So you have decided to take the plunge into using some of the best SERP tracking tools for tracking your rankings on SERPs, but do not know what you should look for.
Today, in this post, we’ll be reviewing the 10 best SERP monitoring tools that you can use to keep track of your rankings on search engines.
Let’s cut to the chase.
Top 10 SERP tracking tools reviewed
AccuRanker tops my list for the best online SERP trackers because it has the best user interface and data accuracy at its peak.
One feature I really liked about AccuRanker is its integration with Google Analytics and Search Console.
Once you integrate your site with Google Analytics, for example, you’ll be able to see the “pageviews” metric right in the report as a column as you can see in the screenshot.
Having the webpage rankings and also “visitors” metrics side-by-side helps you easily figure out the traffic loss or gain happening because of the ranking fluctuations and enables you to make necessary tweaks in your content.
When you’ll be analyzing the historical data of a keyword, the Google Analytics traffic data mapped to your rankings can be really valuable.
Another noteworthy feature is the historic competitor ranking comparison. I love how the AccuRanker also keeps a log of ranking changes of your competitors too when you are tracking any keyword.
When you enter any keyword under “competitor ranks”, you can analyze the graphs of competitor rankings for a keyword plotted on top of each other.
This is really helpful for you if the upgradation of old content or the SEO really helped you outrank the competitors.
Along with this, one great feature that I liked is filters and segment creation.
For your reports, there are various types of conditional filters you can set and later set them as segments. Saving the filters as segments is really a timesaving way to keep track of the changes in your rankings and act accordingly.
For example, you can set filters like this so it’ll be very easy for you to keep track of the rankings you’re losing.
Added to these, you can also let AccuRanker notify you when it notices any significant changes for the “starred” keywords.
It notifies you when any of the below things happen to the starred keywords.
- Rank changes for starred keywords
- Change or movement on highly ranked keywords
- A keyword that was previously unranked becomes ranked
- If a keyword that was previously ranked becomes unranked
- AccuRanker allows you to track the keyword rankings for both mobile and desktop devices. Simply choose a mobile, desktop, or both when specifying the keywords you want to track.
- With the local and global features, AccuRanker allows you to track the SERP positions with multiple countries and locations.
- Unlike Ahrefs, which sends you an update after 7 days, AccuRanker supplies you with daily data so you’ll always know where you stand with daily rank checking.
- It provides you with 50+ SERP features to track and analyze specific metrics. You can filter and track keyword lists with Featured snippets, related questions, site links, knowledge panels, videos, etc.
- AccuRanker lets you track SERP rankings for Baidu, Google, Bing, Yandex, and YouTube search engines.
- You can directly import data from other SEO tools and CSV files.
- Marketing is not a one-man job and so you can add multiple users with no hassle.
AccuRanker has a transparent pricing plan. The prices have been categorized into monthly plans. You’ll be given a 10% discount if you pay one year in advance.
Again, you can ensure if AccuRanker is best for you with a 14-days free trial/demonstration with one of their customer success managers. Even more, you can upgrade/downgrade/cancel your plan anytime for free.
AccuRanker pricing is based on how many keywords you want to track. It has two plans. The monthly billing plan costs $109 per month for 1000 keywords, while yearly billing will cost you $99 per month for 1000 keywords.
It doesn’t matter which billing cycle you settle on, all AccuRanker features will be available in each.
- It has an intuitive user interface, making it a pleasure to use.
- It allows you to add unlimited domains under one account.
- In just a few clicks, you can add unlimited users/clients/team members.
- AccuRanker allows for tagging which means that you can measure the effectiveness of your SEO strategy.
- Another thing I liked about AccuRanker is the fact that I don’t have to worry about my historical data. I can easily review all changes in the SERP rankings.
- AccuRanker doesn’t offer plans with less than 1K keywords – this makes them somehow expensive.
- You can track only 10 competitors using AccuRanker.
- It is not an all in one solution to cater to all your SEO needs.
Who is it for? AccuRanker is ideal for startups, agencies, SEO professionals, or brands who need in-depth analysis and target precise data sets to outrank their competitors.
ProRankTracker is another dedicated search engine position tracker developed to serve both standard & medium-sized enterprises, and even individuals like you to analyze and get a clear picture of your rankings.
Something I like about ProRankTracker is that it provides you with the best reporting options to analyze your success and report to your clients.
