Today in this post, I am going to present you the best Ontraport alternatives.
Ontraport has a reputation for reliable marketing software. The company has been around for a decade and is known for its great automation and high deliverability rates.
|Starting price||$9/mo for 500 contacts||$40/mo for 500 contacts||$97/mo|
|Free trial available?||14-days free trial||14-days free trial||14-days free trial|
|Split testing||You can split test subject lines,|
email content, images,
call to actions, from information
|You can split test subject lines, |
preview text, images, sender’s name,
|You can split test different variation of funnel pages|
|Explore more||Explore ActiveCampaign||Explore InfusionSoft||Explore ClickFunnels|
But the truth is, there are other email automation tools in the market with better pricing plans and faster automation than Ontraport.
Running a successful business in this day and age calls for time, patience, and an awesome marketing strategy.
There will be so many metaphorical fires to quell that you don’t need to struggle with an email marketing platform.
My list of Ontraport alternatives packs a punch and provides the same level of oomph you get with Ontraport.
Let’s get down to it!
One of the most important things you need to take care of is their price creep.
Ontraport is definitely an expensive solution as compared to other options. The price starts at $79 for 1,000 contacts. It is no problem if you have big money in the bank already.
Otherwise, you need to set up a heist in the Royal Mint to afford it in the long-term race.
While every email marketing tool has a certain degree of a learning curve, Ontraport takes months to fully understand its features.
I think Ontraport can work on making their UI a bit clean and easy to use.
Ontraport provides you with an API and third-party integrations but they are limited in number. Other tools, for example, InfusionSoft has a collection of over 300 apps.
And while Ontraport can integrate with major industry apps, you are still limited in this regard unless you have a developer who can use the API.
Using an email marketing tool doesn’t have to break the banks.
You need to see whether you can continue using it for the coming years, even when your email list grows to 5,000.
It is not suitable for you and your audience if you later have to change your platform all of a sudden due to cost.
Let’s be honest.
Automation is the bread and butter of your email marketing strategy.
Why else would you subscribe to an email marketing tool?
Without automation, you will lose your head trying to deliver the right conversation, at the right time, using the right channel. In short, it’s an uphill battle that you’ll have little or no success.
What’s the use of an email marketing tool if you can’t see how it’s working for you?
Reporting plays an important role in estimating the success of your marketing campaigns. And so, you need to look for a tool with detailed analytical reporting.
CRM is at the heart of your business. You need to make your daily interactions with your customers go smooth like butter.
And so sending personalized emails, segmentation and tagging should be top-notch.
If you are a small to medium-sized business and looking for some good CRM features, then ActiveCampaign is the way to go.
Not only is it a powerful automation tool but also easy to use. And that is what sets it apart from other Ontraport alternatives on this list.
The drag and drop builder and automation sequences give you a smooth experience, even for beginners.
Also, unlike Ontarport, they have a smooth learning curve. ActiveCampaign has a clean UI that helps you learn on the go. And the price doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Thanks to ActiveCampaign’s built-in CRM feature, combining segmentation and tracking features gives you impressive insights into your customer’s journey.
- ActiveCampaign has a wide range of industry-leading integrations over 310+ including Shopify, PayPal, Bigcommerce, Woocommerce, etc.
- Since it is a fully-fledged email marketing solution, you get access to features like lead segmentation, website tracking, lead capture forms, and drag and drop email campaigns. ActiveCampaign has its lead scoring system, so that’s a plus.
- They have a workflow visual builder that lets you create automated workflows in minutes. The secret sauce is that ActiveCampaign also supports complex triggers so you can give your customers a unique experience during sales funnels.
- The email deliverability is quite good and the customer support is quick and friendly.
- Using its split test feature, you can A/B test five different emails at once.
- Customer service is really excellent. It provides a toll-free number, messaging, live chat, training, and good knowledgebase articles.
- A bit cluttered interface.
- A limited collection of pre-designed templates.
ActiveCampaign gives you a 14-days free trial.
They have 4 pricing tiers and the basic package starts from $9 for 500 subscribers. But their pricing increases with the increasing number of subscribers.
Bottomline: If you want an email marketing tool with powerful automation on a cheaper budget, then ActiveCampaign is the one you should consider. So bloggers, SaaS, and other online marketers with loads of targeted content give it a shot.
InfusionSoft is a complete marketing solution with built-in CRM and eCommerce features in one place. If you’re willing to take your marketing and sales game up a notch, then this tool is definitely worth it.
And, it perfectly mimics Ontraport. But you get more options with Infusionsoft more so that it provides you with advanced sales and marketing automation.
Plus the UI is very easy to use. I have done an Ontraport vs Infusionsoft review so you can get the good, the bad, and the ugly.
