content.
One good thing about Copy AI is that, similar to Jasper, it offers AI workflow templates, particularly in marketing and sales.
These workflows allow you to accomplish things like creating a compelling blog post, crafting Facebook ads and Google ads, generating press releases, and developing social media content in a streamlined way. This feature can be highly beneficial, especially if you lack the necessary prompt design skills to effectively use tools like ChatGPT.
Nevertheless, it is best for short form content generation.
They have a limited free plan that comes with 2000 words in chat.
But the Pro plan (at $49/mo) would be ideal for most people, as it comes with 5 seats for team collaboration and unlimited words in chat.
Bottom line: Overall, if you are focused on copywriting and need pre-made templates with Chat feature like ChatGPT that is already fine-tuned with high-converting copywriting templates, Copy AI may be a suitable choice for you. However, it is not the most optimal option for creating polished SEO blog posts.
Koala is an impressive SEO tool that offers a unique approach to blog content writing. It allows users to enter a keyword, blog post title, and initial instructions to generate an outline. Users can customize the outline and provide specific instructions for each section.
When the “Generate” button is clicked, Koala executes the instructions, gathers live Google content, and creates a final article.
Unlike other tools, Koala provides enhanced control by allowing users to fine-tune the outline and add their own insights, ensuring a personalized and hand-written article. Koala also offers a chat function, similar to ChatGPT, which incorporates real-time internet data.
In terms of pricing, Koala is affordable, with plans starting at just $9 per month.
Users can generate up to 15,000 words with the entry-level plan.
It also offers bulk writing functionality, making it suitable for programmatic SEO and bulk content creation.
However, it’s important to note that when using the GPT-4 engine, Koala uses 4 times the credits, which can catch users off guard.
Consider upgrading to higher plans for programmatic SEO. The $2,000 per month plan allows you to generate 10 million words monthly.
Overall, Koala is an exceptionally powerful tool for blog content writing. It empowers users with complete control over the writing process, custom commands, and real-time internet data.
Reword is an AI content writing tool similar to Jasper, specifically designed for writing long-form articles. It features a long-form content editor that allows you to write in your own tone of voice.
One notable advantage of Reword is its integration with Google Search Console, which allows it to train its model using your own published articles.
This means that as you publish more content, Reword becomes more intelligent.
However, it is important to ensure that the existing content on your blog is kept up to date. One unique feature of Reword it automatically adds citations to the facts or claims made in your articles.
The editor is fairly intuitive and minimal with some commonly used AI functions on top. And also they have a sidebar that lets you ask any questions (related to the content), which is especially helpful in brainstorming.
And yeah, if you are in a team setup, you have team collaboration functionalities as well.
However, it does not have many built-in SEO features.
In terms of pricing, the Grow plan is priced at $38 per month and allows you to create or optimize up to 40 articles monthly.
Additional drafts can be created at an extra cost of 50 cents per month each.
On the other hand, the Pro plan offers unlimited projects and the ability to create 100 new drafts every month.
Bottom line: The main advantages of Reword are the ability to train your own AI model using your own articles, the inclusion of automatic citations, . If these two features are not of that much importance for you, then it may not be the right choice.
Rytr is one of the most budget-friendly AI writing software options available in the market. It is lightweight and offers limited features, but it can be quite powerful depending on your workflows.
Similar to Jasper, Rytr has a long-form editor where you can select your specific use case, tone of voice, and set a primary keyword. Additionally, in the document editor, you can generate content using inline commands.
The major disadvantage is that when you select more than around 500 characters, some really important AI functions like improve, rephrase, and even shorten functionalities will be disabled, rendering these features almost useless.
Also, it does come with chat functionality, allowing you to converse with the AI. Please note that it does not have internet access or provide real-time results.
Additionally, it also has an AI image generation feature, but depending on your plan, there may be a limit to the number of images you can generate per month, which may not be ideal for fine-tuning image designs.
Rytr is an affordable tool, starting at $9 per month for their paid plans, which allow you to generate up to 50,000 characters per month.
If you need to generate unlimited characters per month, you can opt for the $29 per month plan.
Please note that the character limit is unlimited at 100,000 characters, not 50,000 words. Many users find the $29 per month plan to be the best option.
In conclusion, the best option for most people would be Jasper. It offers various pre-made templates and a feature-rich long-form system that allows you to generate high-quality outputs using custom prompts.
An ideal alternative to Jasper would be Frase. It incorporates inbuilt SEO functionality, eliminating the need for additional tools like Surfer SEO, and is particularly suitable for writing technical articles based on competitor content.
If Jasper and Frase are not affordable options, Writesonic could be a good choice. It allows you to pre-train the AI with relevant competitor content to generate factual content.