This is done through:
Comparison reports: helps you compare rankings of URLs you’re tracking of search engines either by location or by the device.
This feature will allow you to analyze multiple URLs side-by-side, giving you real-time insights about how they’re doing.
You’ll see the importance of this feature if you have several websites and you want to do an analysis of the progress of your marketing strategy on all sites.
Progress reports: these reports allow you to view and analyze your progress or performance in rankings over a span of months, weeks, or days.
API access is another mouthwatering feature I liked about ProRankTracker.
This can be helpful when you want to seamlessly integrate your marketing and tracking system into exclusive apps like Dropbox and Google Drive for more in-depth custom abilities.
Local and mobile tracking is an essential feature of any SERP tracking tool this decade.
This will give you access to immeasurable analytical statistics from local and mobile-optimized web pages. This information is important for small business owners who want to have an overview of how they’re performing online compared to competitors in their local industry.
- ProRankTracker has the highest accurate algorithm for the most accurate and up-to-date SERP ranking stats.
- It provides tracking of SERP positions for major search engines like Bing, Yahoo, Google, and YouTube.
- Has a competitor comparison feature that allows you to analyze your competitors’ performance.
- You’ll be happy to use the eCommerce site tracking feature to track Amazon products.
- Unlike SEMrush which charges an extra fee for additional users, ProRankTracker allows you to add multiple users to your account for free.
- It has a tracking engine for monitoring both Desktop and Mobile devices.
- In addition, you can customize the reports with the help of templates. Also, you can use the white label functionality on reports.
- It provides for both local, international, and global SERP tracking.
ProRankTracker is a premium tool, but when it comes to pricing, it is the real deal. It has a basic plan starting at $25 per month.
You get a 7-days free trial: no credit card needed during sign up. Also, you get a 10% discount for an annual subscription.
ProRankTracker has 5 pricing plans as below:
Basic ($25 per month): With the basic plan, you’ll be given 200 search terms with unlimited URLs. However, you can only do a site audit for one website on 20000 pages.
Starter ($49 per month): Subscribing to this plan means that you get 500 terms, unlimited URLs, 10 site-audit sites, and 200000 site-audit pages.
Standard ($89 per month): In this plan, you’re guaranteed access to 1000 terms and unlimited URLs. 20 site-audit sites and 500000 site-audit pages.
Additionally, you’ll have 2 chances to create 2 sub-accounts with different access permissions and also receive updates when you demand.
Advanced ($129 per month): The Advanced plan has all the features available in the standard plan.
The only difference is that you’ll be given 2000 terms, 40 site-audit sites with 1M site-audit pages. Again, you can create upto 4 sub-accounts for other team members.
Business ($180 per month): This plan guarantees all the features that ProRankTracker offers. You’ll be allowed upto 3000 terms per month.
However, you can increase the number of terms in case 3000 terms seem lower to you. Additional fees will be incurred if you increase the number of terms.
Again, you’ll be able to conduct site audits for 60 websites on 1.5M pages. Two additional features included are API access and an accounts manager to help you out.
Here are some aspects I liked about ProRankTracker:
- This tool has a Mobile app to check your SERP rankings and reports on the fly.
- It has YouTube and Google video tracking ability – something that most SERP trackers don’t offer.
- The auto-update of reports is exceptional. You can request your SERP updates anytime you demand them.
- ProRankTracker has multilingual reporting in over ten languages including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Swedish, Japanese, French, Dutch, Danish, Italian, and German.
There are a few things that I am not happy about when it comes to ProRankTracker.
- You’ll not get access to Google SERP features like Featured Snippets.
- Things are a little messy with the UI e.g. adding keywords can frustrate.
- It is complex to set up and configure ProRankTracker because it is not intuitive.
- The mobile version of this tracker is not that responsive.
Who is it for? ProRankTracker is the game-changer for SEM agencies, video marketers, and e-Commerce (track Amazon listings) brands who want to track, analyze, and get SERP reports in multiple languages.
Advanced Web Ranking is the most accurate, long-standing, white-label SERP rank tracking tool accessible from any device.
It is a web-based application fully equipped with tools to help you monitor visibility evolution, ranking distribution, and ranking comparison, helping you detect flaws in your SEO strategies.
The fact that it has a website visibility tracker is just amazing.
