Sometimes, no matter how widespread a software might be, there might be downsides to it and you might just not want to accept them.
Because these days there’s an alternative for pretty much every tool out there – and Infusionsoft makes no exception from this rule, as there are plenty of Infusionsoft alternatives.
In this article, I will show you seven Infusionsoft competitors, most of which are cheaper alternatives to Infusionsoft that work just as fine.
|#||Product||Starting price||Free trail||Explore|
|3||EngageBay||$8.99/user/mo||Free plan |
|6||Agile CRM||$8.99/mo||Free for 10 users||Explore|
Infusionsoft (lately known as Keap) is a platform that offers email marketing and sales tracking services to its users.
This might not sound like much, but a platform like this can be really invaluable for pretty much every company.
What is Infusionsoft used for?
Infusionsoft integrates marketing campaigns, customer lifetime cycles, customer relationship management (CRM), eCommerce, lead capture, and product listings tools in one platform.
This helps marketing and sales teams coordinate with each other and work towards a common goal: attracting and converting customers.
Infusionsoft has been on the market for nearly two decades (it was founded in 2001). Moreover, it is most definitely one of the most popular tools of its kind.
Unfortunately, however, it also comes with downsides, which is precisely why some people might be looking at the alternatives.
In this article, we will discuss some of the most popular and suitable Infusionsoft alternatives, so that you can choose that which fits you the best.
Although Infusionsoft might be one of the most popular options of its kind and although it has been around for nearly 20 years, it is worth considering other options.
There are a lot of downsides to Infusionsoft.
Some users might be OK with these, but others might not want to put up with this and they might want to search for some alternatives that work better for them.
To be more specific, here are some of the downsides of Infusionsoft you might want to consider:
Keap starts at a steep $200/ month, which might not seem like that much for a platform that offers a lot, but is actually the starting price.
To this, you can expect to add at least a couple hundred dollars if you want to have more users and more contacts to use with your account.
Alternatively, you can settle on Keap Grow or Keap Pro, the beginner and intermediate plans (starting at $79, respectively at $149).
However, they do not offer nearly as many features as the higher-priced Infusionsoft and you might find yourself having to purchase other software licenses in addition to your Keap one.
To be fair, Infusionsoft is not the easiest tool to use. In fact, you might have to provide your team with some serious additional training if you want to enable them to make the most out of this tool.
Infusionsoft has some pretty rigid rules when it comes to sending emails.
For instance, some users complain about the fact that, when they send cold outreach emails, Infusionsoft will automatically throttle their broadcast until they determine your spam rate.
Clearly, this can be an issue especially for companies where cold outreach is one of the main sales strategies.
Lead tracking is one of the most touted features of Infusionsoft.
However, users constantly complain about malfunctioning lead tracking on their Infusionsoft accounts, saying that the tool simply does not track their lead correctly.
These are just some of the downsides to using Infusionsoft and the main reasons people are looking for alternatives when it comes to this type of tool.
Fortunately, there are plenty of them, as you will see further on in this article as well.
If you don’t want to put up with the downsides of Infusionsoft, you have a lot of alternatives you can choose from. We picked seven of the most popular ones below:
ActiveCampaign offers roughly the same features as Infusionsoft: marketing automation, email marketing, and customer relationship management.
They also target mostly small businesses, but ActiveCampaign has a plan dedicated to larger businesses as well.
You can definitely use Infusionsoft for large businesses too (and many do), but the pricing might be a major downside.
So, what does ActiveCampaign have over Infusionsoft, more specifically?
- Better pricing, with ActiveCampaign starting at $9 and goes up to $229 (or more, if you need to add more contacts). Even so, you get to spend less on ActiveCampaign for roughly the same features as you would with Infusionsoft.
- Third-party integration with more than 200 external services
- Simple email designer
- Ease of use that does not require extensive training
- Easier to build email sequences
- SMS marketing
- Tracking the geographical location of your contacts
What are the pros and cons of ActiveCampaign in general?
- A low starting price point even when compared to many other similar tools
- Ease of use and a very user-friendly interface (basically, it’s a drag and drop system)
- Integration with third-party tools (including for eCommerce purposes and affiliate marketing tools)
- Fun to use (it really is!)
- It’s not an all-in-one solution like Infusionsoft (although you can integrate other tools with it and get the same features)
- The tagging system is a bit lacking because it cannot be organized very well
Hubspot is one of the single most popular marketing automation tools out there.
Although some would not compare it to Infusionsoft, it can do pretty much the same things like it and more on top.
HubSpot is primarily an inbound marketing and sales platform that aims to help businesses automate their processes and streamline revenue by attracting and converting a customer base.
How is HubSpot better than ActiveCampaign? In short, these are the points you might want to consider when looking at the two:
- HubSpot is the all-in-one marketing and sales automation software by excellence. It really does have everything you need (and those features it doesn’t have by default can be easily integrated via third-party apps).
