Long story short – Jarvis can’t replace a content writer.
It can’t replace your content writers.
Not, it can’t!
If you think otherwise, you are badly deceived.
Rather, you’ll be able to generate 2-5 blog posts in the place of one. You’ll be able to train your content writer on Jarvis – and dramatically boost his/her output!
Personally, it helped me 2x my content creation game, in my niche – blogging and SaaS.
I’m pretty sure I’ll make it 3x down the lane, as I’m deeply considering to learn “prompt design and engineering”.
In some other niches where is AI is trained well, it can speed up 5x or even 10x content production.
After using a lot of AI writing tools in the market, I can say – “Jarvis is the best when it comes to quality of the output. Especially if you’re writing content that sells – persuasive blog posts“.
But is it worth the steep price tag?
Are there better alternatives?
Will you be able to get a return on investment from this pricey piece of software?
In this blog post I’ll be reviewing Jarvis (Conversion.ai).
- Comes with really useful content templates. For me, video script hook, AIDA, PAS, content improver, blog post intro, feature to benefit, are the most favorite ones.
- It comes with a long form content assistant, to help you write long form blogs, sales copies, and video scripts easily.
- It comes with Boss Mode. You can just command Jarvis to return your content, same as how you do with Google Assistant or Siri. Powerful!
- Features of Jarvis are really well thought out keeping real life use cases in mind!
- Supports up to 30 different languages. Say “hi” to generate vernacular content at scale.
- It comes with a grammar fixer, content simplifier, and an ever growing list of quick tools!
- Jarvis can be a liar when it comes to facts and figures. It comes down to a con of the underlying tech; GPT-3. As of now, it sucks when it comes to factual details.
- Jarvis can struggle a lot in some niches where there’s a scarcity of content on the internet. It can excel in some fields like diets, travel, and even writing a story (it’s too good at it). But, a new tech like blockchain? It needs more training, a GPT-3 con.
- It can be quite costly for beginners. They can get the Starter plan, but it has a cap of 20,000 words and also you don’t get access to long form assistant and Boss Mode.
These are just tools and are not meant to replace content writers. To make the AI reliable, you need to steer it in the right direction and specify the depth and breadth of the content.
Jarvis.ai is a product of the company behind UseProof.
The experience Jarvis gained with their other popular product, UseProof, and knowledge of copywriting has allowed them to understand what makes copy compelling.
The team has trained GPT-3 with their own high-converting copywriting templates and data giving rise to Jarvis!
Their deep understanding of how direct response copywriting works combined with a powerful AI makes Jarvis (Conversion.ai) one of the best AI tools on the market.
The company is led by CEO Dave Rogenmoser, along with team members Austin Distel, John Philip Morgan, Chris Hull, Megan Johnson, and James Morgan.
They are really good at building communities and using webinars for educating prospects.
Their main strength is marketing.
I would highly suggest you join their Facebook community, for sure you’ll be hooked!
Jarvis.ai is on an acquisition spree. They acquired tools like Headlime (March 29, 2021) and ShortlyAI (10th June 2021). They acquired Headlime to improve their AI algorithm, and ShortlyAI (which was a very strategic acquisition) to incorporate GPT-3 commands feature (dubbed as Boss Mode) into their app which paid out really well for the company.
Jarvis.ai comes with a lot of copywriting templates.
You just need to select the template and fill in the details for it to generate persuasive copies for you.
Here’s a list of templates you can use with Jarvis:
- AIDA Framework – Attention – Interest – Desire – Action. This helps you a lot when writing copies and also even social media posts that drive engagement.
- PAS Framework – Problem-Agitate-Solution. This copywriting framework helps a lot to boost conversions relating to the problems that people are facing.
- Content Improver – It takes a piece of content and rewrite it to make it more interesting – creative – and engaging.
- Product Description – Helps you create compelling product descriptions to be used on websites – emails and social media.
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph – Writes an opening paragraph for you and helps you get rid of writers’ block.
- Creative Story – It helps a lot of incorporate story-telling in your content creation workflow
- Sentence Expander – It lets you expand a short sentence or a few words into a longer sentence that is creative – interesting – and engaging.
- Persuasive Bullet Points – Generate persuasive bullet points to insert into landing pages – emails – and more.
- Video Script Hook and Introduction – Create a video intro that will capture your viewers attention and compel them to watch all the way through.
- Video Description (YouTube) – Create unique descriptions for Youtube videos that rank well in search.
- Feature to Benefit – Turn your product features into benefits that compel action.
- Unique Value Propositions – Create a clear statement that describes the benefit of your offer in a powerful way.
- Text Summarizer – Get the key point from a piece of text.
- Blog Post Topic Ideas – Brainstorm new blog post topics that will engage readers and rank well on Google.
- Blog Post Outline – Create lists and outlines for articles. Works best for Listicle and How to style blog posts or articles.