Using the visibility metric, you will be able to see how visible your website is on major search engines based on certain keywords. You will get a plethora of statistics based on the following metrics:
- Search engines
- Landing pages
- Market share
- SERP features
- Keyword groups.
Another great feature is the white label functionality.
This feature is of great importance especially to SEO professionals and agencies who have been assigned a duty to track the SERP performance of a client.
It will allow you to add the brand/company details to help you present a unified front to your customers – there will be no trace of Advanced Web Ranking in your reports.
- Just like AccuRanker and ProRankTracker, Advanced Web Ranking allows you to track local rankings.
- It allows you to track the evolution of your SERP position across desktop and mobile devices.
- If you compare Advanced Web Ranking with ProRankTracker, it allows for SERP features (featured snippets, images, videos, tweets, local pack, knowledge panel, tweets, people also ask e.t.c) which are not available in ProRankTracker.
- Among the search engines that AccuRanker and ProRankTracker support, Advanced Web Ranking has an additional 3000+ including DuckDuckGo, Amazon.
- Unlike AccuRanker, Advanced Web Ranking has Multiple languages enabled so you can track keywords in any language.
Unlike AccuRanker, Advanced Web Ranking has relatively friendly pricing plans. Besides that, they guarantee a 30-days free trial period.
During this time, you’ll get access to all the premium features, no credit cards during sign up, and no hidden fees.
There are four plans to choose from with each being billed monthly or annually. The annual plan has a 10% discount, which I suggest you should grab.
- Starter ($49/month): This plan offers 2000 keyword units and Google data integration for search console and AdWords. In addition, you’re provided with unlimited projects and user accounts. Whitelabel report sharing is also available.
- Pro ($99/month): It offers 7000 keyword units and all the starter plan features plus competitor discovery and access to market share stats.
- Agency ($199/month): It offers 14500 keyword units together with all the pro plan features. Updates will be done within 1 hour.
- Enterprise ($49/month): This plan is good for anyone who wants to be provided with a dedicated accounts manager and priority support. Apart from the Agency plan features, you will be given 35500 keyword units and data migration assistance.
- It provides fresh accurate data when you need it because it doesn’t fetch the data from a database.
- It can accommodate unlimited user accounts with distinct access permission to your data at no extra cost.
- Priority support is guaranteed to ensure quick response time.
- You’ll be assigned a dedicated accounts manager to help you achieve your goals with AWR.
- It is one of the clean and easy to use SERP tracking tools. Its user interface is seamless on all devices.
- I noticed that updates take long to update when tracking voluminous keywords.
- It doesn’t have a link building module like SEMrush.
- The cloud version on their plans is too expensive yet it offers only a subset of features.
- Report sharing is super hard as the exported reports must be saved on your desktop with a .html extension.
Who is it for? Advanced Web Ranking is a perfect tool for large teams, agencies with complex projects, and large enterprise SEO shops as it supports as many users as you want: you can decide who accesses what, at what time, and when.
SERPwatcher is a tool by Mangools that comes with 4 other tools – Link Miner, SERP Checker, KWFinder, and SERP Profiler.
I’ve listed this tool on my 10 best SERP tracking tools because it is affordable, easy to use, and it is trusted and used by the world’s largest brands like Adidas, Alexa, Airbnb e.t.c.
However, what feature do I like most and why?
I like the fact that SERPWatcher has a share tracking feature.
You can use this two-click share feature to share something more than generic rank tracking reports.
You can generate the links for the report and anyone with the link can have access to the interactive report. The report can be filtered using different options including the time frame.
Apart from that, SERPWatcher has a scheduled and event-based reporting ability to update you on crucial changes.
I like this feature because it alerts me via email when there is something new on my reports which I should look into. With this feature, there is no need of logging in to the system to check for new updates.
- It allows for tracking of SERP rankings from any location and on any device (Mobile or Desktop) for precise local stats.
- Has interactive reports and alerts. Unlike AWR, the reports can be shared with clients through a link.
- It allows you to organize your keywords with tags so that you can get precise ranking stats.
- The availability of the Dominance index is the number one metric to check your overall keywords’ progress.
You can be up and running in 30 seconds with a 10-days free trial – “No Credit cards needed and no strings attached.” Once you’re happy with what you see, you can sign up for any plan between Mangools Basic, Mangools Premium, or Mangools Agency and save upto 40% with annual plans.