- HubSpot can allow you to run your blogging and social media campaign
- You can also create Landing Pages with HubSpot
- HubSpot will also enable you to run in-depth Keyword Research
- The Analytics section of HubSpot is extensive and will provide you with in-depth information, such as the total number of leads.
Here are its pros and cons:
- It starts at $0, so you can basically test it out for free
- Plus, its pricing plan is very flexible too
- It has a live chat feature that makes it easy for you to get customer support when you need it
- It provides in-depth insights (including how customers open your emails, and so on)
- You can customize your campaigns as you see fit, no limits applied
- Marketing and sales databases are perfectly integrated with each other
- It’s easy to use
- It comes with a solid Resource Library
- It’s an all-in-one tool that makes your life easier
- It will require you to pay onboarding fees
- You will have to do lots of configurations
- Although easy to use, it can be tricky to use correctly (e.g. you will have to learn how to segment your lists correctly and work with them)
- Price can get very steep with every extra feature you add
EngageBay is an all-in-one integrated solution for marketing, sales, and CRM support. It’s what you need to forget the head-throbbing complexities of managing these three multilayered functions.
Basically, you’ll use Engagebay not only to attract and engage your target audience but also to convert them into satisfied and happy long-term clients.
And the best thing is that it allows you to run your online business like a well-oiled machine at extremely cost-effective prices.
So, how exactly is Engagebay better than Infusionsoft?
- It’s an all-in-one sales, marketing automation hub, service, and CRM platform that can only be compared to HubSpot. You get the opportunity to align your marketing, support, and sales teams under one roof.
- When it comes to pricing, It has the most affordable solutions in the market for its raw power and flexibility.
- You can use the all-in-one features on their free plan for your first 1000 contacts.
- Engagebay is much easier to use when compared to Infusionsoft and you get 24/7 support.
- You can say goodbye to expensive third-party integrations as Engagebay comes equipped with lead gen and tracking tools, landing pages, deal pipelines, live chat app, and so much more.
- Affordable pricing and you don’t have to pay for the features you don’t need.
- One can opt to discontinue whenever they want, unlike HubSpot that has an annually binding contract.
- It’s easy to use.
- It offers a free trial and signup when onboarding
- It has limited landing page templates.
- The learning curve may be a bit steep for amateurs.
Ontraport is another Infusionsoft alternative worth looking into.
The main difference between Infusionsoft and Ontraport is that the latter seems to target even very small businesses (such as solopreneurs and entrepreneurs at the beginning of their journey).
In terms of the tools, it incorporates, Ontraport brings together marketing automation, customer relationship management, eCommerce, and reporting features. This makes Ontraport an excellent competitor for Infusionsoft.
What exactly does Ontraport have over Infusionsoft? In short, these are the points you might want to consider:
- Better, and more complex contact tagging
- More intuitive campaign builder with less of a learning curve for new users
- Smaller upfront investment than in the case of Infusionsoft
- 14-day free trial (with no credit card required)
- Integrated landing pages
- Facebook custom audience integration
- Visual campaign builder
- Built-in WordPress functionalities
- The possibility to run split tests
- Real-time sales alerts
What are the general pros and cons of Ontraport, though? Here are some of the things you might want to keep in mind:
- Pricing is quite good, considering there are no onboarding costs and you get two hours of onboarding calls for free
- Award-worthy customer service (email, phone, and chat)
- A unified system that brings together email campaigns, landing pages, and eCommerce with your customer relationship management
- Custom objects (which can help you bring together multiple databases) and which is available on non-enterprise accounts as well (unlike with Salesforce)
- eCommerce features (upsells, cross-sells, automatic credit card payments, and so on)
- The non-appealing visual dashboard interface
- Although the pricing point is very low, it might not be suitable for startups and low-budget companies
- Limited range of third-party integrations
Although it offers features that are similar to Infusionsoft and its alternatives, Kartra focuses a lot on complete affiliate management and customizing the visitor experience as much as possible (including by creating drag and drop sites and pages).
This is meant to help users increase their conversions and sales (especially if their business happens mostly online).
How is Kartra better than Infusionsoft? Here are some points to consider:
- Integrated site builder
- Features to help you build sales funnels
- Integrated help desk abilities
- The ability to transform your business into a paid membership-based one
- Pricing plans start at $79 for more features than in the case of the cheapest Keap plan
- Ease of use (as compared to Infusionsoft)
- More suitable for the average entrepreneur
What are both the pros and cons of Kartra outside of its comparison with Infusionsoft, though?
- Simple and easy to use (drag and drop tool)
- Split testing
- Built-in photo library
- Preset page templates
- Responsive page creation
- It is a bit more difficult to connect landing pages with sales pages
- Mobile pages might look a bit off
- No divider between the sections of a page
- Sometimes, the tool can get slow when you are moving elements into the page
- Email marketing is not as developed as in the case of ActiveCampaign
- It might require you to use additional software, so it’s not an all-in-one per se
AgileCRM is another alternative that might provide you with benefits Infusionsoft doesn’t.
