By keeping yourself organized and productive, you could achieve your goals quicker and earn more bucks. Bloggers know the importance of being productive. They've got a little time for maintaining their blog.
WordPress is the most used Blogging platform today. It is famous because of it's flexibility, security and also the wide array of plugins to easily extend the functionality in one click.
There are plenty of plugins that are meant for bloggers to boost their productivity. Being a serious blogger since around 3 years, I've used many plugins on WordPress. I love exploring plugins.
In this post, I'll introduce you some of the WordPress plugins that boost your productivity and enables you to blog faster.
Here are the best WordPress plugins
This awesome plugin lets you paste the image directly to the WordPress post from your clipboard.
When you combine this plugin with Ditto – the best clipboard manager for Windows, you can save lots of time uploading your images.
With this plugin, for me, uploading of images is now as easy as copy and paste.
This plugin enhances the default internal link feature of WordPress. Whenever you select a text and click on the link button, it automatically searches for the posts, pages, categories, tags matching the selected anchor text. You can also add additional data sources if you are a developer.
By this, internal link search also returns results from Wikipedia, and other sites you include.
This plugin is well updated and maintained. This plugin is a must have if you want to effectively interlink your posts.
This plugin helps you mention your previous posts, by simply typing the search query prefixed by the symbol ‘@'. I discovered this plugin recently. It eases the process of including the manual related posts within the article.
When you click on any post, the post title along with the link will be inserted.
It's just awesome.
If you are fond of drag and drop image upload feature on WordPress, this is a must have plugin.
This plugin adds the drag and drop functionality to the ‘featured image' section of your post editor.
You just need to drag and drop your featured image, to upload it.
This is one of the simple and highly essential plugin developed by Brad Vincent.
It allows you to bookmark your favorite posts and pages. These bookmarks are added to the admin menu and widget in the dashboard for quick viewing and editing.
You just need to install and activate the plugin. There are no settings to configure.
This plugin helps you to quickly move posts from one category or tag to another.
It can also be used to quickly remove categories or tags from multiple posts and pages.
If you accidentally have messed up with categories and tags in your blog, this plugin comes as a time saver.
By default, WordPress allows shortcodes only to be executed inside the content. This is a super-simple plugin that enables the shortcode functionality in widgets.
You can include the shortcodes in sidebar widgets, without any worry.
This plugin hasn't been updated for over 3 years, as it is a very simple filter plugin.
This plugin is exactly opposite to the above plugin.
It enables you to insert widget at any part of your blog, with the help of shortcodes.
Example of shortcode is,
[widget id="text-1" title="0"]
The above shortcode inserts the first text widget inside the post. It is very helpful in including the opt-in forms, upgrades, and also social icons within the posts.
This plugin helps you share your old blog posts on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and others.
It does this automatically, by randomly selecting your old posts and sharing it.
You can set the frequency of social shares, posts to exclude, the minimum time between the shares, and also exclude certain categories.
Example of short code is:
22 more KILLER productivity plugins:
- Live Edit: It lets you edit your content on the front-end. it's the best freely available front-end editor for WordPress. When you are viewing your site, instead of going into admin post editor, you can directly edit the content front-end when logged in.
- Just Writing: If you use full-screen distraction-free mode for writing, this plugin adds some more essential functionalities when in full-screen mode. You can also select what are all the options it should show up in full-screen mode.
- Multi Plugin Installer: This plugin enables you to install multiple plugins at once, without searching and installing the plugins manually.
- SEO Smart Links: This plugin lets you carry out your interlinking of posts easily. You need to specify the keywords followed by the URL. Whenever you mention those keywords in your blog content, it gets automatically linked to related content you mentioned. This plugin is designed by taking Wikipedia auto-linking as inspiration.
- Shortcodes Ultimate: This is a simple plugin that provides you a mega pack of shortcodes, you can use in your content to make your content more appealing. It is highly customizable and lets you create any type of page elements, design it, in seconds.
- FD Word Statistics: It displays the number of sentences, various readability scores inside your post/page editor.
- Insights: This plugin enables you to quickly insert links into your post by searching on Google, images, news, Wikipedia, Books, Flickr images, Maps, and posts within your blog.
- Edit flow: It helps you maintain editorial calendar, workflow management system.
- WP Htaccess Editor: Lets you edit the htaccess file of your site, right inside your WordPress installation.
- Reveal IDs: When you are dealing with shortcodes or widgets, you may need to know the ID of a post, page or media. This plugin enables to find it out easily.
- Display Widgets: This plugin lets you display widgets on specific pages selectively. This will be a great plugin for customizing widgets.
- Easy Updates Manager: It helps you to update plugins and themes of multiple sites you own, automatically or selectively.it helps you keep all of your sites secure.
- Easy Google Fonts: Installing Google fonts manually in your site may require some coding. This plugin enables you to easily integrate Google Fonts with WordPress.
- Broken Link Checker: Detects the broken links on your blog. You can set the frequency at which the plugin should check for broken links. On shared hosting environment, use this plugin sparingly. Because it easily consumes a great deal of bandwidth.
- Admin Menu Editor: This is the only plugin you need to modify the titles, reorder the menu items via drag and drop. You can also create any menu that points you your choice of URL or external URL. This is especially important when you are using dozens of plugins and the settings of them are messed up.
- My Custom CSS: You can edit the CSS of your theme, without touching the theme code. This will be helpful for you as theme updates will not alter the CSS code.
- Quick Adsense: This plugin lets you manage AdSense ads, effectively. It lets you easily add the ad codes in one place without messing up with every place you want to display ads.
- Search Regex: This plugin adds powerful search and replace feature for your WordPress site. You may search for any search for any strings in your WordPress database and replace it with any text. It has full REGEX search capabilities. You can use natural expressions and also REGEX expressions. However you may want to use this plugin with caution as it may completely screw up your site, if used to modify crucial data.
- Theme Test Drive: If you want to make any changes to your WordPress theme, you may want to put your site down for maintainance. This plugin enables you to make changes in the visual aspects or the theme files within the premises of administrator, whereas the visitors will see the site with default theme.
- WP Hide Post: This plugin enables you to hide a post or page on front page, archives, author pages, category pages, so on. (selectively)
I've introduced this plugin in one of my previous blog posts @ How Not To Bore Your Readers with Affiliate Posts
- P3 Profiler: helps you to identify the plugins thatare slowing down the page load times of your site. It shows the pie chart of the plugins that account to the load time of your site. If your site is slow, this plugin may be the best bet.
- Enable media Replace: If you want to replace a media/image, you need to delete and then upload or rename it. With this plugin, you just need to hit the replace button and upload the new image.
It's the end…
There are plugins for every purpose you can imagine. But installing too many plugins is not advisable, as it may slow down your site. Also, I advise you install plugins that are well updated and maintained. Prefer light code tweaks than to install a plugin.
Learn keyboard shortcuts of WordPress to make the writing of blog posts easier.
Hope you loved the blog post. If you have any WordPress plugin ideas for boosting productivity, please do comment.