Here is what you’ll get in each plan:
Mangools Basic ($29 per month)
- 200 tracked keywords daily
- 25 Competitor keywords
- 100000 backlink rows every month
- 20 website lookups in 24 hours
Mangools Premium ($39 per month)
- 700 tracked keywords daily
- Unlimited competitor keywords/searches
- 500000 backlink rows every month
- 70 website lookups in 24 hours
- 3 sub-accounts
Mangools Agency($79 per month)
- 1500 tracked keywords daily
- Unlimited competitor keywords/searches
- 1.2M backlink rows every month
- 150 website lookups in 24 hours
- 10 sub-accounts
They also have a 48-hour money-back guarantee on all signups.
- It has a well organized and easy to use interface.
- It can track rankings of over 3000 search engines across 130+ countries.
- The SERPWatcher interface is easy to manage. It displays all the relevant stats you might need making them easily accessible.
- The interactive reports can be easily and digitally shared with prospects.
- It can generate white-label reports and has a number of templates to choose from.
- A dashboard for clients is not provided and its database is not as vast as that of SEMrush and other tools.
- SERPWatcher data is y not always 100% accurate, some stats may be over/underestimated.
- It is limited to only 100 keyword lookups per day in the basic plan. This is quite little for a fee of $49 per month.
Who is it for? SERPWatcher is the best tool for Agencies, SEO professionals, and startups who want to do SERP tracking in a much-simplified way.
This is an all in one SEO toolset that will help you track keyword rankings in all major search engines. You’ll get access to a whole set of tools for website auditing, SERP tracking, and creating a marketing plan.
At some point, you’re bound to ask one question: what keywords does your website rank for?
For SEO Agencies, the first thing you’ll want to know about your client’s website is where it stands in SERP rankings. Only afterward you can lay down a roadmap to optimize it.
One thing is for sure, analyzing the already ranking keywords is the only way of understanding the terms that searchers type to land on the site.
You need not guess these search terms, SE Ranking has this one super-accurate, useful feature – the keyword rank tracker that tracks keywords in major search engines e.g. Google, Bing, YouTube, and Yahoo.
This tool will help you understand all the factors that affect your traffic e.g. Google penalties, technical issues, Google algorithm updates, etc. Again, you’ll be able to view the pages that had a hit and those that did not.
Also, the SE Ranking will help you to monitor your competition and discover competitor keyword overlaps.
By entering your domain and your competitor’s URL, you’ll learn how and why your rivals are ranking for your target keywords, what keywords are they ranking for that your website is not.
SE Ranking’s keyword rank tracker allows you to track upto 5 competitors.
When you click on one of the competitors above, you’ll see their performance for all the keywords you’re trying to target and compare them with how you’re recently ranking.
- It supports all major search engines namely, Google, Bing, Yahoo, YouTube, and Yandex.
- SE Ranking analyzes and tracks Google’s SERPS for both desktop and mobile devices.
- It allows tracking in all locations. In fact, it narrows it down to country, city, and postal code.
- SE Ranking is a completely white label and allows for keyword grouping or segmentation.
- Along with rankings, it allows for Google Ads, Maps, and SERP features tracking.
- The competitor tracking feature allows for a comparison of up to 5 competitors’ reports against yours.
- The collaborative feature provides for the creation of sub-accounts with different access permissions to your analytics and projects.
This is not a freemium tool but the prices are somewhat flexible for startups. There is a 14-days trial period with no credit card required before you dive in headfirst.
Their discount plan is based on how long you subscribe to their services.
For example, there is no discount for one month plan. A discount of 5% is given when you enroll in a 3-month plan, 10% off for 6 months, 15% discount for 9 months, and finally a 20% discount on annual plans.
SE Ranking has 3 plans – optimum, plus, and enterprise. If we compare the plans based on rank checking for a monthly plan:
The Optimum plan will cost you $31 to analyze 10 websites, check 450000 keywords. If you want reports without Whitelabel then this plan is suitable for you.
Starting from $71 per month, you can get access to the Plus plan features which are popular among users. It will be the best plan if you’re an SEO agency in need of white-labeling in your reports.
The Enterprise plan is the largest going at $151 per month. It includes everything you’ll find in the Plus plan and API access. You can check upto 4.5M keywords if you subscribe to it.
- It has affordable and flexible pricing tiers and check frequency – pay for 1 keyword and check for 5.
- It is very accurate as compared to ProRankTracker.