All you need to do is invest your time into learning the tool so that you can reap maximum benefits.
Managing your contacts is pretty straightforward. You can also create personalized email campaigns using their state-of-the-art campaign builder.
Moreover, it has flexible reporting features that display all the necessary metrics. Tracking and following up on leads is seamless thanks to their advanced sales pipeline capabilities.
- If you’re an eCommerce store owner, you can build responsive templates and preview them both on mobile and desktop. You can automate promotions, use abandoned cart features, and create order forms to streamline the shopping experience.
- The reports contain key details like conversions, open rate, click rate, revenue generated by each performance, and much more. All of this is shown in an attractive visual report with graphs and charts.
- InfusionSoft offers a unique feature called My Day. It acts like a project management tool where you can organize your daily tasks and appointments.
- To create autoresponders, you can segment your contacts and choose specific triggers. When you’re about to send an email, you can look at global open rate trends by clicking on ‘send at the best time today’.
- They have a useful collection of third-party add-ons and plug-ins.
- Limited design templates.
- Being everything to everyone, it does not perform the best in one single domain of service.
Their pricing starts from $79 per month for 500 subscribers. The price range is almost similar to that of Ontraport.
They have 3 tiers in total. You can make use of their 14-days free trial to see if InfusionSoft would be the right choice for you.
They also give discounts and promotional offers up to 50% off, so be on the lookout for that too.
Bottomline: Anyone in business and you need to wear multiple hats, then InfusionSoft is your go-to email marketing tool.
Additionally, it’s the ultimate Ontraport alternative as anything Ontraport can do, Infusionsoft does it simpler and better. They have the most complete set of marketing automation tools and automated reports.
In the world of digital marketing, ClickFunnels is a popular name. Anyone interested in lead funnels must have heard about Russel Brunson and how he can help turn your funnels into unicorns and rainbows.
ClickFunnels is a landing page builder that claims to generate revenue through online sales funnels.
Started in 2014, ClickFunnels quickly made its way to the top through its sales funnel strategy. And that is what sets it apart as an Ontraport alternative.
Using its drag and drop editor, you can create conversion oriented landing pages, forms, and trigger emails all from one central place.
You can host a course, launch a new product, and build your email lists with ClickFunnels.
One of the reasons it has high conversion rates is because they use human psychology tactics while designing their sales funnels. Its magic potion lies in its up-sell,down-sell, and bump offer features.
The up-sell strategy helps pitch in a second product for your customer if he buys the first product. And the down-sell strategy helps direct your customer to a lower-priced deal, should they decline the first offer.
If the main reason for choosing Ontraport is to increase conversions and sales, ClickFunnels will get you there. Faster.
- ClickFunnels has all the bells and whistles needed in a sales funnel builder. Some of the features include up-sell and down-sell features, A/B testing, and third-party integrations such as Shopify.
- Wide range of funnel templates available. You can create attractive landing pages within minutes.
- To keep track of the data, you can make use of the Sales Analytics feature. It displays all the necessary metrics and also where do you generate the most leads. This helps you further focus down on those to turn them into life-long customers.
- ClickFunnels also has the FunnelFlix program where you get access to Russell Brunson’s (founder’s) secret marketing teachings through online courses, webinars, and ebooks.
- The ‘share funnels’ option helps save a slot of time and effort. If a particular funnel worked well for your business, you can share that with your friends and vice versa. A win-win situation for both!
- Slow customer support.
- Fewer customization options, as the software intends to keep things simple.
ClickFunnels has 2 pricing plans, with the basic one starting from $97 per month and the platinum one at $297 per month.
Most people would say it’s an expensive deal but considering the whole suite of features it offers, the price is worth it.
It has a 14-days free trial so you can try out all the funnel building features and see if it would be a good investment for your business.
Bottomline: If you are looking to increase your conversion rate through lead funnels then ClickFunnels is a solid option for you. It’s one platform that allows you to create lead magnets that can make your ‘ice-cold traffic’ love you.
You get to multiply your conversions with a simple tweak on the ready-to-use funnels. It’s a ‘venus fly trap’ that will help you capture leads on demand.
I have given you the top three Ontraport alternatives. They will all benefit your small business in email scheduling, list management, streamlining business processes, and increasing conversion rates.
My final verdict:
- Use ActiveCampaign if you’re a blogger/running a small business and you have a limited budget but you need awesome automation workflows.
- Jump on the Infusionsoft bandwagon if you need detailed campaigns, reports, and automation. Oh! And if you’ve got the cash to finance it.
- And if all you need is a lead pipeline that converts prospects to paying customers, ClickFunnels will do. It will bring your lead capture struggle to an end.
Let me know what you’ll pick.