- Blog Post Conclusion Paragraph – Wrap up your blog posts with an engaging conclusion paragraph.
When generating the copy you have control over:
- The number of copies it needs to generate, upto 10 copies at once!
- The tone of voice – like friendly, convincing, witty, engaging, etc. To trigger the right kind of emotions at the right time in your copy. This is a game-changer if you know how to properly use it
You can even make use of a template “content improver” to write bullet points and expand it to a complete compelling email!
If you are into video script creation, autoresponders, newsletter creation, short-form social media content, you will absolutely love the templates that Jarvis has got for you.
Some copywriting templates I really liked are AIDA (Attention Interest Desire Action), PAS (Problem-agitate-solution), BAB (Before After Bridge), Video Script Hook and Intro, Content Improver (I use this a lot) etc.
These templates appear in the sidebar when you are dealing with the long-form assistant of Jarvis too (this is a game-changer for many including me!).
I will be explaining more about it in the next section.
Whatever output that is generated by making use of these templates will be stored under “AI outputs”.
The outputs generated will be stored under “AI outputs”.
Favorite them, flag them (this improves its learning), and trash them as well.
A powerful search engine is also available to search through the AI output so that the content can be reused between copies.
This feature allows you to write long-form copies like blog posts, video scripts, sales pages, etc.
If you are writing an email or a post, you can share it with multiple team members (with their team member feature) and get feedback from each of them at the same time. It makes collaboration easier.
The long-form assistant works in just 3 steps:
Step 1: Give it some information about what you’re writing about so that we can help you write the best blog post for YOUR audience. This section is very important to “prime”/nudge AI in the right direction when writing the article!
Step 2: Generate an eye-catching title that matches up with your topic (e.g., “5 Ways I’ve Tried To Deal With My Anxiety”) which is essential since a catchy headline attracts readership!
Step 3: Start writing the content or ask Jarvis to write an intro for you.
Providing the initial input for the AI can be pretty important. You need to make sure that it is descriptive enough and also provides the right tone for AI to continue with.
Jarvis works on patterns, similar to that of any other AI tool.
If your input is good, the AI will write the content for you based on it.
You can let the AI autocomplete your thoughts and write content for you at times when writing the blog posts.
You don’t need to worry about editing typos – Jarvis automatically detects and corrects them for you. If you want AI to fix the grammar of the content you create, then you can make use of the “Fix Grammar” feature.
You may be wondering what the other two options are: they are – rewrite and simplify (simplifies complex sentences for a 5th grader) features.
Jarvis will read and generate content based on the position of your cursor.
It reads 2000 to 3000 characters above your cursor to get context about what you’re looking at.
And the best of all? You can generate content in up to 25+ languages
There are a lot of keyboard shortcuts and modifiers to control Jarvis while writing:
- ***: Jarvis will be unable to see anything above three asterisks in your content. You can use it to prevent the AI from generating duplicate outputs by sticking to previous patterns.
- Command + /: re-run or retry
- Command + Z: undo
- Command + J: Compose
- Command + Enter: Run Command (more on these later)
- Command + Shift + Enter: Run Command and keep Command on the page after running
Here’s another interesting feature.
It is sometimes helpful to use some copywriting templates in the middle of writing in their long-form assistant.
At those times you can just enter Power Mode. Now you have instant access to all the templates to work with to aid your long-form content creation!
A real-life use case would be, say – you’re writing a blog post review and you are struggling to convert the features of a product to benefits.
You simply can head over to the “feature to benefit” template, generate, and use it in a section of your blog post.
Or you can make use of the “persuasive bullet points” template to convince the readers!
Along with these things, Jarvis.ai also makes sure that your content is SEO-optimized.
You can enter up to 3 keywords for which you want Jarvis to optimize your content.
In addition to this, Jarvis currently integrates with Surfer SEO, so your content would be optimized for search engines.
The tool displays the topics or keywords (that other top-ranking sites are covering) you need to include in your copy to make it more topically relevant.
Having access to correlational SEO tools alongside AI content writing tools like Jarvis is a welcome feature that is unique to the tool.
Recently, after acquiring ShortlyAI, they have something called “Jarvis Commands.” (which they borrowed from it).
With this, it is possible to ask the AI for help while creating long-form content and use inline commands when writing marketing copy.
Simply tell Jarvis to “Write an intro paragraph about <blog topic>.“, and it’ll generate a good intro for you.
For example, if I wanted some bullet points to help me with my sales pitch, in Jarvis Commands I would simply type:
“What are 3 great sales pitch tips?” Press CMD+Enter, and it will provide me with a few proven tips for making a great sales pitch.
Here are some examples of what you can ask:
- Write a PAS for the content above. (Problem, Agitate, Solve)
- Write an AIDA for the content above. (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
- Write a BAB about the content above. (Before, After, Bridge)
- Write some blog post titles about [topic].