- The dashboard is well laid out. Additionally, it has a mobile application from which you can view your reports anytime anywhere.
- It comes with a useful website audit and backlink monitoring tools.
- It does not include white label reporting in the Optimum plan.
- SE Ranking is not a reliable tool as it takes a considerable amount of time to update voluminous data lists.
- Granular geographic data is lacking which is bad news for those working smaller local businesses.
- It lacks major third-party integrations yet API access is only available in high-paid plans.
Who is it for? SE Ranking is a perfect SERP tracker for SEO Professionals, Digital Agencies, Freelancers, and Small Businesses who are after SERP tracking something more than a tracker at an affordable price.
With over 130M+ domains/URLs monitored daily, SERPWoo is another tool that you can use to track the top 100 pages of any website.
This is the best tool for checking and analyzing historical SERP so that you can make sound decisions based on how and why your competitors are outranking you.
Using SERPWoo will help you understand how and why certain websites are being ranked, why there is a change in positions in the SERPs, and also help you figure out why these sites are attracting traffic organically.
I liked SERPWoo’s SERP analysis feature more than any other feature.
It has a very nice and colorful user interface packed with graphical data regarding your SEO projects.
But why are colors and graphs helpful?
They’re of great importance because you’ll have an easy time sorting progress using colors and rankings.
For example, projects that are on the number one spot in SERPs will be highlighted in the dark green curve. A project in a dark purple curve means that it is not in the top 100 SERPs.
Such stats will help you make the necessary adjustments to your content strategy on specific projects.
Tagging is another feature that I liked about SERPWoo.
This feature is a valuable addition for anyone offering online reputation management services. It is very useful as you’ll be able to spot and report movements in SERPS easily and find hidden negative issues before they could affect your site.
- It has an innovative reporting system that provides you with reports at a go.
- It has a free automatic email notification feature that will always keep you alert and never miss an update, unlike SEMrush which requires additional money for the feature.
- The historical SERP archives help you analyze reports of a backdate or year anytime you want to see them.
- It allows for local, international, and mobile tracking.
- It comes with a keyword research feature that can extract the top keywords of your competitors and other related keywords.
- It has a unique tagging feature – a useful feature for online reputation management.
SERPWoo is a freemium tool. They allow for monthly and annual billing.
However, you get one-month free premium access if you subscribe for the annual billing cycle while refunds are only allowed within the first 3 days of signup.
There are four plans that you can subscribe to namely:
Bronze: With $45.95 per month, you’ll get access to unlimited projects to organize your data and workflow, unlimited user accounts, and unlimited tracked domains/URLs.
You’ll be able to track upto 750 keywords. Any reports generated, any email sent to clients will be white-labeled but account dashboards will not.
Silver: With this plan, upto 2000 keywords will be tracked in addition to the features available in the Bronze plan.
You will also be able to track mobile search engine results and Whitelabel dashboards will be enabled. This will cost you $99.95 each month.
Gold: This plan stands at $199.95 per month with access to all the features in the silver plan. However, the number of tracked keywords will be 4000.
Platinum: Platinum offers 8000 tracked keywords with all the Gold plan features at $299.95 per month.
- SERPWoo will send you project alerts straight to your email.
- It protects your brand. You can tag/red flag problematic URLS red in SERPs.
- With the Enterprise Ready Reporting, this tool allows you to see reports of your progress. This data is available in PDF formats and CSV exports.
- It allows for tagging and creation of sub-accounts with different access permissions.
- The free account allows you to track only 3 keywords.
- You won’t be able to track mobile ranking in the Bronze plan.
- Tracking of project regions can only be done using the Google search engine.
- It offers significantly fewer features on cheaper plans.
Who is it for? This tool is excellent for small businesses, startups, small digital agencies, and individuals who are looking forward to strategically compete with other brands.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one SEO software then SEMrush is the go.
It is a popular tool in the digital marketing space that allows you to do keyword research, SEO site auditing, Social media tracking, content analysis, organic analysis, etc.
Despite not being a SERP tracker tool, it provides SERP tracking as one of its features.
The only problem is that you must buy the full pack to get access to it. The $99/month feels like overkill if you only want rank tracking features.
As an all-in-one SEO suite, it comes with more features than Ahrefs, especially catering to the agency needs. But the UI/UX is not well-thought-out though they’re rolling a lot of updates on the frontend.
