Do you remember when bullet journaling took over the internet in the mid-2010s? I certainly do!
I remember buying new, cute journals and customizing each page to my liking. I was probably just following a trend, but it has helped me tremendously in keeping up with my daily routine, building good habits consistently, and with my personal growth to this day.
Digital journaling has become more accessible and customizable than ever before, making it easier to identify patterns and make positive changes in your life. By tracking your mood, thoughts, experiences, to-do’s, wish lists, books you’ve read, movies you’ve watched, and more, you can gain valuable insights into your habits and into your life to make improvements in your personal growth.
Notion is a great tool for digital journaling, allowing you to easily search your entries, use the roll-up feature for weekly and monthly reviews, and access your journal from anywhere.
How I curated and ranked these templates?
With so many Notion templates out there, I’ve curated the best journaling templates so you don’t have to go look anywhere else.
- I picked few of these templates based on my personal use and experience.
- Templates by well-known Notion creators like Marie Poulin, Easlo, Frances Odera Matthews, etc.
- Ranked based on their unique features, number of downloads, and upvotes on Reddit.
So why not start your own digital journal today?
Choose a template that fits your unique needs and start your journaling journey!
I’ve also included some unique templates like a relationship journal, a dream journal, and others apart from the popular journaling methods.
1. Life Journal Notion Template (Free)
If you’re new to journaling but have long-term goals you want to achieve, this one is for you! Give your daily journaling practice a deeper sense with “Life Journal”.
- 1 Free, all-in-one Notion journaling & goal-setting system
- Template walkthrough & explanation with tips on goal-setting and how to break down your goals into actionable steps
- 5 pre-made databases: Days, Weeks, Months, Quarters, Years)
- Built-in daily metric tracking to help review your progress
- Journaling templates with prompts to encourage deeper journaling and reviewing
2. Dream Journal Notion Template (Free)
Journaling your dreams or simply keeping track of them can reveal some pretty interesting things about you. You can also process your emotions, fears, and overcome any negative feelings that are subconsciously bothering you. With this unique template, you can log all your dreams, track your emotional state, and remember your favourite dreams. Who knows what you might discover?
- Describe the details of your dream
- Write your interpretation
- Log who was in your dream
- Upload a sketch of your dream
3. Stoic Life Journal 2.0 (Paid)
If you’re into stoicism and love to keep everything minimal but also gain deeper insights about your life, this template is the right one for you. It also ended up being the #1 Product of the day on ProductHunt. I love how the author of this template segregated prompts based on each Stoic philosopher.
- Complete Journaling Dashboard
- Personal phrase collection system
- Unlimited amounts of journal entries
- Easy sorting and storage
- Weekly review journal
- 18+ total stoic teachers
- 54+ total stoic quotes
- 270+ total writing prompts
- 1350+ total journaling questions
4. The 2-Minute Journaling Template (Free)
It can’t get any simpler than this! Do you believe you can change your life by journaling for only 2 minutes a day? No? Maybe, you should give this a try and see how it can do wonders for you!
- Reaffirm your priorities using Warren Buffet’s 5/25 rule
- Plan the day’s most crucial tasks based on your priorities
- Tighten your focus + avoid distractions
- Express gratitude for daily life’s ignored positives
5. Notion Bullet Journal (Paid)
Do you know how satisfying it is to zoom out and see your life in weeks, months, and years? This all-in-one Notion Bullet Journal comes with daily, monthly, and yearly dashboards so you can review your life at one glance. I love the fact that you can use this as a daily journal + keep track of your to-do’s.
- Moods Database
- Notebooks Database
- People Database
- Goals Database
- Bullet Journal Dashboard
- Daily Dashboard
- Monthly Dashboard
- Yearly Dashboard
6. Notion Daily Reflection Journal (Free)
The motto of this Reflection Journal is “reflect daily to grow daily”. With this simple template with prompts, the goal is to reflect and introspect at the end of the day so you can gather the important bits of your day that moved the needle.
- Simple, one-page template
- A morning check-in with prompts to align your focus for the day
- An evening check-in with prompts to reflect on important parts of your day
7. Reflection Journals (Free)
With daily, weekly, and monthly prompts, this template makes it easy to reflect on how your life has been progressing. With its minimalistic design, it’s easy for you to keep up with the practice of daily journaling.
- Daily Review template
- Weekly Review template
- Monthly Review Template
- Track your wins, challenges, and mood
Other templates for daily journaling
- 2023 Notion Gratitude Journal (Score: 9/10): This is probably one of the most downloaded and aesthetic templates I’ve come across. Create your own memory box and reminisce them, insightful automated mood summaries, automated “dear future me” letter, and you can do much more with this beautiful template.
- Time OS (Score: 9/10): A collection of time period databases to plan, review, reflect, and track everything inside your digital workspace. One of its unique features is 30-day challenges and I love that I can try fun challenges while also journaling.
- Relationship Journal Notion Template (Score: 8/10): Looking to develop a strong relationship with your partner? Another unique template to bring mindfulness and intention to your relationship. Create your own photo albums, keep each other accountable, and reach milestones together with this notion template.
- Goals, Practices + Journal Template (Score: 8.5/10): This journaling template by Marie Poulin helps you identify your goals and the practices to help you achieve them. More often than not, it’s the “systems and practices” that you create for yourself rather than just “goals”.
- ADHD Life Planner (Score: 8/10): If you live with ADHD and find it difficult to manage your life, this Notion template comes to your rescue. Organize your life, capture your thoughts and ideas, and live your best life with this planner.
- Decision journal (Score: 7.5/10): Decision is making is hard, no doubt. But, it can be made easy with few smart prompts and reflective questions. This unique journal helps you weigh pros and cons of making a decision, conduct an emotion audit about your choices, and answer key questions. You can also review the decision you’ve made and the impact it had on your life.
- 100 Days of Code Journal (Score: 7.5/10): Are you a web developer doing your very first #100DaysOfCode challenge? This one is for you! Record and track your challenge progress with this notion template.
- Personal Corner (Score: 7/10): Simple, aesthetic journal if you want to make your digital personal corner look pretty! It comes with a diary, prompts for personal journal, and a learning space.
In conclusion, these Notion journaling templates offer a range of unique features and benefits for all types of journaling needs. Whether you’re looking to track your goals, reflect on your day, strengthen your relationships, or explore your dreams, there’s a template out there for you. So why not pick one and start your digital journaling journey today?
With customizable blocks and easy accessibility, Notion makes it simpler than ever to improve your personal growth and create positive change in your life through digital journaling.