You can use this tool for everything related to sales (appointments, calls and voicemail automation, deals, project management, contact management, etc.)
In addition, the platform functions as marketing automation, email marketing, landing page, and email tracking tool, as well as a tool for your customer support team.
Last, but not least, Agile CRM is integrated with the largest third-party tools out there, so it will make it easier for you to seamlessly connect all your favorite tools.
What does Agile CRM have over Infusionsoft? In short, these features might be the ones to make the difference for you:
- More suitable for freelancers, solopreneurs, and very small businesses
- Suitable for mid-size businesses and large businesses as well (unlike Infusionsoft, which is geared almost exclusively at small businesses)
- Pricing starts at $8.99/ month
- A/B Testing features
- Auto Dialer
- Behavior tracking
- Multi-Factor authentication options
And what are its main pros and cons, outside of Infusionsoft?
- Very easy to use
- Easy to understand email reporting
- Easy to create scripts based on your segments or buyer personas
- A good bang for your buck
- Reporting can sometimes be odd and counter-intuitive
- If you need to add more features, you will have to pay more as well
- No HTML block options to add to the email builder
- No social media integration
- No possibility to create quotes
ClickFunnels is by far one of the most notorious tools of everything presented in this article.
The platform takes pride in being a tool that helps you market, sell, and deliver your products.
However, as the name suggests, its main focus is clearly sales funnels.
ClickFunnels is quite popular in online communities for its ease of use and for the variety and complexity of the features it brings to the table. I personally believe it might just be one of the very best Infusionsoft alternatives.
What does it have over Infusionsoft? In short, these features make it a better option:
- No setup fees
- It has a 30-day money-back guarantee
- 14 days of a free trial
- Easy to use
- Suitable for a wider range of businesses (including freelancers)
- A/B testing
- Custom domains
- Sales funnels capabilities (setting sales funnels up, advanced sales funnels, membership funnels, webinar funnels, Hangouts funnels)
- Upsell pages
Leaving aside the Infusionsoft comparison, what are some of the pros and cons of using ClickFunnels?
- Extremely easy to use landing pages
- Excellent as a lead generation tool
- Complex sales funnels scenario
- Free training in the member area and on Facebook groups
- Good for mobile optimization
- Easy integrations
- Excellent customer support
- As a customer relationship management software, it is quite limited. It’s not called a CRM by the way.
- A bit of a learning curve (but not as much as in the case of Infusionsoft)
- Not much customization for the membership area
- Lacking an affiliate management system
- Might not be suitable for beginners in general
We couldn’t have made this list without including Salesforce on it.
Perhaps one of the single most common and popular sales tools, Salesforce is a great Infusionsoft alternative you should definitely consider.
Salesforce is seen as customer relationship management software. However, its features and its integrations make it an excellent all-in-one tool for managing customers, leads, marketing campaigns, data collection, and pretty much everything your business might need.
How is Salesforce better than Infusionsoft, to be more specific?
Here are some features to keep in mind:
- It is suitable for businesses at all levels (from small businesses to enterprises)
- You can add or delete features as you see fit
- It’s easy to find employees who already know how to work with it
- No setup fee
- Starting with 5 users
- Split testing capabilities
- Bulk social media posting
- Social CRM
- SAP integration
- Oracle integration
- You can pay an annual subscription
- Lead management
- File sharing and file synchronization
- A much larger variety of features
Regardless of Infusionsoft, though, what are the pros and cons of Salesforce?
- It is one of the most powerful CRM platforms on the market
- You can add and remove features as you need
- Most sales representatives know how to work with it
- Excellent integration with a wide range of third-party features
- Very good automation option
- Helps you manage customers of different sizes
- A lot of online training and support available
- It is one of the more expensive tools (and you can only get a quote if you contact them because they customize your plan to your needs)
- Although easy to use, it can be overwhelming if this is your first time working with it
- Technical support might not be great if you don’t pay for developer support
Infusionsoft is a great tool, but as mentioned in the beginning, it comes with steep downsides not many people are willing to put up with.
I totally get that, especially since Infusionsoft is among the pricier options and you would expect to actually get a lot for that money.
Fortunately for you, there are many other Infusionsoft alternatives to consider. We have discussed ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, Ontraport, Kartra, Agile CRM, ClickFunnels, and Salesforce – but rest assured these are just the top 8 options.
Which one should you choose?
It depends on who you are and what you want.
If I had to choose one, personally, it would be ActiveCampaign or HubSpot because they allow for extensive content marketing and marketing options.
Only you can decide which of these suits your needs the best – so analyze them and decide on that which truly fits you and your business.
What do you think?
Would you add any tool to this list of Infusionsoft alternatives – and if so, why?
Leave a comment below and let’s talk about it!