Apart from that, it comes with a very interesting hyper-local and device targeting feature.
This is a useful feature when it comes to dynamic multi-targeting. You’ll be able to monitor keyword performance on multiple devices and locations.
With this, you can analyze location-specific data – a great feature for local businesses.
Let’s have a look at more rank tracking features of SEMrush, sticking to the topic of the post.
- It allows for granular tracking at a country, city, or city level for daily ranking updates.
- It has a robust set of metrics to check the visibility index to help you determine your performance.
- Allows for comparison of keywords based on geo-location.
- Ahrefs does not provide daily automatic updates (only weekly) whereas SEMrush allows for daily reporting.
- You can monitor several SERP features including videos, rich snippets, reviews e.t.c.
- You can monitor your performance on Google and Bing.
- Provides for multi-device keyword tracking.
SEMrush is a premium tool but allows you to test its features for 30 days free of charge. You’ll get a 16% discount if you subscribe to the annual billing cycle.
The Pro plan has limited features yet it has been priced at $99.95 per month. With this plan, you’ll not have access to white label reports, and no Google Data Studio integration.
You’ll be required to pay a hefty fee of $399.95 (Business Plan) to get access to all the features that will make your SERP tracking a success.
- It is easy to analyze keywords (track progress and compare your rankings against competitors) as it groups keywords in buckets by positions i.e 1-3, 4-10 e.t.c.
- Allows for PPC Ad tracking hence giving you insights on how well your paid ads are performing.
- You can see how your Social media marketing efforts are doing using the social media tracking feature.
- The fact that the SERP tracker in SEMrush is not individually available makes it too expensive – you need to buy the entire SEMrush suite just to access the SERP tracker.
- Compared to ProRankTracker which has a friendly user interface, novice users could find it complicated to use so it’s worth considering other SEMrush alternatives.
- Addons are required for more advanced features like white-label, Google Data Studio integration, sub-accounts/ user management e.t.c at an added fee.
Who is it for? SEMRush is an absolute choice for bloggers, digital marketers, and SEO professionals who want an all in one SEO toolkit for advertising, content marketing, social media, and competitive research.
Ahrefs is my favorite all-in-one SEO tool that will help you not only find the best keywords to rank for but also track their performance in SERPs. Keyword updates are done once after 7 days.
Although this won’t matter much as we resist making impulse actions based on daily fluctuations, daily updates are indeed a nice feature to have.
One thing I liked about this tool is that it has a very powerful keyword research and backlink tracking feature. Ahrefs is the best for SEO, we use Ahrefs in our business on a daily basis.
Two things we really liked about Ahrefs:
- A really large backlink index
- Good UI/UX built keeping advanced SEO strategies in mind
Similar to that of SEMrush, buying Ahrefs only for rank tracking is not recommended. But, if you’re into SEO and do not have Ahrefs, then go buy it.
Another cool feature that you’ll find useful in SEMrush is the search engine position tracking feature.
The position tracking feature will help you see the SERP features that you have won with your target keywords.
Being able to pinpoint each SERP feature you already have, which one you gain, and the ones you lose will help know what’s working and what’s not.
Additionally, SEMrush has a feature called the sensor report which works hand in hand with the position tracker.
It helps you discover the SERP features that are prominent in various search industries. Once you switch industries, you can receive a report like the one in the screenshot below.
- Allows you to compare your SERP rankings against your competitors’.
- It comes with a site explorer to analyze your competitors’ site and discover which keywords and pages are performing well.
- Whereas AuthorityLabs does not allow auditing, Ahrefs has the ability to perform a site audit, a useful feature for SEO agencies.
- Other than the rank tracker, it has a content explorer that will help you come up with better ideas for your content marketing campaigns.
- Allows for tracking on all major search engines including Google, YouTube, Amazon, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, Baidu, Daum, Naver, and Seznam.
Ahrefs is a premium tool that offers a 7-days trial period at a fee of $7 with full access to all the features.
Despite that, if you decide to take an annual billing cycle, you’ll get a discount of 2 months’ free access to what it has to offer.
Here are the plans that you can opt for:
Lite ($99/month): This plan will allow you to have only 1 user account. However, you have the option of adding 5 more users at $30 each.
Additionally, you can track upto 500 keywords and create only 5 projects. Any extra project will be charged $10.
