Are you guys looking for the best alternatives to SiteGround?
Today in this blog post, I am going to review the top SiteGround alternatives.
SiteGround is a popular web hosting service that is home to about 2 million domains.
It offers plenty of useful features and benefits. But there are a few drawbacks too, which make users look for alternatives. We’ll analyze the disadvantages in the next section.
Without waiting further let’s get started with the review.
|#||Products||Free trial||Starting price||Explore|
|4||WPX Hosting||No||$20.83/mo||Explore WPX Hosting|
|7||A2 Hosting||No||$2.99/mo||Explore A2 Hosting|
Unfortunately, SiteGround is pulled back by a few cons which are:
- Limited disk space in all their shared hosting plans which makes it not suitable for sites with plenty of videos and images.
- Focus on agencies and developers. A lot of SiteGround features do not have much use or appeal for general users. For instance, their top plan offers Git integration and a Joomla/WordPress staging area which may not be used by an average user to create a website.
- SiteGround does not offer any marketing bonuses which is a con compared to other hosting services.
- Its website builder software is not free to use.
Cloudways is a managed cloud server service that allows you to select the cloud provider. Then, Cloudways links its platform to it making everything easy to manage.
The main features and benefits of this service are fast servers, simple-to-use control panel, 1-click staging for WordPress, and free SSL certificates.
Cloudways offers faster servers than SiteGround and does not impose any CPU limits unlike the latter.
I advise you to use SiteGround for 3 years to take advantage of its promotional price and then move to Cloudways as your traffic increases.
However, users rate SiteGround’s support as better because their agents assist you beyond their hosting, whereas Cloudways generally helps with aspects related to their hosting services.
Cloudways provides managed hosting plans for DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and Google Cloud. Monthly and hourly pricing plans are offered.
Cloudways offers a free trial on its website.
Cloudways and SiteGround have different pricing structures.
Cloudways presents pay-as-you-go monthly pricing with no annual contract.
You can include more storage, CPU, and RAM in your chosen plan for an extra cost. Its cheapest plan, DigitalOcean, begins at $10/month.
SiteGround plans range from $3.95 to $14.95/month (initial promo price) while for renewal you need to pay from $11.95 to $34.95/month.
- Useful free trial
- No limits
- Pay-as-you-go pricing
- Simple-to-install apps and content management systems
- Free automatic updates
- Free site migration
- No cPanel
- Using cloudways needs some expertise
- No domain registrations or email accounts
Bottomline: If you don’t want to spend time handling the technical aspects of your site hosting, avoid Cloudways. Go for it if you want outstanding performance at an affordable price.
KnownHost offers a slew of benefits like 99.99% uptime, scalable hosting, instant free setup, and DDoS protection.
Compared to SiteGround, KnownHost offers differentiating features like a firewall, malware protection, unmetered monthly visitors (SiteGround imposes limitations), and phone support.
However, SiteGround offers a website builder which KnownHost doesn't.
KnownHost presents three shared hosting plans. The prices given below are for three-year plans.
- Basic Shared Hosting – $3.47/month
- Standard Shared Hosting – $6.47/month
- Professional Shared Hosting – $9.97/month
There is no mention of a free trial on the KnownHost website.
KnownHost prices are almost the same as SiteGround’s promo rates but the former offers differentiating benefits like SSD backing for improved storage, support for multiple languages, and free migrations.
- Average 99.99+% network uptime
- Free site migration and SSL certificates
- Isolated resources (for improved website performance)
- Round the clock monitoring
- 24/7 support from U.S.-based team
- Lack of free domain name
- No servers in Asia
- No phone tech support
Bottomline: Opt for KnownHost if you want high-performance Linux and managed VPS hosting.
Inmotion Hosting presents key benefits like SSD storage space, unmetered data transfer, and a free domain with all plans.
