Are you looking for some good alternatives to SurferSEO?
Then this blog post will be beneficial for you.
SurferSEO is quickly gaining buzz as one of the most effective tools out there for on-page SEO.
It helps you effectively identify the commonalities among the top-ranking pages on Google for a keyword, and lets you optimize your own article accordingly.
But the main downside is that for beginners, SurferSEO seems to be a bit on the expensive side at $59/month especially when starting out.
|#||Product||Free or Paid||Starting price||Explore|
|2||Page optimizer pro||Paid||$39/mo||Explore now|
|3||Website auditor||Paid||$124/year||Explore now|
|4||Ultimate keyword hunter||Free||$0/mo||Explore now|
SurferSEO comes with these five tools:
- SERP Analyzer: This tool helps you analyze the similarities of your competitors’ top-ranking content in Google search. It lets you know the ideal word content, common recurring phrases in their content, common backlinks, etc.
- Content Editor: If you choose to compose your content in their editor, their editor will check your article in real-time how well you are optimizing your article compared to your competitors.
- Keyword Research: This helps you know the LSI keywords, and also phrases you need to get when it comes to a specific keyword.
- SEO Audit: This tool audits your webpage, and compares it with other top rankings’ similar content and gives you suggestions.
- Keyword Surfer: This is a free tool and is a good free alternative to KeywordsEverywhere. It displays the keyword volume and other metrics right on Google search.
The tools that I’m gonna review here, should have these functionalities for them to be perfect SurferSEO alternatives.
SimilarContent is one of the newest tools when it comes to on-page SEO processes.
The greatest benefit of this tool is its price. Their starter plan starts at as low as $9.99/month and when paid annually it’ll be $99/year.
But what about the features?
This tool comes with features like:
- TF-IDF tool
- Topical difficulty analysis
- Content optimizer
- Article rewriting
- Much more
The tool I use the most is the keyword TF-IDF tool.
The topical difficulty is quite reliable. But other metrics like volume, CPC, and clicks are not so accurate as per my experience.
It analyzes all the competitor top-ranking content for a keyword and helps you determine what keywords they’ve optimized the content.
SimilarContent also comes with a content optimizer tool.
In this tool, you can just copy and paste your content, and SimilarContent will analyze the content and lets you know the phrases you’re missing when it comes to optimizing your content for TF/IDF.
This tool is still in the development phase, and you can expect many more features in the coming months.
When it comes to pricing, unless you’re running a content marketing or SEO agency, the Starter or Business plans will be enough for you.
- SimilarContent supports 81 languages, but SurferSEO only supports English
- It displays the TF/IDF score for each word
- It displays the keyword difficulty score similar to Ahrefs based on the backlinks pointing to the competitor sites.
- It is a much cheaper alternative to SurferSEO
- A new tool with plenty of features in development
- It does not come with word count correlational graph that you find with SurferSEO
Overall, SimilarContent is a good affordable tool to get a TF/IDF advantage for ranking your articles.
Page Optimizer Pro (POP) is a fairly popular SEO tool by Kyle Roof. He is a popular SEO expert.
He created this tool using the Scientific On-Page Method that he used to rank his sites on top of Google.
Similar to SurferSEO, the reports generated by POP are also really easy to use and understand.
Unlike SurferSEO or Cora, POP doesn’t display any backlink data. Because it doesn’t integrate with Majestic API or Ahrefs API like that of Cora.
It only analyzes and recommends you the on-page SEO things which you need to implement.
POP comes at a really affordable price, as it doesn’t display any SEO data.
- Comes at a really affordable price
- It analyzes over 29 ranking factors
- Really simple to use software
- Doesn’t include any backlink correlational data
POP is a great tool that comes at an affordable price and if you don’t want backlink correlational data it’s a great tool.
Website Auditor is a part of the SEO Powersuite package.
According to my experience, it is one of the most advanced website auditing tools in the market.
This tool is a freemium tool. In the paid version of their tool, they have TF/IDF feature.
It lets you analyze your webpage against other top 10 ranking competitors and suggest other keywords and phrases that you need to consider optimizing for.
Here it’ll give you the recommendations either to add, remove, or not to make any changes to your content.
It also comes with its own content editor to make the changes in realtime and then upload the content to your server.
As I told you, the Website Auditor comes as part of the apps available in the SEO Powersuite package.
Or else, you can also buy the Website Auditor app individually.
For most people, the professional plan seems pretty good.
- Comes at a really affordable price compared to SurferSEO
- It comes with a lot of features than SurferSEO as it’s a dedicated website auditor
- It’s available on almost all platforms like Mac, Windows, and also Linux.
- It’s not a cloud application. So the speed with which it operates depends upon your machine
Website Auditor is a great tool that you can consider using as an alternative to SurferSEO. It comes with a lot of features, especially when it comes to auditing your website.
It is a totally free software for Windows computers. You can even use it on your Mac machines making use of Parallels.
This tool is a really simple tool. Whenever you enter any keyword, it scrapes the top results for that keyword and reports you the recurring words and phrases in the content of your competitors.
The key phrases are also organized as a single word, 2 words, 3 words, and 4 words.
Analyzing 2+ words phrases will be very handy to determine the content they’ve covered around the occurrence of those keywords.
On analyzing the reports it returns, you need to create your content outlines for maximum SEO advantage and relevancy.
Unlike SurferSEO, POP, or Website Auditor, you can’t enter your webpage URL and let it analyze.
- It’s a completely free tool
- It supports analyzing up to 50+ results
- It also supports different search engines and their various locales
- It’s a lightweight software with no need for VPNs
- This software is not available for Mac. Softwares like CrossOver and WINE also don't support it.
- It doesn’t allow you to analyze your own URL and suggest keywords. It is only helpful in the content outlining phase, but not much in the optimization or auditing phase.
Ultimate Keyword Hunter is a really good free tool you can use to see what are the recurring phrases of your competitors. Although it doesn’t come with extra features like URL editing, backlinks analysis, word count correlation, etc. it is a great tool to use.
Cora is one of the most feature-rich alternatives to SurferSEO.
It analyzes the results from the top 100 pages of Google for 2040 different on-page and off-page factors.
It also integrates with Ahrefs API for displaying you the backlink data of the sites which it analyzes.
Cora SEO interface is quite classic.
When you are first using the software, you need to do the initial configuration and do some research before getting hold of the software. Considering this, the learning curve can be quite difficult for the first time.
Unlike SurferSEO and any other tool in this list, Cora is desktop software. You need to install it on your machine.
Cora costs you $250 per month. It only has one plan. As it is a desktop software, you get access to unlimited lookups and optimizations.
- Cora looks at 500+ factors when analyzing your competitors for recommendations
- It integrates with Ahrefs API for backlinks data
- It comes at an affordable price than that of SurferSEO
- It is desktop software and is quite slow
- UI is quite difficult especially when you are a beginner
Cora is a great tool with a lot of features compared to most of the tools I’ve reviewed. It also includes backlinks data.
Finally, I would say that you can make use of SimilarContent or Page Optimizer Pro if you are looking for an affordable alternative to SurferSEO.
You can even make use of Ultimate Keyword Hunter if you only want to analyze the keyword/phrase frequencies of other top-ranking results.
As TF/IDF is relatively a new concept and gaining buzz recently, you can expect more and more tools similar to SurferSEO to appear in the market.
I hope you guys found this post on SurferSEO alternatives helpful.