Standard ($179/month): The standard plan has all the features that the lite plan has except that 1500 keywords will be tracked. The update frequency is 5 days unlike 7 days in the Lite plan.
Advanced ($399/month): As for the Advanced plan, you can track 5000 keywords, add 3 user accounts, create 25 projects, and access mobile ranking.
On top of that, all other standard plan prices apply.
Agency ($999/month): There are no new features in the Agency plan. Everything here is exactly the same as those in the advanced plan. However, 10000 keywords will be tracked.
- It has a position history checker to identify keywords that have been volatile in recent times.
- Being an all-in-one SEO software, Ahrefs has the best SEO audit capabilities to help you optimize your entire site and increase your rankings.
- It provides advanced rank tracking metrics and statistics to help you understand your site’s performance.
- All the keywords are randomly updated – they’re not updated at the same time.
- It does not offer daily updates and that’s why we don’t use it.
- Ahrefs can be complex for novice users to understand how it operates.
Who is it for? It is only suitable for content marketers and SEO specialists who want to improve their ranking in searches with targeted keywords.
AuthorityLabs has risen to become my number 9 Google SERP tracker that will help you prove whether your SEO inputs are worth your time or not by monitoring rank trends over time.
It guarantees accurate keyword data by fueling your analytics from top search engines like Google.
Tracking your site’s keyword ranking is crucial if you’re looking forward to optimizing it for organic search.
AuthorityLabs has two features that I liked.
The first one is the local rank tracking.
This feature helps you track Google rank by country, city, and zip. Remember, what your customers see depends on where they’re searching from.
A customer who is two miles away from your store may find your Google My Business profile on position one of the SERPs whereas the other one who is ten miles away may not find you on page one.
Local rank tracking will give you daily updates on how you’re ranking in SERPs for all locations you’re trying to target on Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Another feature that will make you fall in love with AuthorityLabs is the Now Provided reports.
Most SERP tools e.g SERPWoo will not display the Not Provided keywords. Such search terms are very essential because they’re what visitors type in search engines to search sites in your niche.
The availability of Now Provided reports will help you discover hidden keywords. You’ll be able to know the exact search terms visitors use to discover your site.
- In comparison to SERPWatcher which allows tracking in only 130 countries, AuthorityLabs lets you expand your reach by checking domains from any country using the local and global tracking features.
- With device-specific data features, you can track your rankings and search terms that mobile users are using.
- You can track several SERP features including featured snippets.
- The competitor monitoring feature gives you the ability to cross-check your performance with that of your competitors.
- It has a customizable channel grouping to filter out traffic sources based on a referral, organic traffic, direct, email, social, or paid traffic.
This is a premium rank tracking tool that offers you a 14-days free trial period with no credit card needed nor any hidden fees.
Let me take you through the pricing and plans of this cool tool.
Plus ($49/month): Allows you to track 250 keywords and 50 domains. Additionally, all the major features mentioned above are included except API access, Whitelabel, and Google Data Studio integration.
Pro ($99/month): You can track 1000 keywords and 100 unique domains. Unlike the Plus plan, the Pro plan has Google Data Studio integration and White label reports.
Pro Plus ($225/month): The Pro Plus plan includes all the features of the Pro plan except that you can track 2500 keywords and 300 domains.
Enterprise ($450/month): Subscribing for the Enterprise package will allow you to track 5000+ keywords and unlimited domains. Additionally, you’ll have API access on top of the Pro Plus features.
- It ensures seamless reporting because it is 100% White Label.
- Unlike SEMrush which charges an extra fee to add other users, AuthorityLabs allows you to add unlimited users at no additional cost.
- They have exceptional customer support – friendly customer service with a fast response time.
- It is very easy to navigate this tool because it has a simple user interface.
- White label and Google Data Studio integration are not available in the Plus plan unless you upgrade to the pro plan.
- It is relatively expensive given the number of keywords you are allowed to track.
- Does not allow you to import data from other third-party platforms.
Whether you want to discover keyword rankings that are at risk or compare the correlation between your keyword rankings and clicks, RankRanger is the absolute kicker.
It allows you to create graphs to help you compare your rankings to any key metric you can think of.
Something you’ll be proud of when you purchase this tool is their keyword grouping feature.
Why do you even need it?
Managing a large keyword list can make you have a mental spasm. However, with RankRanger, you can effortlessly group keywords in different segments or tag them and manage voluminous keywords easily.