It also provides a 1-click installer for over 400 apps and unlimited email accounts. It offers support for widely used languages like PHP, Ruby, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
Compared to SiteGround, Inmotion offers differentiating features such as unlimited disk space and free domain.
Plus, Inmotion provides a 90-days money-back guarantee compared to SiteGround’s 30 days.
Inmotion offers 3 shared hosting plans:
- Launch – $6.39/month
- Power – $8.49/month
- Pro – $14.71/month
It does not offer a free trial.
There is not much to choose between the prices of Inmotion and SiteGround but the former offers extra features like a security suite, marketing tools and unlimited email.
- Excellent stability, speed, and performance
- Reliable U.S. based customer support
- Easy-to-use site builder
- Free website backups
- Free site migration
- Annual contracts
- Limit on the number of websites (in the cheaper plans)
Bottomline: Inmotion’s excellent scalability makes it ideal for larger websites. Plus it uses green servers so it’s perfect for environment-conscious businesses.
WPX Hosting offers outstanding features such as its speedy Content Delivery Network (CDN) that ensures websites load quickly.
It also presents strong security functionalities like DDoS protection, application firewalls, and spam protection.
Another plus point is WPX’s friendly and fast live support.
WPX Hosting presents free manual migration for all your websites. In contrast, SiteGround provides migration for only 1 site on its GrowBig and GoGeek packages.
WPX offers its own control panel while SiteGround presents the standard cPanel for account management.
SiteGround offers phone support in addition to email and chat, while WPX uses only email and chat channels for support.
WPX Hosting presents three plans:
- Business – $20.83/month (yearly) or $24.99 monthly
- Professional – $41.58/month (yearly) or $49.99 monthly
- Elite – $83.25/month (yearly) or $99 monthly
It doesn’t offer a free trial.
WPX is much more expensive than SiteGround but it offers extra features such as a firewall, malware protection, and unlimited monthly visitors. However, SiteGround provides a site builder that WPX doesn't.
- Can manage huge traffic volumes at the same speed
- Malware scanning and removal
- Offers support for emails
- Unlimited free SSL certificates
- Free website migrations
- Top-notch customer support
- Lack of phone support (but fast email and live chat support)
- Control panel interface is simple to use but lacks some of the features of cPanel
Bottomline: Ideal for monetized and large websites. Great for newbies as they can depend on WPX’s exceptional technical support and guidance.
Kinsta offers managed WordPress hosting that is designed on the Google Cloud Platform. It utilizes infrastructure built for scalable yet stable WordPress hosting.
Standout Kinsta benefits are multisite hosting, site cloning tools, and website analytics. Other key features are multiuser environment, manual and automatic backups, and SSL certificate.
Compared to SiteGround, Kinsta offers extra functionalities like malware protection and firewall.
But in this comparison, SiteGround scores over Kinsta with multiple differentiating features such as website builder, unlimited email accounts, Cloudflare integration (for improved security and performance), and unlimited bandwidth.
Kinsta offers 10 plans:
- Starter – $30/month
- Pro – $60/month
- Business 1 – $100/month
- Business 2 – $200/month
- Business 3 – $300/month
- Business 4 – $400/month
- Enterprise 1 – $600/month
- Enterprise 2 – $900/month
- Enterprise 3 – $1,200/month
- Enterprise 4 – $1,500/month
Higher plans are available for enterprise and agency clients. You can get 2 months free on yearly subscriptions.
Kinsta doesn’t offer a free trial.
Kinsta’s pricing packages are more expensive than SiteGround but the former offers extra features.
These include unlimited free basic migrations from other hosting platforms, choice of the data center, advanced features built for speed and robust administration
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- Superfast page loads
- Cloud-based infrastructure designed for speed
- Optimized for e-commerce
- Can easily handle traffic spikes
- Easy setup and migration
- Lack of email hosting
- Steep prices
- No phone support
Bottomline: Go for Kinsta if budget isn’t a constraint for you and you are anticipating an increase in traffic. The higher prices are worth it as Kinsta allows you to efficiently secure and scale your website.