- Write a content brief about [topic or title].
- Write a blog outline for a blog post titled [blog post title].
- Write some FAQs about [blog post topic].
- Answer the question “How much protein should I eat per day?”.
- Write a blog post intro for the above.
- Make a list of [topic]. (ex. Make a list of auto manufacturers)
- Write a conclusion about the above content. (Likely to write a conclusion paragraph)
- Write some ad headlines for the product description above.
- Write ad copy about the product description above.
- Rewrite the above to explain it to a 5th grader.
- Run Content Improver on the content above.
- Write a value prop for the company described above.
- Write some persuasive bullets for the content above.
- Write a feature benefit for a feature that does [feature description].
- Write a listicle outline for [the best ways to lose weight].
- Write some YouTube titles about [topic].
- Write a video script outline for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video script intro for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video script hook for a video titled <video title>.
- Write a video description for the above video script.
Pro tip: You can easily add these commands into your text expander for easier execution.
Or, you can go a step further, do this setup?
As of me writing this blog post, they introduced the Jarvis Recipes feature.
Let us know what recipes mean here.
It’s just a collection of prompts/commands, you need to run in order to get a really high-quality copy or content.
Let’s see how it works.
You also have the option to include an explainer video in case if you are handing the outline over to a writer!
Once done, you can run this recipe or get a public link for the recipe!
Running the recipe opens the long-form editor, where you can generate the outputs!
How good are the outputs for me?
Jarvis.ai has been working really well for me in terms of assisting me with my content creation.
With any other tool, I have difficulty letting it write correctly from the beginning of the content creation process (as you may too).
AI can let the content flow wildly, so you need to steer it in the right direction by creating a detailed outline (that sets topical depth and breadth).
The outputs generated by Jarvis.ai are superior to those of other tools in the market, and it doesn’t produce irrelevant fluff as often as other tools do.
But needless to say, you need to train the AI in the right context and work with it.
Over time, you’ll be able to see good results out of it.
I’m in their Pro+Boss mode, so I don’t feel guilty of hitting the “compose” button obsessively!– Me💭:
How it compares to other tools?
As of now, there’s no tool in the market that offers features like GPT-3 commands and as well as assure you high quality outputs.
I have strong intuition regarding Frase and PepperType, and they can effectively compete against Jarvis shortly.
If you’re interested in writing long form content that’s persuasive, Jarvis is the best as of me writing this blog post.
There are three tiers of pricing plans for writers, including Starter ($29/month), Pro Unlimited Plan ($109), and Boss Mode Plan ($119).
With Jarvis’ Starter plan, you can have Jarvis write short-form copy using more than 50 skills such as headlines, descriptions, and bios.
Jarvis’ pro plan unlocks the ability to write long-form content, such as blog posts, video scripts, and books.
With the Pro + Boss mode, you can write long-form content faster by using Jarvis commands to let artificial intelligence write exactly what you need.
Tell me, who’s it for?
Jarvis (Conversion.ai) meets the needs of a wide range of people.
A lot of people opt for their templates-only plan and use it to create fragments of their blog posts.
But their Starter plan comes with a limit of 25,000 on word count, so you may want to get an unlimited plan if you plan to hit that “Compose” button more often.
Is it worth it for you?
It is true that Jarvis is one of the more expensive options on the market.
However, Jarvis may provide you with a process that will improve your output by 50-70% (or more in some cases) over what you could have achieved without Jarvis.
Money is all about time value. Knowing your self-worth in monetary terms is crucial if you’re clueless about it.
Jarvis has really reduced the time I spend creating my initial drafts.
Depending on the niche, Jarvis can even speed up your writing workflow by 200% – 500% if enough content exists for it to write on.
For agencies and freelancers, Jarvis.ai gives the best ROI.
Does Jarvis.ai have any discounts or coupons?
No, it does come with a 7-day trial. You can make use of the special link in this blog post to get 5,000 credits, though.
Will Google rank my content if it’s AI-generated?
I would argue that Google will not bother deciphering AI content (it has much better things to do with its processing power). All Google cares is about whether people are spending time on your content and your content is satisfying their intent.
Has ever Jarvis.ai offered a lifetime deal?
They never did offer a lifetime deal but offered a launch or early adopters’ discount. But surely they tapped the lifetime deal audience.
Does Jarvis.ai come with an affiliate program?
They do have an affiliate program where you can earn 30% recurring commissions.
What are the alternatives to Jarvis.ai?
As of now, the only viable long-form alternative to it is ShortlyAI, but it’s been acquired by them.
What is Jarvis Boss Mode?
In this mode, you can ask Jarvis to generate content in the form of commands like you do with Google Assistant or Siri.
What technology does Jarvis use?
It makes use of OpenAI’s GPT 3 algorithm. They have trained the algorithm to make it more suitable for copywriting and conversions – giving rise to Jarvis!