Simply click on the filter icon and locate specific keywords
- You can track rankings for both mobile and desktop devices.
- You can monitor your progress on any search engine including the major ones like Google, Bing, Baidu, YouTube, Google Video Box, Google Play, Google App Box, Google For Jobs e.t.c.
- Allows you to evaluate your performance on the international level.
- It provides for efficient local SEO campaigns. Monitor SERPs by city or zip code.
- You can track and gain an insight into the SERP features that appear alongside your URL.
- Its graphical representation allows you to see the rankings that are scaling up and down.
With the 14-days free trial, you can test the water and discover how good RankRanger is before you decide to permanently use it for your SERP tracking needs.
Lite ($79/month): This plan will allow you to track 500 keywords daily and add a maximum of 15 users. Again, there are over 15 integrations available, you just need to choose what suits you.
Standard ($149/month): Here you’ll get 1000 daily keywords to be tracked and 30 dashboards for other team members.
The Pro and Premium plans allow you to choose custom tracking options. The prices will depend on the features you choose.
However, you are limited to 5000 daily keyword tracking and 200 dashboards for the Pro plan whereas the Premium plan has 500 dashboards and 10000 daily keyword tracking.
- RankRanger is a 100% personalized/white label.
- Has automated scheduling of personalized PDF reports.
- It supports multiple languages including German, English, French, Hebrew, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish.
- It has an easy to use interface for tracking your rankings and site visibility and also conducting a competitive analysis.
- It can check only 500 keywords and allows for only 15 dashboards at a starting price of $79 per month which is very expensive when compared to a tool like AccuRanker.
Who is it for? RankRanger is a SaaS platform designed for agencies, digital marketing firms, and in-house professionals to monitor organic, mobile, and local ranks on hundreds of search engines.
Before you decide to settle with a particular rank tracker tool, there are several factors you need to consider.
My primary goal in this review article was not to recommend a specific tracking tool but to guide you through what’s good and what’s not about the ten products.
Now that you have an idea about what each has to offer, you need to ensure that the tool you decide to go for has the following crucial features.
Quality is far much better than quantity. It doesn’t matter how many keywords a given search engine optimization tracker can track in a day, what matters is the accuracy of the ranking updates.
You’ll be wasting your time, effort, and money if you invest in a SERP tracker that cannot guarantee continuous accuracy when it comes to tracking.
Google released a statement stating that over 50% of the searches are conducted on mobile devices compared to desktops with some niches reaching 60%+.
Undoubtedly, the gap is still growing. Therefore, before you hit that BUY button, do ensure that the tool provides for mobile and desktop tracking.
SERP data segmentation is vital when you’re tracking thousands of keywords. It will allow you to spot useful patterns and trends/movements in all the search queries you’re tracking.
Using tag and segment ranking data you’ll be able to view SERP movement by topic, content, funnel or device.
Accurate reports are important for any SERP tracker but is that all that you should look for? Best SERP tools should provide you with something more than a report.
It should give you the flexibility to generate easy-to-digest reports the way you want.
SERP positions are dynamic and change really fast. You need a tracker that generates accurate and frequently updated SERP data on a daily basis or anytime you demand it.
Considering the buying guide above, it’s no secret that AccuRanker is the best SERP tracking tool for use this year.
Whether you’re a large SEO agency or an SEO freelancer, it is the best and the most affordable standalone SERP tracker.
I’ve hand-picked it because it only focuses on SERP tracking hence ensuring accurate and timely reporting of SERP movements on all major search engines.
However, if you’re after an all-in-one SEO solution to handle other tasks apart from SERP tracking, I’d recommend SEMrush.
It’s got some groundbreaking features like a content marketing toolkit for topic research and SEO audit, brand monitoring feature. Also, it has a traffic analytics feature you can use to check visits, dwell time, and bounce rate, etc.
It is a handy feature-rich tool for Digital Marketing Professionals, SEO firms/agencies, and large enterprises in search of a cost-effective all-in-one SEO suite.
Finally, Advanced Web Ranking is what I recommend for startups who are keen on boosting their search rankings super fast. Yes, it is expensive compared to our main pick AccuRanker but you can take advantage of the 30-days free trial period to do something meaningful on your website.
Now that you have a clear picture of what the best SERP monitoring tools are and what to consider if you have to buy one. These three tools are worth trying if you want to skyrocket your SEO campaign to the top SERPs.