FastComet is perfect for platforms like WordPress, Joomla, WooCommerce, and others.
It offers standout features like free daily backups and a free domain name forever. It also provides 45-day refunds and fixed renewal rates.
Compared to SiteGround, FastComet offers different features such as a free domain, virus protection, firewall, and 45-days money-back guarantee (SiteGround offers 30-days refunds).
However, SiteGround is better in one aspect which is bandwidth: It offers unlimited bandwidth while FastComet provides only limited bandwidth with set quota.
FastComet offers three shared hosting plans:
- FastCloud – $2.95/month
- FastCloud Plus – $4.45/month
- FastCloud Extra – $5.95/month
It does not provide a free trial.
FastComet’s plans are a little bit cheaper than SiteGround and it also offers extra features such as free website transfer, free domain transfer, 1-click restore manager, and unlimited add-on domains.
- Several global data centers
- Good uptime
- Built-in firewall, brute-force protection and free malware scan
- Free Cloudflare CDN for improved security
- 1-click auto-installer for WordPress
- SSD hosting (FastComet claims websites load 300% faster)
- Can’t host additional websites on the basic package
- Can’t host additional websites on the basic package
Bottomline: FastComet is suitable for users with a limited budget who want an excellent feature set at the same time.
A2 Hosting stands out for exceptional benefits such as affordable Linux and Windows hosting, unmetered web space and bandwidth and free website migration.
It also uses superfast turbo servers to deliver speeds that it claims are 20x faster than the competition. In addition, it offers reliable technical assistance 24/7.
In comparison with SiteGround, A2 Hosting offers better features like unlimited monthly visitors (SiteGround limits to 10,000 to 100,000 visitors depending on the plan and unmetered storage memory (SiteGround offers 10 GB to 40 GB depending on the package).
In addition, A2 Hosting presents a 99.9% uptime guarantee, while SiteGround does not provide any uptime guarantee for its shared hosting plans.
A2 Hosting offers 4 shared hosting plans:
- Startup – $2.99/month
- Drive – $4.99/month
- Turbo Boost – $9.99
- Turbo Max – $14.99
It does not offer a free trial.
A2 Hosting renewals are cheaper compared to SiteGround. In addition, it provides an anytime money-back guarantee, while SiteGround only offers a 30-days refund guarantee.
A2 also Hosting presents extra features such as A2 optimized site accelerator for improved speed, free Patchman enhanced security tool and multilingual support.
- Excellent speed and uptime
- Reliable backups
- Server locations in the U.S, Asia and Europe
- Windows-based hosting
- Unmetered bandwidth and storage
- Extra charge for on-demand backups
- No PCI compliance (not suitable for e-commerce platforms)
Bottomline: A2 Hosting is perfect for those seeking an affordable yet reliable and solid hosting service.
In summary, let’s take a look at all the SiteGround alternatives and understand which platform is suitable for which user category:
- Cloudways – Not ideal for lay users as you need some technical knowledge to use Cloudways. Opt for it if you want exceptional performance at an affordable cost.
- KnownHost – Go for this platform if you want high-performance Linux and managed VPS hosting.
- Inmotion – Excellent scalability makes it perfect for larger websites. Fitting platform for environment-conscious users as it utilizes green servers.
- WPX Hosting – Suitable for monetized and big websites. Great for lay users as they can depend on WPX’s excellent technical support and guidance.
- Kinsta – Ideal for users without any budget constraints. If you are expecting an increase in traffic go for Kinsta as it allows you to efficiently scale and secure your website.
- FastComet – Fit for users with a limited budget who want an excellent feature set at the same time.
- A2 Hosting – Perfect for users looking for a cheap yet reliable and solid hosting service.
If SiteGround doesn’t offer what you expect, look for suitable alternatives.
Each platform has its own pros and cons so do thorough research and choose the service that fits your requirements most closely.